NC State Game

Miami is a slight favorite, about a touchdown. Away game

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/miami-fl-nc-state-odds-november-4-2023-1936214

Would not be at all surprised if they lose but I say that almost every game.

Hopefully, they don’t suck today. They need to win games like this.

As others have said multiple times it would be great to get tight ends involved in the passing game. At this point in the season it might be a new wrinkle to cause unexpected matchup problems before a defense can adjust.

With many running backs healthy some fear that they are not getting enough touches to develop a rhythm. There’s a lot to be said for rotating for freshness. But many running backs over the years have said more touches get them into the flow of the game and a natural rhythm. Barry Sanders would probably agree, hah.

TE involved…short of the sticks and dropped

TVD… what happened? Good grief that was a crappy throw on what should have been a TD

1 Like

TVD just isn’t a good QB. I don’t know what else to say. He is very average in every way.

He used to be the guy that got the nicknameTyler Van Dimes… how did he sink so low?

He’s playing like his brain is working half speed. Might as well be a HS qb in there.

1 Like

He seems to be out of sync… even with Restrepo who uses to be his “go to” guy.

That was a terrible holding call

If TVD comes out as the QB in the second half then we have to have the worst QB room in D1 football

Welp, with the way our tight ends catch I guess there’s no choice but to freeze them out. Help me, hasn’t Riley Williams dropped a few recently? McCormick? Blocker, full stop.

Agree that TVD is regressing to the point where a change sort of has to happen. Just watch his helmet during a passing play… it is frozen, never moves directions. Minimal if any progressions. Either underthrows or overthrows.

Is there a point I am missing in running Parrish up the middle?

If I am Miami’s defense I get a backup DL to break TVD’s leg at halftime. Give Miami half a chance in the game.

TBD is playing like a guy who’s seeing ghosts out there. He can’t hit open receivers, he stares guys down, and he has no mobility to begin with. He’s just lost, and I don’t really see how Miami wins with him in as QB.

He is hurting our future shot for any good receivers or TE who may think about coming here. He is not good but is probably going be the qb next year.

1 Like

Miami should just run the ball the rest of the night… :roll_eyes:

kinda kidding… but like Bikki always says, I can’t believe Miami doesn’t run slants or screens

Does anyone recall the last time Miami blocked a punt or extra point? Back in the mists of time special teams was a decided advantage for Miami.

STs have not been great tonight. Poor punts, and even Borregales missed a usually very makeable FG.

It’s a good thing NC States QB (and their offense in general) stinks too.

TVD is just a liability out there. It’s like he’s not even allowed to pass. 2nd and 18 and we run up the middle for 4. We can’t play with our hands tied like this.

1 Like

NC State is blitzing like crazy and loading the box. They know TVD can’t beat them.

Kick the FG