Ranking The Commits '24

This is going to be fun this year because I think we are working on a monster class as long as we show respectability on the field. Kickers not rated

1. DT Scott
  2. S Patterson
  3. DL Blount
  4. WR/ATH Trader
  5. DE Lightfoot
  6. OT Bell (Juco)
  7. WR Carr
  8. DT Jones
  9. LB Hayes
  10. TE Lofton
  11. Edge/LB Pickett
  12. DE McConathy
  13. OLB Pruitt
  14. RB Lyle
  15. WR Robinson
  16. RB CWH
  17. CB Mack
  18. DB Day
  19. DE Rudolph
  20. CB Frederique
  21. C Francovilla
  22. S Thomas
  23. OL Minaya

———

1. QB Anderson
  2. OL Plazz
  3. DL Russell

What do you consider under the line - not UM quality / reach / developmental?

As of now, no one…Russell is pushing it, but there are rumors he grew.

Pretty sure he is asking what the line means between 14&15.

Also missing the new center Nino.

This class will be ok if we land 2 more elite DL and OL then hold on to everyone. At least Mario has a much wider list of plan B kids when the 5* kids don’t pick us.

No…If there was a 3rd group under the it would mean that’s a bad take to me…The 2nd group just means imo a project/iffy (But not bad) offer/take

Since I started this about 5 yrs ago there has only been 2-3 bad takes (Keyshawn Washington was one, one of the OL were another. Daylan Russell is close for me this year). In retrospect, maybe should have been more!

Also if I had a top 3 no brainer group this year it would be the Trader/Jones/Lighfoot thus far.

I agree with all of this. Plug away at the DL til the bitter end.

I think Jones is too raw to put him in the no-brainer group. Likely the most athletic human in the class but has only played for 1-2 years.

Still need Nino who I put in the bottom group.

I’m willing to wait to see Senior year film before I decide on the lower-rated kids.

Ya that athleticism makes him a no brain take….If you are asking me who I rather have him/Justin Scott, yes I’m taking Scott and ranking him higher, but Jones is every bit the no brainer take for me. I agree he’s not polished yet. Riley is a nice talent too, not far from top group and wouldn’t argue with it. Nice looking back.

Nino is already in there…I like him alot but am admittedly no OL expert. I think he’s a hidden gem.

I don’t seeing (Francavilla) but I don’t know if I’m looking in the right spot.

He’s #13 above 90s

Ah, sneaking him in as a C vs OL. HA

Bumping after UM legacy DE Booker Pickett, Jr. commits

I love the Jones kid. He’ll probably come in as being already the strongest kid on the team. He’s benching over 400 lbs in high school; just think what he’ll do with a year of collegiate training. He’s extremely athletic, has basketball skills and good hands. I too would put Patterson atop the list, but I’d move Jones up to 2nd place.

I like Jones a lot…Gonna be tough to keep him away from Tally. There’s also I guess the issue that Jones should be dominating more than he his senior season against average competition. Take that fwiw.

Bump!

Skeeter, the JUCO T Bell is that good? He’s that high up in this class? I didn’t even know what to make of the take at the time? LOL!

JMO…looks like a mountain to me with pretty good feet.

As of 12/7/23…The following players are rumored to possibly be cut loose. I would expect at least 1-2…but can’t speak to the validity.

OL Broussard
LB Shavers
S I.Thomas
DE E. Rudolp

Update on this

• Broussard has a visit to Ole Miss…I think it’s 50/50 at best to be in this in this class
  • All’s quiet…and not in a good way for Shavers. Sounds like disappointing senior year and they were probably hoping for a little growth spurt. At this moment I think he’s a force out
  • I.Thomas…I think he stays in. No idea. Had a 2nd knee injury this year
  • E.Rudolph…I’d say 50/50 at best. Supposedly grades, and may go juco. Will still be offered an NIL package that he can work towards if back at UM next year (at least a somewhat reputable poster said this on another site)

And

-Kevin Riley…Now visiting Bama after calling it off… UM holding on for dear life here, and he would obviously the disappointment of this group. I’d say 60/40 UM but again that is a total GUESS on my part.

Shavers is another that I would expect to flip especially if Hayes commits.

Miami is after-
Smith
Bailey
Lyle
Columbus TE
Blount
Hayes
Mincey -CB
Lucas - CB

Rudolph- he has academic issues and a path to qualify but could decide to flip for an easier path
Shavers- senior year wasn’t a big improvement
Thomas - injury
Brossard- another academic issue
Riley- I would expect to flip but Miami is fighting to keep

Portal- Howard I believe is the QB
Indiana OL is likely coming to replace Lee.

If we don’t land Smith, we need to pull Young back or land a big WR.