Numbers: Portal/Remaining Class

Here’s what I can see us bringing in this offseason…Alot of this depends on who comes back. I do not think TVD is back one way or the other, I also don’t believe Parrish is back. So I’m operating under those assumptions.

Here are the NFL candidates with remaining eligibility, alot will depend on their decision as far as portal numbers (and NIL money offers ) go

L.Taylor
JHH
Kinchens
Rivers
J.Will

So I think besides what we have committed right now at the moment we bring in. The parentheses are maybe

Definites:
-HS CB (Lucas, long shot E- Rob)
-Portal Safety/DB
-Portal/Juco DT
-Portal QB

Maybes: (3 minimum)
?HS RB (Lyle)
?HS OL (Ahfua)
?Portal OL (Center only, but I believe if Rivers returns he moves there)
?Portal TE
?Portal or HS DE (McConathy or a surprise)
?additional HS or portal DB??
?additional Portal or HS DT

Possible de-commits: (pure conjecture/specualtion on my part…I think we will be ok with all these kids, I’m just saying, these are kids I can see big time programs coming after)
WR C-Rob
DT Jones
RB Riley (sounds solid, just think Auburn/SEC is going to come at him hard til the end)
LB Pruitt (no rumors thank god, but again…What if Saban turns up heat, they are recruiting him)

We will lose or push out another 7-9 kids in addition to the NFL possibility just to make this all fit (Moss, C-Will, Dennis, Citizen, possibly J.Brown, etc…etc…probably a list of about dozen+ possibilities here) Anything else after that will be on a 1-1, give and take basis if we go to the portal

So basically between portal and possibly another couple high school commits…I’d say we are looking for 7-11 additional new players besides the current commits. Then go from there if we lose some surprise kids (i.e. does a George or C.Young jump to a more wide open offense, I hope not)

1 Like

Hopefully Kinchens stays, but he’s had a few injury scares that might convince him to take the money when he can.

Portal out so far…

Jahfari Harvey
Corey Flagg
Don Chaney
Add Tyler Van Dyke

More to come.

I expect 12 to 18 portal losses (I think 2 to 3 will be guys we really want to keep, and another 2-3 will be Chaney typ0es that would have liked to see stay, had a role, but can be replaced, the rest dead weight imo)

and 6-10 portal additions

Any other portal additions will be if we suddenly lose more important players and be player for player trade imo.

NIL and the Portal are just horrible for college football. Now that this is off of my chest…

Hate to see Chaney leave.
Harvey has been here 5 years and NOW decides to leave?
TVD is a loss, for now. But, can be fixed with a good portal QB or Emory (who I like).

Yeah, it will be interesting to see who leaves.

I concur…Hate it.

Hate to see Chaney leave.

I’m a Chaney fan…But Hate is a strong word imo lol…He’s a #2 or #3 back. Basically an inside runner who gets nicked up…Rough combo. Still has burst, but cutting ability/top end speed both took a hit with injuries. Was a beast as a frosh.

TVD is a loss, for now. But, can be fixed with a good portal QB or Emory (who I like).

It sure as hell better not be E.Will in 24!

Harvey has been here 5 years and NOW decides to leave?

I would bet alot he definitely was not convinced to stay AT MINIMUM…Maybe told hey, you are going to be #3 DE at best and more like #4…Or maybe he was even flat out told, hey thanks, but we need you to move on to create space

Denis and Burroughs are in the portal, too.

Expecting more more more

I would expect 12-18 when all said is done. Much more than that I think is too many and there is definitely something wrong.

NVM moved

Chantz Williams → portal

Originally thought he might be something. Then went into a witness protection program.

Burroughs is back on the team. Likely realizing he can only play for Miami or FCs in 2024.

Is it official? Or just a possibility. Huge if official

Last year’s transfers for some perspective …

1 Like

i’m not bothered with the portal losses, but this is assuming that overall we upgrade the talent/production with portal additions. we need an elite and experienced QB badly…can’t stress that enough.

1 Like

Agree on all of that. And I would think the staff does as well

My best guess up to the moment (and again the staff knows more what kids exactly are leaving or whether Burroughs is indeed on the team, etc…)

Definites:
1 QB
2 S (maybe one is a nickel/safety combo)
1 DT
1 IOL/C (this gets downgraded to no if staff knows Lee is coming back or Rivers plays center)

Other possibilities (I think we will cherrypick kids we really like at this positions and probably be outbid…unless we lose unexpected good players to the portal, then you up the bids)

WR
TE- strong possibility imo
LB
CB
DE
DT- up to 2 more depending on JHH and Burroughs status

Would be shocked if we took a RB or OT from the portal

1 Like

Skinner hit the portal today.

1 Like

Colbie Young stings.

I hope we at least made a play to keep him.

Really? Why? I truly hope the NCAA puts some restrictions in place that help to stop the mass exodus of players jumping from one school to another, especially year after year.
I guess until we have a legit QB under center we can’t blame a WR for leaving.