May as well get a running Portal list going

Do we have any solid info on any potential portal prospects they are looking at? Just curious if we’ve heard anything yet.

WR Dubose from Charlotte (he will draw plenty of attention)
And a WR from an FCS school in Dallas who looks like a late bloomer stud

I believe they will look at Sean Taylor’s cuz Gabe Taylor from Rice. This wouldn’t surprise me, he can play nickel or safety. Small but tenacious, and ball skills.

Some are mentioning Frank Gore, Jr…I’m just not sure we need another smaller back. He’s a tough runner for sure.

There is also smoke CJ (Decarlo I believe is his first name) Donaldson is very much in play for UM…He was a WR at Gulliver, who ended up growing bigger, but not much taller during his career, so he was a TE/H-Back recruit by the time he was as senior who loved UM. Excellent hands and made highlight film catches at Gulliver. He ended up moving to RB and did quite well this year when WVU starter went down (6.0 apr!! . No idea if he will play both positions or be just a RB at UM. As a frosh and soph in HS when he was thought of as a WR prospect he was about 6’1 190-200. Graduated about 225-230)…Now 235-240 I believe.

1 Like

Sounds promising for the potential WR and RB positions, personally I’m far more concerned about OL and DB. Miami has for lack of a better word, been pretty subpar on those two positions for many years now.

Hopefully MC can fix that going forward.

It’s very, very early…Many of the names aren’t even in the portal yet

FCs portal is open.

Fbs opens December 5

100% getting a WR and RB that are starter material. Citizen can’t play in the spring so they need numbers. WR - they have a growing list.

2 Likes

TVD as of now is planning on returning to Miami in 23. Out of key players, ts2 and Nelson are the only two likely leaving. I’m expecting 28-32 departures before spring ball with around 20 ee plus portal kids in before spring. Add another 15 post spring arrivals and a handful more departures.

1 Like

Any input on definite HS names that are EE?

I saw some YT chatter about a new DB coach coming and that they have some relationships with potential 4 and 5 star recruits and some of the portal prospects. You heard anything on this? Not trying to get into the weeds, just wondering if there is any “where there is smoke, there’s fire” stuff going on.

Img kids are all EEs.
Carver
Bryant

That is six as of now. I’m sue there are more but the kids that are sure will wait until the grades come in.

1 Like

I believe the Washington twins and Aguirre are EE…Not positive, but I think it was mentioned in a summer or early fall article.

Stafford is another EE.

I’m expecting 15-20 ee and 10 portal kids.

The name I heard coached last night and lost. I’ve also heard that 1-2 kids want to portal from that same team.

2 Likes

Ya I think 10 is a good portal guess as well. No idea EE but safe to say, should/will be double digits

Bryant- god help me if he doesn’t replace Flagg.

Stafford/McClain- they will be forced into action unless we land two elite CBs from the portal. Rodgers and Graves are still really good CBs but both have been recovering from injuries.

One Elite DE- we need someone to send Harvey to the bench. That could be Kelly if he adds 20lbs as he is getting pushed around a little this year. Still want a fourth that can push Mesidor and Kelly to new highs.

WR- I expect this to get resolved in two ways. 1. Gattis gone which means kids aren’t at their floors do to OC/WR. 2. Speed and elite kids from HS and Portal.

OL- this is the number 1,2,3 issue to resolve. This is why I expect 4 departures. Nelson is still leaning towards the NFL. Thus, we will need 2 starters min and likely 3-5 starter level kids. Push Cooper, Clarke, Rivers …no word on Campbell.

GADDIS WAS IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR CALLING PLAYS…

ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR IN ALL OF CFB…

NOW EVEN IF WE ADD ELITE TALENT HE STILL FORGOT HOW TO COACH OFFENSE……

SAME GUY: COACHING MATTERS……

How about all the offenses that are ridiculously better than UM? And don’t have anywhere near elite talent?

There are levels to bad.

Stop talking idiot…You are overmatched and the caps lock doesn’t make up for the difference.

SO LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE?

ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR MEANT NOTHING?

BUT THE SAME GUY SPEWING THIS IS THE GUY SAYING COACHING MATTERS

WHEN DOES IT MATTER?

HOW MANY PEOPLE GET WORSE AT THEIR JOBS AS THEY GET MORE EXPERIENCE?

I’m not even saying Gattis can’t coach, but it’s been openly very obvious his reluctance/refusal to adapt based on what he has and what he is given by the defense.

And thanks for the updates guys really appreciated!

Please don’t respond to Stormy Daniels. This isn’t about coaching vs talent. If Gattis is Elite, Mario keeps him or he lands a top job somewhere else. My money is on Gattis dropping off from here while those that replace him will do just fine. To date, his replacements have outperformed him.

+1