May as well get a running Portal list going

Watching the 49er offense the other day and how they just quickly dinked and dunked the crap out of AZ made me wonder what could have been if Gattis could ever actually adapt to what he’s been given…:expressionless:

That’s all Jimmy G can do, dink and dunk. He has the weapons that makes it work. When TVD was going up tempo, he was awesome. Our OL isn’t good enough for TVD or any QB on our roster to sit back and wait for guys to get open. Gattis hasn’t adjusted at all. Amazing what Lashlee was able to do with the same roster. Gattis has to go.

1 Like

Agreed on JG but they looked like world beaters by simply taking what’s given to them.

Just amazes me that any coach/coordinator either can’t see it or simply refuses to adjust. Miami has been given plenty of room underneath to do those exact same things. smh…

1 Like

And hopefully we don’t lose any key players to the portal.

Man I sincerely hope that MC can turn this around…

Our biggest losses will be to the NFL with Ts2 and Nelson likely leaving. Nelson is an idiot if he goes. Ts2 has a ton of tape and will test well enough to get picked as a DB.

Arroyo/Skinner would be the best kids I’d watch but both are very likely to stay.

KSmith as a returner.

Maybe we see someone like Campbell depart as well which would hurt our OL.

B Smith would hurt but we have X along with Ray Ray and Washington coming.

Garcia is a good QB but needs real coaching. He flashes then he gets lost holding the ball too Long to either fumble or throw INTs.

Ya I understand bringin in your offense…And honestly I like building towards physicality.

I don’t even mind struggling til we get there, and I know there were injuries

But total unwillingness to adapt at all…Until what game (you had all spring and august to “KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE” and even then it’s very little). Is alarming.

1 Like

Agree with some of this

BUT we were like 38th in nation in tempo going into Brown’s first start, we since have slowed down a little to mudpack overall and SLIGHTLY slow over the total 11 games. But there was tempo early on.

And I wouldn’t say Lashlee was amazing by any means, but he was pretty good…And if you mean amazing what he can do as compared to Gattis, gotcha.

Ehhh I like watching that offense too, and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you

BUT just remember this “take what they give you stuff” is easier when you have 2 (CM, Deebo) of the top 7-8 guys in the league in taking a short pass and making it a house call…And one of the top 4-5 TE at his position in doing the same thing.

We have some guys, and I agree we didn’t do that enough…And some of those guys were in and out…Knighton, George, Chaney. But besides maybe B.Smith, we really didn’t have any explosive YAC after catch guys in there for parts of the season.

We have so many guys that can do this imo…And remember one of those was against frickin MTSU.

Our biggest losses will be to the NFL with Ts2 and Nelson likely leaving. Nelson is an idiot if he goes. Ts2 has a ton of tape and will test well enough to get picked as a DB.

Mesidor is a loss if he goes, hopefully he does not.

Mesidor, Jackson, LT56, Kelly are important young pieces. Harvey would be someone that could portal out if he thinks he will be replaced by Kelly or another portal addition.

The D is actually much closer to CFP level than people think.

Kam, Wes, Kelly, Mesidor, Jackson, lt56, Harvey, jw0, Hunte, Miller, M Williams… just missing some depth upfront and clearly Lb/DB.

I’m talking about Mesidor entertaining nfl ideas. I don’t think he will but he’s now had 3 good cfb injuries under his belt with tape inside and out

And Gabby on 247 mentioned it.

DB, LB, OL rooms should be cleaned out.

Kam, JW0, Graves, Harris, M Williams, A Williams, Rodgers are keepers. We need 2 starters IMO.

Wes, K Smith are keepers- we need serious help here!

Nelson, Campbell, Clarke, Rivers, Cooper, McCoy are keepers- we likely can keep 1-3 more depending on Nelson and Campbell. We need 2 portal starters.

WR- should be ok so long as we sign 3-4 HS kids and 1 starter from the portal. Just look at the massive drop off for every returning WR.

Te- elite level
HB- Brantley is good

RB- I’d like 2 more min.

DL- I’m very concerned with our recruiting at DL. Bain, Wilson, Wayne makes it elite at DE. Horton and McLeon make DT good.

Add Harrell to the list of departures.

Franklin
Harrell
Roberts
K Smith
Haye
Gil
Huff
K Washington- I actually forgot he was on the team.

33% done

— updated with huff and Washington—-

1 Like

And here I am, just waiting for Gattis to announce.

2 Likes

You have a few more days for that one. Expecting next week.

Mario may have Ponce call plays in the bowl game IF we win.

1 Like

Oh definitely agree on the YAC/house it players, but any offense can dumb down and throw simple slants and outs rather quickly vs like you said holding onto the ball until the second coming of Christ…and I know TVD sets up a bit slower but that is what a GOOD coach does, get players to adjust and work on weaknesses and then add new strengths.

I don’t know, I’m just like take a few 3 to 5 yards passes, get that RB and TE open right in front for a quick dump. I’m not expecting the 49er outcome by any means but they could definitely hold on to the ball more than 45 seconds…lol

Problem also becomes do you invest in a potential player when they are iffy for the portal…:thinking:

Big IF lol. I’m guessing Ponce goes to an analyst role next season as well.

1 Like

Keyshawn Washington enters portal

He was a kid I was never really thrilled with…One of the few these last 4-5 years that actually made the 3rd category in my commits list. Not physical enough for in the box. And a little two slow/stiff for free safety.

Always seemed like a good kid while recruited and in interviews.

1 Like

So add Harrell to that official list as well.

Updated up top

OOPs…Just realized 90s is updating in his post too.

1 Like