Sydney Powell’s Defense

@GardenStateCane believes this woman has a great reputation and is beyond reproach. This is her defense now that Dominion is suing her:

** Powell argues in her motion that “no reasonable person” would conclude that her accusations of Dominion’s election-rigging scheme “were truly statements of fact.”**

So after being so sure her accusations are correct, her defense now is that she’s full of shit and that every “reasonable” person already knows that.

You can’t make this stuff up.

1 Like

You can’t make this up.

This looks like a fairly standard legal argument against defamation, where as long as some facts are presented, the “conclusion” can be wholly opinion and not constitute defamation because any reasonable person should see that this was an opinion.

In other words, Sidney Powell is now saying her assertions of Dominion’s fraud are not FACT, but they are her OPINION, based on several facts available to her at the time, and that it should be obvious to any watcher/reader that her conclusions were opinion and not fact. Pages 21-23 of the legal brief cover this.

“Because the reader understands that such supported opinions represent the writer’s interpretation of the facts presented, and because the reader is free to draw his or her own conclusions based upon those facts, this type of statement is not actionable in defamation.”

GSC, you said you would recant when Sidney Powell recanted… Is this not her recanting? She still holds her opinion, but she has admitted it isn’t fact.

1 Like

To spell it out even more, her lawyers said of their position:

“… that reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process.”

Sidney’s lawyers just called GSC and Storm unreasonable. :joy:

1 Like

LOL.

Yes, I get the legal argument 305. Obviously for defamation it has to be false, and it has to harm another party to fit the definition.

I just find it hilarious that as dramatic as she was in those press conferences, now that she herself has some serious exposure now she’s saying she was full of shit.

Regardless of legal argument, she’s admitted she lied.

1 Like

In defamation lawsuits, one of the elements that must be proved is that of malice. I read her pleadings in the Motion for Dismissal, and depending on the judge, the lawsuit could be dismissed. It is an excellently drafted motion.

She does not admit “lying.”

She also is asking the judge to preclude the plaintiff from proceeding severally against her LLP.

Yeah - she essentially did.

What else can it be? She said one thing in front of the cameras, got sued, and now says “no reasonable person would believe it.”

She’s admitting to lying.

THAT DIDN’T LAST LONG SOON TO BE FORMER MODERATOR 51 NORTHAM…

TICKEY FCKEN TOCKEY…

THE OBAMA MAFIA TREASON TRIALS ARE COMING AND SO IS THE END OF YOU AS A MODERATOR…

The fake news never said her position changed.

Sidney Powell’s the one lying.

What Sydney Powell and her team of lawyers have said is that her statements were not fact, but her unproved opinion, and that no reasonable person should think otherwise.

Surprise, surprise, Storm thinks otherwise. :rofl:

305, I read Powell’s entire motion. "Lying is your conclusion, you have drawn about her behavior, based on commentary from leftist lawyers It is your opinion. No where in the motion does she admit to “lying.”

WHY DO YOU MAKE STUPID COMMENTS LIKE THIS THAT YOU KNOW THE FAKE NEWS IS LYING ABOUT AND GETS YOU DUNKED ON REGULARLY?

#STUGOTZPRETZEL

I don’t know why I should be surprised that people on her continue to defend this stooge.

1 Like

Ahhh the old “blame everything on leftists” excuse. Lmfao

Powell is literally taking the Donald Trump defense:

I was just joking.

zero integrity

Because they have zero integrity. Just like we’ve discussed beforehand…no character, no integrity, no morality. That’s the Trumpkin way

If you read the motion then you’ll have no choice but to agree with the section I quoted.

Sydney Powell was lying in her tweet when she said the media was lying about her position changing. The media never claimed that.

I quoted Sydney’s own lawyers and the motion above. There’s no middle ground here.

And Storm, WHY DO YOU MAKE STUPID COMMENTS LIKE THAT WHEN YOU KNOW THOSE TWEETS ARE LYING #STUGOTZPRETZEL

1 Like

Oooooook? What’s the issue?

This is a legal proceeding. She’s saying, very clearly…

I have credible information from sources that forms the basis of my conclusion.

That conclusion has not yet been tested in court.

What’s false?

…that no reasonable person would believe was true.

Good ol’ GSC with the “I still believe your claims even though you’ve admitted they’re not true” defense. :laughing:

1 Like

She just admitted her statements about Dominion weren’t facts, and that no reasonable person should believe they were.