Rock Bottom

In year 3…We should be a ranked team. We were a ranked team to start the season.

He’s lost…Has no idea what he’s doing. 14 mins of 21-0 football??? Against a piece of shit team? 1st quarter doesn’t count? 80 yards to a kid/team who can’t throw? 4th and 14? Let 12 secs click of clock THEN call timeout.

Recruiting looks a mess, and the portal is now more competitive…Time to move on.

1 Like

Manny is not close to Lincoln so I’m not seeing why you even bring this up.

Manny isn’t the guy picking the Qb. He is the guy picking the LBers. Tell us how those LBers are doing?

Football is about momentum. Miami is trending down. No OL/DL commits, 5-5 compared to 8-3 last year, lost to FSU for the first time in years. Miami needs to win out. No way VT or Duke have more talent.

LINCOLN PICKED RATTLER…

WHY IS HIS OFFENSE 20 POINTS WORSE WITH RATTLER IN YEAR 2?

MANNY PICKS THE FCKEN DEFENSE AS A WHOLE ASS CLOWN COMMENTS…

WILLIAMS, WILLIAMS, STEVENSON, TAYLOR, KITCHENS, ETC I WOULD SAY HE IS PICKING WELL…

STOP WITH THE PERFECT TEAM WITH GEEAT PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION NONSENSE UNLESS YOU CAN ACTUALLY NAME SOME TEAMS THAT HAVE THAT ROSTER…

WHEN WAS SIGNING DAY 2022?

I MUST HAVE MISSED IT…

STOP ASSUMING YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS COMING AND LET IT PLAY OUT…

I’D ARGUE THE LAST TWO CLASSES HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT…

No…The last 2 classes have been good.

Not excellent

How do you have 2 “excellent” classes in a row and have so many average to below average players on the field? This is 2021. You shouldn’t be recruiting kids to help 4 years from now. Shouldn’t one of these “excellent” classes have better than Jennings and now Flagg on the field 50-70 plays a game?

Don’t die on this cross…There is such a thing as a weak, flat out bad head coach. Unfortunately it looks like UM has one.

1 Like

I actually don’t think we are in that bad of position, but neither is anyone else.

There are two things that really, really matter in CFB. Your QB and your HC. If you can get a HC that is of average intelligence, you are probably in the top 90% of HC’s in college football, maybe higher. The bar is not very high.

We have lacked a HC that is willing to adapt. Golden had his dumb defense. Manny has his dumb defense. Richt had his inept offense/son. Shannon had no care for merit.

You know how easy it is to not do those things? It’s not hard. We have failed to find a HC to do that. It’s a problem everyone in CFB though because these coaches are so awful. You find one that can do very basic things and you are in great shape.

Again Storm is bat shit crazy! Two shitty ranked teams. You are looking for bright spots and those bright spots are Pitt and NC State?! Fuk N A, you are lost. It is simply coaching, top to bottom. I keep hearing that we’ll never get back to the domination of the 80’s?! So what, you don’t need to… good coaching staffs will have you in the top 10-15 year in year out and a chance to grab that title. THIS staff is not getting it done.

There is a huge difference having the 80’s conversation vs. having a staff that puts you in the right position to win consistantly, AND take out teams better than what you have on your roster. A staff that coaches kids up, develops, recruits and actually has a gameplan with adjustments.

And is 9-1 this year along with having many years of proof that he can win!

I would gladly take Lincoln and TVD. The fact OU is 9-1 shows that Rattler is either not as bad as you state OR qb isn’t as important with coaching having a bigger impact.

Consider this. The only game we won comfortably was against Central Connecticut State. Every other game was lost close or won close (minus Bama and MSU).

And those weren’t against good teams.

How anyone can say we’re close to being good is wrong. We suck. Our admin sucks. Our coaches suck. And all the talent we may or may not have on this team doesn’t matter.

This staff will find a way to squander it.

SO WHY IS OU SCORING 20 POINTS MORE A GAME IF IT IS COACHING?

PRETTY MUCH EVERY TEAM OU HAS PLAYED SUCKS AND THEY HAVE STRUGGLED TO WIN…

THE BEST TEAM THEY HAVE PLAYED IS SORRY ASS TEXAS AND THEY PRETTY MUCH GOT HAMMERED BY BAYLOR…

SO YEAH THAT IS HOW STORM CAN SAY THAT…

UM LOST TO TWO TOP TEN TEAMS AND BEAT TWO RANKED TEAMS THAT ARE STILL RANKED…

OU BEAT TEXAS WHO WILL NOT BE RANKED…

NO COMPARISON…

In regards to this Saturday’s game vs FSU… to paraphrase…

Miami “lost that game by committing team suicide, bad coaching decisions, and a team lack of poise and discipline.”

Did you even check the scores? Miami has played two good teams and OU will play at least two good teams. Let’s not act like the acc is better than the big12. Thus, ou beats the teams they should and Miami plays to the level of the opponent.

Word is totally clean slate. James gone, Diaz gone.

Lo coming in.

As long as he’s given access to the budget; that’s a huge change. I won’t completely trust this school until given a reason to but boy if that isn’t the best sign we’ve seen in direction in 15 years I don’t know what is.

Say what you want, Lo is 500% more capable of breaking down a head coach candidate and assistant coach candidates and helping build a recruiting machine than we’ve had here in modern football.

I’m either naive or out of it this morning. Lo???

Lorenzo Highsmith

Oh, OK. Didn’t register at first. Hope it’s true and we might actually see, you know, actual change in the program/department.

Did you mean Alonzo?

3 Likes

Manny still not fired. We are 5-5