The Irony!

No you don’t…you just dramatically overreact more than me…Dramatically overreact? Liberal, right?

(Bratty insta- 30 second response coming from “board moderator”)

This is the shelter isn’t it? We talk about a lot of stuff - mostly politics?

You think I dramatically over reacted to that fucking moron doing this?

This might sound foreign to you, but it’s ok to be offended by certain things.

Yes I do…That’s what you do…You’re a liberal right?

Insta-30 second bratty response coming from the “Board moderator”

Very lucky as the gun left a mark from the muzzle that likely would have taken my left lung. I didn’t see it until it was thrust into my chest. My friend came around which got him to back away and jump in his car. Blessed to call him a friend to this day as he is crazy enough to approach a man with a gun. I’m a different type of crazy: skydive, scuba, airplane pilot, mtn climbing…

Nothing like a good friend - especially one who may have saved your life.

Yeah. I’m risk averse. I’ll scuba dive but that’s about it! :laughing:

Agree. Let me clear that up: it would be semi-automatics that have the massive aftermarket of accessories to convert them to automatics. Some handguns fall into that classification but I don’t consider them pistols.

In the end, we want less lethal encounters between civilians. How we get there via policy isn’t easy.

Dad was a fighter pilot. Brother is a professional fisherman. When you grow up on the water with no sign of land, seeing Cuban’s fighting to survive, the drug smugglers in gun fights with DEA… all of my risks are very calculated. Skydiving at the home dropzone of the head of safety for USPA in twin engine planes, for example.

Big problem with this.

There’s no legal definition of a semiauto that limits it to long rifle semi autos. So in reality you’d have to ban either the lower receiver which would then have to effect of banning certain handguns and shotguns with that same lower receiver.

Or you’d have to ban an entire category of weapons by size… which would then have the effect of banning shotguns and single shot rifles.

There is just no good way to do this.

There is a law that criminalizes converting semi autos into fully autos. That’s sufficient. We don’t see it happening too often.

F-big bad ass. Did he ever talk about any dog fights he was in?

Yeah, not an easy path to solving this. I don’t have the answers as I’m not a gun nerd, just tech nerd.

Nope. Flew the F4…

The two days I remember my dad crying: the day he retired because they stopped flying the F4 and the day UM said no more chemo as he knew his days were numbered.

I’m sorry to read that brother.

The F-4 was badass. I’m guessing like most soldiers who see combat - they don’t talk about it.

My grandfather was in WWII. We asked him what he did. All he ever said was he drove trucks.

After we got his death certificate it indicated his enlistment in the military. It said INFANTRY.

I don’t blame them for not talking about it. Tough to go over and see god awful shit and be expected to come back and act “normal.”

1 Like