UVA Game

Miami is about 17 point favorite. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they cover.

This is the sort of “easy game” Miami has to win if it want to win 8+ games. They should be
6-1 except for playing horribly against lowly GT and then making one of the worst coaching decisions in recent memory, not to take a knee on what should have been the game’s final play.

After the way the team sleepwalked and eventually blew the GT game, I won’t be shocked if they do the same thing against UVA.

If they win if a blowout, maybe things have finally changed. But, more likely, they struggle against a weak UVA team, make a minimum amount of effort and underachieve their way to a narrow victory. We’ll see.

Pundits have predicted a 91% probability of Miami defeating Virginia. That would make most fans confident of enjoying a victory, but we’re not most fans. In the past, we lost to FIU. We lost to Middle Tennessee State, and we lost to Virginia. Never underestimate the Canes penchant to disappoint. Hopefully, clock strategy does not determine the game. Mario gets an F dealing with the time clock.

Virginia looks like they’re going to run us out of the stadium.

Typical Miami as of the past few years against VA, they look like world beaters and Miami looks like it’s playing JV football…smh

This game feels like it’s not going to end well for Miami. This does not look like the same D that played last week vs. Clemson. They look sluggish and uninspired.

BTW… nice pass by TVD on that first drive. :roll_eyes:

Why doesn’t Miami throw slants? Do we ever throw to our TE? Why not put someone in motion every play when you have a one back offense? Van Dyke looks like crap so far this game.

Van Dyke is not good. Definitely not an NFL QB.

I posted this in a different thread earlier this week…

I don’t just wish Miami had involved the TEs more during the Clemson game… just in general. It seems like the TEs are underutilized.

More than halfway through the season (seven games) the TEs collectively have 7 catches. Riley Williams leads the TEs with 4 catches. Cam McCormick has 2 catches, and Jaleel Skinner has 1.

That’s absurd. Especially at Miami.

Short answer… We do not throw to our TEs.

Miami looks like the 2-5 team, and UVa looks like the 5-2 team.

1 Like

Give Van Dyke one more series. If he cannot lead a drive. Bench him. Emory got us past Clemson. Let him try to wake this team up.

1 Like

He stares down his primary target and his arm looks weak.

We rarely win first down and get behind in the count. We have no deception on our rushing plays. If you can’t block, you’ve got to fool them.

When you get 8 yards on first down, you can open up the play book. We’re really shitty on first down. In Pee Wee football, they’ve learned to throw slant passes. Miami rarely throws one. We have a half a dozen tight ends who’d probably love to catch a slant pass.

1 Like

So that addresses the offense… what about the defense?

We have half a dozen TEs that would love to catch ANY pass…

I guess Dawson is saving all the slants to the TE for FSU. :roll_eyes:

Our defense can keep us in the game although today they’re missing too many tackles. Our problem is offensive consistency. We stink when it comes to deception. Our QBs show no poise. How often do we achieve an eight yard gain on first down? We’re always playing from behind with respect to the chains. We shouldn’t have so many 3rd downs.

Hey! A TE caught a pass!!

Too bad he was on a safety valve on the flat… :roll_eyes:

Virginia uses deception. Got their 3rd down conversion.

Van Dyke blows

That throw to Restrepo on 2nd down was absurd.

The throw for the INT on 3rd down was worse.

I think the TVD experiment needs to end. He is NOT the answer :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: