Miami vs FSU 2022

May as well start the game thread and pre-game thread with some predictions:

TVD, X, Mallory, Parrish, Young, and Brantley start. Potentially, they go with a WR over Brantley but Brantley will get a good number of snaps as he looks for DE/OLB heads to crack.

Nelson gets snaps potentially.

On D

Williams, Mesidor are back. Ts2 vs Wilson could be the game. If Ts2 continues at his high level, it keeps Miami in the game. We need the other 4 DBs to hold up their end.

We see more 3 man fronts with two spies that include one of Harvey/Kelly similar to uva when FSU could run the QB.

Miami needs 2 TOs more than FSU and/or special teams TD to win.

Miami 18 fsu 17 if you are homer

More likely 28-15 FSU as I don’t believe Gattis can scheme us to a win in a pro spread with air raid kids and an OL that isn’t good enough.

On the bright side, a ton of uncommitted elite talent will be in Miami for visits.

Next commits IMO will be another CB (Brown or UF kid) and a DT.

There is a good chance Miami signs up to 30 HS kids IF they find enough elite talent. Then if we have 20-25 transfer out, we take 10 more in the portal.

From what I’ve seen this year, I’d say FSU will win the game by 10 or more points. If Miami wins, I’ll consider it an upset.

Gattis’s offense never lived up to its preseason expectations. We were supposed to have an improved rushing game. For certain, that hasn’t materialized. Instead, we have a slow motion offense where TVD holds the ball too damn long, and if TVD has a short falling, it is the quickness of his release. Our rushing plays are anything but deceptive. I rarely see a counter play that succeeds.

I believe Miami’s offense is too impatient to complete the home run pass. First, I’d like see our QB EARLY IN THE GAME develop a rhythm in the short passing game throwing a helluva lot more slants, flairs, outs, and screens. The RBs need some space to display their rushing skills, so let’s give them some on quick flair passes. Success builds momentum. When you develop successful rhythm, notch a few first downs, the long pass plays then seem to happen. Miami must win on first down and not get behind moving the chains. Otherwise, the series will result in one desperate third down conversion play after another where the defensive linemen needn’t play run defense rather they pin their ears back and chase our QB who likely will be running for his life increasing the likelihood of throwing a pic.

Our defense needs to stay in their lanes and prevent their QB from making those long conversion runs that seem happen in every game. The guy whom I believe will kill us is FSU’s 6’7" WR Johnny Wilson a transfer from Arizona State that FSU landed in the portal. In my mind’s eye, I see Wilson having a field day against us, especially against our LBs.

Here’s an article that breaks down the contest position by position. Notice, they give the FSU QB Travis the nod over Van Dyke.

It’s still Miami vs FSU and it’s a sold out home game for us which means more Noles fans than Canes fans but this is a BIG time game for us under the lights on ABC. I honestly believe that we will win this game. Kids will show up to play tonight leaving us wondering where they have been all year. True, we don’t have the talent that we thought we have but I still think we have more talent than FSU.

The key to this game…SPY and stop their running QB.

My prediction is Miami 35 FSU 28

1 Like

FSU 28 Miami 17

Not sure we can score two TDs

2 Likes

If we can put the DVD that was turning the corner with our best defense with healthy bodies…We have a chance…But we’d obviously have to play a game we haven’t all year.

I can’t invest any faith in it and I never like new coaches in rivalries. I think we keep it close and lean Canes and under, but I’m not playing game.

27-23 FSU. Lean Canes +7.5 and lean under. (the only official play I’ve had on UM was an under winner last week, had some early money on Tamu under as well, but not a big amt) I think we have a puncher’s chance though if you wanna bet on the “come” that we put our best moments together and the fact we should have Mesidor, Restrepo, George, TVD,J.Will, (maybe even Nelson??) etc all on the field at once. Can’t verify Bissainthe, but he’d be huge here because FSU RB against our LBs scare the shit outta me.

I have Tvd/Garcia as a whopping ehhh 6.5-7 point difference in the pointspread. If everyone plays that is supposed to, I would make it FSU -5/5.5…Garcia I make it FSU -12.

Enjoy game guys…No idea, but we need to see a different team than we have yet or we’ll get beat comfortably.

38-7 FL ST in a blowout

1 Like

Records don’t matter in this game. It’s Miami/FSU

Go 'Canes.

Best I can do is switch the QB halfway through a series.
/Gattis

:joy:

1 Like

Brinson just watches Benson pass him lol

I see Gattis learned from last week. Asks Skinner to block like Brantley.

Gattis sucks the life out of this team.

Then we have Blades forgetting SAFETY responsibility.

Miami now needs 3 TOs to win the game.

We are a train wreck

1 Like

FSU might score 50+…smh

1 Like

It’s a bad team.

Nothing else to say. Bottom of the ACC type team.

Mario gets three years to figure this out. First step is firing Gattis. Then we’ll see where it goes from there.

1 Like

Are we still thinking Cristobal figures anything out besides how to cash those ridiculously overpaid checks?

Well…seen enough for tonight ! Gonna switch channels…see what’s good that’s streaming. A vodka & tonic might help me forget what I’ve seen so far :disappointed:

1 Like

Well, once again I was wrong.

Right now, I just don’t get it. Steele is a legit DC, Gattis won the Broyles award last year. Mario is not a horrible coach, look what he left Oregon with, a top 10 team.

Wasn’t Kitchens a 4 Star, both Williams guys 5 Stars?

Penalties are killing us, again.

We need a complete roster overhaul.

I can’t believe he hired this guy in the first place.

What was the requirement? A pulse check?

1 Like

Garcia should never see the field again

1 Like

Yep.

This team is so bad. Hell, Diaz was doing better last year.

I’m wondering how low we can go.