Miami vs FSU 2022

I taped the game since I was unable to watch the live broadcast. Knowing the score when I watched the tape, I expected bad, but it was even worse than I expected. You’ll recall, I posed the question of whether or not we’d be able to beat Virginia. Now, I wonder if we can win even one game remaining on our schedule.

IMO, Miami forfeited its chance for greatness passing so many time in hiring Leach. Many on this board felt Leach was too radical, a bad actor, someone who might bring shame down on the program. What a terrible mistake we made.

Leach is surely one of the greatest offensive innovators in college football with a coaching tree of incredibly successful coaches including Lincoln Riley and Jose Heupel. As to being too controversial, we might have considered that Leach is a Morman, a lawyer, and a university professor teaching academic courses. Wherever he has gone, he has been embraced by fans, filled their stadiums, won games predicted that he would lose, and filled the NFL with skilled player despite never achieving vaunted recruiting classes . We had a man with a great vision in our sights, but we turned out be myopic time and again. What a pity. For this reason I think our two decade lack of success is a deserved fate, a karmic effect.

BAHAHAHAHAHA…….

BAHAHAHAHAHA…….

HOW WAS HE COACHING AN OFFENSE IN THE PLAYOOFS AND ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR LAST YEAR?

DID YOU SEE US RUN THE “PLAY OFF” COVERAGE COACH D AND GOLDEN USE TO PLAY?

IMAGINE THAT……

WEIRD…….

A little more obvious than Joey Freshwater!

I love Leach as he truly gets a ton more from his players via his Air Raid scheme. That said, the air raid has won 2 national championships!

The issues are multiple but at the top has to be an OC that can scheme to his players strengths. Enough of the forced square peg round whole shit.

College football has changed in the last 5 years with NIL and the portal. We can get the talent and have a ton of talent. I’m expecting the O staff to look very different and addae on D will be gone after many many many safety busts.

ISN’T IT CRAZY THAT NOW ON A MORE EQUAL PLAYING FIELD BAMA IS OUT ALREADY?

THE STUGOTZS WILL ONLY HOLD ON TO THE COACHING MYTHS FOR SO LONG……

JIMBO TRIED TO TELL YOU BUT YOU DON’T LISTEN……

WORRY ABOUT THE RECRUITS MARIO IS LINING UP THAT IS A BETTER USE OF YOUR TIME….

Blockquote

https://twitter.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1586043881183117312?s=42&t=Va_Cj5BbSkvLUfzjiXl-Xg

LISTEN TO PAT MCAFEE TALK ABOUT HIM READING WHAT A GREAT COACH GREG ROMAN IS NOW WHEN HE WAS A BIG DUMB DIP SHIT FOR YEARS……

WERE THE STUGOTZS NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT LASHLEE FOR YEARS?

WORLD WAKE UP CALLS COMING….

It is crazy to think that coaching will matter more than ever with the talent getting spread across many teams vs just UGA/Bama. Every small percentage of improvement matters! Be it talent, coaching, training table, facilities, off-field staff…

YUP IT IS CRAZY TO THINK A COACH WAS 44-55……

GOT THE BEST QB EVER AND BECAUSE THE GREATEST COACH EVER……

UNTIL HE LEFT AND NOW IS .500 AND LAST IN A DIVISION THEY DOMINATED FOR TWO DECADES……

YOU KNOW IN THE NFL WHERE THE TALNET IS SPREAD OUT……

BY THE WAY ALL THE “GREAT COACHES” ARE THE BEST RECRUITERS….

WEIRD….

45 blue chippers on this team and heading to a 4-8 season. For all the talk about talent wins games, it sure does look like coaches can help drag a team down! I don’t even want to hear how we need an NFL QB when we had one in TVD until Gattis got him killed with his play calls and scheme.

Hell, the best blocking TE (Brantley) hardly saw the field last night when we were running the ball on almost every F’ing play! Maybe Brantley is in the dog house for blocks too good at the UVA game.

If it is all about QB then that 5’8 kid at UGA is the next Tom Brady! I mean…5 star kid coming out of HS ready to dominate. He literally didn’t even need a second of coaching and can sandlot UGA to wins.

We missed out on alright :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you want to watch an entertaining game, watch SMU Houston. SMU won 77-63 after being down 17-0.

SMU scored 70 points in the last 3 quarters.

Neither team has better personnel than Miami and yet they can score a ton of points.

Write this season off as I did after Middle Tennessee. Miami cannot score; it’s kind of a limiting factor.

I hope Mario sees the light, fires Tan Enos and hires a true spread OC who can roll up the points.

If you toss out the 3 cupcakes games, one of which Miami lost, Miami has only scored 91 points in 6 games; 15 points a game.

At this point, I would actually be fine with Miami playing in an air raid or crazy spread offense knowing we aren’t going to win it all. Just win 9-11 games a year and keep stacking talent. At some point, we may get luck with an 11-1 team and 12 team play off.

Still crappy, he got lucky at Michigan simply put. His play calling sucks, and I didn’t like his shit at Michigan either. Slow trodding, big 10 bullshit.

HE GOT LUCKY THE WHOLE SEASON ALL THE WAY TO THE PLAYOFFS?

SO NOW A COACH WINS AN “UPSET” AND HE IS DOING MORE WITH LESS BUT A GUY MAKES THE PLAYOFFS AND IS ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR AND IT WAS LUCK?

THINK ABOUT IT……

Dude, it’s a slow trodding big 10 offense that works against crappy big 10 teams AND Michigan had/has a better roster clearly to make it work when he was there.

This was beautiful

Probably not…And I’m sure it would be better with a Michigan type OL…But

There is such as thing as adjusting when you don’t have an OL…Making things easier on your QB, etc…And I obviously think there is a disconnect on this team right now between upperclassmen and new staff on both sides of the ball. BUT…

I think it’s at least FAIRLY CLEAR (if not entirely) that he was Jim Harbaugh’s errand boy at Michigan. Or at least it’s looking more and more like that.

I think it’s too risky to keep him right now…I’m no offensive genius, but where the hell are things like a simple hot route? You can be a bad football team and improve

45-3 noncompetitive worst loss to a to rival on your home field that overall is only slightly more talented than you (they don’t have as any holes as we do)… And your guys are being coached by Jason Taylor, Ed Reed, Eddie O, etc…And a good bit of our injury guys were back. I’m not surprised we lost. I’m not even surprised it wasn’t close. But this body of work is mind-boggling. Think about that, all these guys and millions being contributed to the program, and this is the performance. You and I agree not to overreact in first year, especially because I agree these regimes IN MANY WAYS are polar opposites, but something ain’t right, and I expect it to be much better in the first place.

But I am alarmed with Gattis, and I never understand what was worth a shit on Ponce’s resume in the first place. I’m never the type to scream fire coaches early…but at least admit there’s some red flags.

I’m patient and expect things to look different next year, but there are definitely red flags and when you factor in that WELL BEFORE HE WAS HIRED TO UM…There were rumors that Harbaugh kinda took the reins from him after a poor early start to his career as OC at Mich, and Cristobal has never been an X and O guy.

Meh…There were big plays all over the field last year for Michigan, despite losing best WR and downfield threat in Week 1…RB/WR/TE, occasional McCarthy as QB2 run-in threat, big plays everywhere. …They were 28th in the country in 20+ yard plays, and tied for 7th in 40+. Out of 130 teams. I would kill for that offense right now. Sign me up for it ANY GOD DAMN YEAR. Loved it.

When you adjust for tempo, it is even more impressive because they played at a snail’s pace and almost every team above them ran more total plays.

I’m not defending or condemning Gattis’s performance here, just stating fact