Rock Bottom

I made a post a very long time ago (I’m gonna say around the LSU loss) that I thought the program was dead. I explained it at the time, and it turns out I was mostly right for my reasons and dead on regarding the ultimate call.

Around 15 years later, I think we might have hit rock bottom now. What I mean is I think the fan base is clued in, I think they and the media have clued in the admin. And I think whether the admin want to or not something is going to fundamentally change. I don’t see Miamis near to mid term future being worse than this, I think this is rock bottom.

I don’t think Miamis returning to 1980s glory again, the sport is different and Miami can’t compete in that way anymore. I do think our darkest day is here tho and although not a straight linear path up, I think this is as low as we can go.

Changes will be made in a bigger way than we’ve seen over the last decade or two. It’s statistically very likely they wont be as bad as they have been considering the change in mentality that is going to take place.

The LSU loss? In 2018? That’s a bit late and a dollar short.

The only way Miami every wins another natty is in D2, which is where we belong truthfully.

The best thing a true U fan can do is to give up on the program and take life back freeing themselves from the purgatory they have placed themselves in.

I didn’t miss a game for some 20 years. Since roughly 2017 I’ve seen probably less than 5 and haven’t watched a full game in like 2 years including the 10m or so I watched last night. Besides the team still making the same mistakes for the past 15 years last night, it was a great rivalry game that didn’t go our way. But it was fun and exciting at the end.

As far as admin changes go, I’d like you to be more specific and less vague before I call bull shit. But more than likely, I’ll call bull shit anyway. So please elaborate…

I think he’s talking the 2006 (?) bowl where we got demolished something like 42-3

1 Like

In a 3 game stretch we lost to Duke, FIU and LA Tech.

It doesn’t get lower than that.

I lost faith in this program long ago. The admin doesn’t give a shit about athletics - they’ve made than abundantly clear.

Just go ahead and sign Diaz to a lifetime contract. Frenk is entirely content with 6-6 every year and a loss in the House Pet Feed and Supply Bowl in Debuke Iowa.

1 Like

Lmfao, wasn’t it 2004? If so, I call BS again. Nobody knew we’d be in for 20 years of misery at that point.

WHAT JACKASSERY…

WE HAVE THE BEST QB TALENT WISE IN PROBABLY 21 YEARS…

ANOTHER SITTING BEHIND HIM AND MORE 5 STARS THEN IN PROBABLY THE SAME 21 YEARS…

WE HAVE BEATEN TWO RANKED TEAMS AND COULD HAVE BEATEN MSU…

THIS IS WHAT STORM WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH LOSSES…

WHEN UM WINS THERE IS SILENCE FROM THIS GROUP…

ANY LOSS REGARDLESS IF ON THE ROAD IN A RIVALRY GAME WE COME BACK WITH 14 MINUTES OF 21-0 FOOTBALL TO STORM BACK WHO CARES “ROCK BOTTOM”…

FCKEN HILARIOUS…

Recruiting is a critical part of getting better, and this year is starting to remind me of Shannon’s
last year when he left poor Golden with just a handful of recruits. Thankfully, Golden was not a half-bad recruiter, and actually did a sensational job putting together a small but decent “rescue”
class during his abbreviated first year. Storm is actually right about talent. Talent can disguise bad coaching. Good coaches have disciplined teams, don’t shoot themselves in the foot, or have players that routinely act the fool. When has a team with a mediocre recruiting class won the NC?

One of the reasons, I picked FSU early in the season to beat Miami is that though Miami may have better skilled athletes, FSU is bigger and tougher physically than Miami. I noticed in the Notre Dame game that FSU was actually the better team. FSU lost that game by committing team suicide, bad coaching decisions, and a team lack of poise and discipline.

Miami should have won yesterday, but yesterday, we committed team suicide more intensely than did FSU. We turned the ball over, played a miserable first half, and were penalized twice the number of yards as FSU, and lacked both poise and discipline…

What a difference it is watching a Cincinnati game versus a Hurricane game. Here you have a team that exhibits poise and has achieved success that reminds me of our teams of the Glory Years. I’ve become a Bearcat fan; I hope they make the Final Four. BTW, what in the world is a Bearcat? For certain, coaching has something to do with the Bearcat success.

Miami should never give up football, because we’ve seen what football can do for a university. Why shouldn’t a great university not have great athletic teams. It’s time to fire both James and Diaz and start a major revamping including a recruiting program run by a squad of geeks.

1 Like

CINCINNATI FUMBLED ON THEIR GOAL LINE RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK WITH AN 8 POINT LEAD AGAINST A SUCK ASS TEAM AND HUNG ON…

BIKKI GO LOOK AT EVERY SINGLE WINNING HURRICANES TEAM THEY HAVE 8-9 PENALTIES A GAME…

GO LOOK AT ALABAMA, CLEMSON, ETC THEY ALL HAVE PENALTIES…

YOUR BEST PLAYERS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE SMARTEST…

Dear sweet lord baby Jesus……please let me wake up tomorrow to find out Manny and James have both been fired……for this team sucks something awful Lord and we see no end in sight….

This is undeniablely true. It’s the only bright spot of a very dark season.

Miami is definitely dead as there is no way out with an administration that doesn’t want to invest in football.

However I do disagree with OP on this being rock bottom. With this admin things can get much worse….think multiple losing seasons in a row. I think that’s coming next

I can’t argue with you here. This is a very real possibility.

Rock bottom was 1995-1997. You can go back to the 70s to see a program that was almost closed down.

Miami is playing with 15-20 less kids than most schools this year.

No matter who is coach, the new transfer rules and portal ICs could cause massive changes to the game we know. Miami can take 5 portal kids and 25 HS kids. Thus, we shouldn’t be under 85 moving forward.

Can the coaches identify and land the right kids? Not feeling to sure they can. OL and DL for 2022 are beyond concerning.

Will Miami get back to the top, not anytime soon.

MIAMI IS A TOP TEN TEAM NEXT SEASON IF MANNY DIAZ IS BACK…

ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT…

Blockquote
MIAMI IS A TOP TEN TEAM NEXT SEASON IF MANNY DIAZ IS BACK…
ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT…

Same guy who still thinks Trump is president.

1 Like

I DON’T SEE YOU MAKING TO MANY ARGUMENTS IN THOSE POST…

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW THEY LIED TO YOU ABOUT TRUMP FOR 6 YEARS?

WHY DON’T YOU COMMENT?

What? I have commented. Regularly.

Anywhoo, too 10 next year? Doubt it. 6 turnovers in the last two games - all in the first half? Not a recipe for success.

LINCOLN RILEY GOT 3 TRANSFERS IN A ROW THAT ARE NFL STARTERS…

HE PICKED A 5 STAR AND HE WAS A HEISMAN CANDIDATE COMING IN AND NOTHING…

HE HAS ANOTHER 5 STAR SITTING AND THE TRAM SUDDENLY AVERAGES 20+ POINTS A GAME MORE…

THE KID PLAYED LIKE SHIT YESTERDAY AND GOT BENCHED SO IS TVD’S BAD FIRST HALF THAT BAD?

HE ENDED WITH 4 TDS AND NO PICKS AFTER THROWING TWO WHICH WAS REALLY ONE…

HE WAS 10 TDS TO 2 INT BEFORE THAT…

HE DOESN’T TURN THE BALL OVER WE WIN…

HE HITS ONE OF THE TWO BOMBS HE MISSED WE WIN…

REAL QB MAKE OR BREAK YOUR TEAM…

This has to be the nail in the coffin I would think.

1 Like