Well that was a shock

Guess we can offer lots of pt :crazy_face:

Lots of $$$

HOLY FUCKING SHITTT!!!

I didn’t even follow because figured no prayer

I was gonna add the PT comment but it was already done so I’ll still pick up a post here while commenting on not being the first to post about PT.

But honestly, the one thing about being this downright bad is that Mario can say, “come here and you’re playing - guaranteed!” :wink:

And I guess if that doesn’t work, we can always grab some Middle Tennessee and Duke transfers in the portal. :nauseated_face:

Feel so dirty cheering for this team now lol…

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Feel so dirty cheering for this team now lol…

YOU MEAN WHAT EVERY MIAMI COACH HAS HAD TO RECRUIT AGAINST?

NO MAN WE WERE LOSING BECAUSE OF SWASEY……

REMEMBER WHEN THE LEADER OF CIRCLE JERKERS LOST IN CONNECTICUT SAID UM WOULD NOT COMPETE IN THE NEW SYSTEM?

REMEMBER WHAT STORM SAID STUGOTZS?

#RINGOFCIRCLEJERKERS

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT ALL THE “MARIO SUCKS” STUGOTZS AS THEY KEEP BRINGING IN BLUE CHIP AFTER BLUE CHIP AND THEN HE BECOMES COACHING GENIUS……

STORM TRIES TO TELL THE STUGOTZS BUT THEY ARE HUNG UP ON SC COACHES AND SIGNATURE WINS……

It wasn’t inspiring play against Duke that prompted McClain to commit to Miami. Were I speculate why he chose us, I would concur with 90’sCane and say it was the dollars. Hat tip to Mario for recruiting prowess. I don’t think any of us saw this coming.

Ruiz needs to shut up until we win

That’s my gripe with this…I hate this mfer being the face of the program.

YET IT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A “GREAT COACH” OR NOT……

PLAYERS WIN AT A HIGH LEVEL NOT COACHING……

Let me guess… Storm is talking about great coaches can only win with great players. Crazy how our 45 blue chippers dropped games to MTSU and Duke(also a 1st-year coach). I really get sick of hearing how it is all about the players when anyone with a brain knows it is the FULL scope of the program: Players, Coaches, Analysts, training table, S&C, ATs, Doctors, BoT, Highsmith…

I’ll take it one step further: we have given up 6 long plays this year. A ton of that is on mental errors. This comes down to more coaching needed vs TALENT needed! Time in the system, understanding the system and their role within it, playing within the role… I guess you could call that mental talent brought about via good coaching.

No one has ever said we can win big with no talent. Almost everyone has said we need as much talent as we can get and talent wins games. That said, coaching matters in many many ways including the ability to recruit said talent, develop them physically and mentally, and get them into the best scheme/play to win every single down.

It’s the straw man Storm relies on to convince himself he’s right. And he argues against it even when everyone else is on a different subject.

Storm is right about recruiting when it comes to fielding a national championship team. Larry Coker is an example that validates Storm’s premise. Gene Chizik would be another example. Nevertheless, there are coaches whose skills in coaching enable them unexpected levels of success in spite of their rather modest recruiting classes. These programs are however few in number. TCU has had exceptional coaching as has Boise State. Wake Forest has been successful recently. The University of Kansas was hapless until they hired one of the winningest Div II coaches. North Dakota State has been a legendary winner in Div I and our local University of West Florida won a Div II national championship the year before last and was runner up last year, and is currently rated No. 8 among competing schools.

Even a cursory study of football success validates Storm’s contention. It is talent, star ratings, MONEY, and recruitment prowess that are the most important ingredients to college football success. Coaching prowess leading to success is something of a rarity.

Storm has fought a lot of battles on this board, and I detect reluctance on the party of many of you to accepting his opinions. Storm has lost some of his battles, but he has not lost this one. Storm is 100 percent correct on his main premise: recruiting is more important than coaching.

It’s not about refuting that opinion, it’s that he thinks he’s arguing with everybody when in reality he is arguing with nobody.

That’s what a straw man argument is… an argument against an inanimate object.

Both are important…It’s that simple.

:point_down:t2:

LETS SEE IF STORM UNDERSTANDS……

SO MANNY’S FIU LOSS NOT A BIG DEAL NOW?

MARIO’S (NOT A ROOKIE COACH WITH A MILLIONS OF DOLLAR STAFF) LOSS TO GARBAGE NOT A BIG DEAL AS IT WAS A WEEK OR TWO AGO BECAUSE OF THIS COMMITMENT?

STORM IS GOING TO LET YOU BOX YOURSELVES IN….

REMEMBER THERE IS A SERCH FEATURE PROCEED WITH CAUTION……

HOW DO YOU GO FROM LOSING TO TRASH TO WINNING BIG?

IF HE DOES THAT STORM CRUSHES STUGOTZS……

SOME OF THAT COMING ALREADY VERY VERY SOON….

Who said the losses are ok? Neither loss is ok. But I always give passes in year one…But when you have no track record to speak of, hire a bunch of no track record coaches, and lose what was it 5 times as a double digit favorite? It was definitely a red flag. But again I was patient, and even had a glimmer of hope with Diaz.

But he had time to redeem himself, and defense and recruiting was going backwards.

And you can’t box me in with anything…you’re not smart enough.

NOT OK FOR A 1ST YEAR COACH BUT OK FOR A SUPER STAFF?

SHOULD THE SUPER STAFF NOT ALLOW THAT AS THEY ARE MORE EXPERIENCED AND PAID?

WHEN YOU HIRE AN EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEE AT A HIGH SALARY IS IT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE ADVANCED?

Did you just read what I wrote?

I literally started typing in the very first fuckin line…“NEITHER…LOSS…IS…OK”

Are you retarded