Louisville Game Thread

Agreed. This is not a championship level defense by no stretch.

It doesn’t have to be championship, just decent… it’s soooooooo far from decent, it’s scary.

Their defense is not good but every other team has a weakness. Georgia has an average offense. Their secondary is also not good this year. Ohio State is run by Ryan day…Oregon is the one team I think matches up well against Miami. Penn State can’t go score for score with um. Miami defense is not great or even good but they get needed stops when they need to.

Idk man it’s been a long time since we’ve had a season this fun. And this has been fun AF. We get Cam and Co for one year and it’s been a show.

Lovin it.

Was surprised to see 44 playing so many snaps. If we are healthy on the line then am I wrong to think he’s turning some coaches heads already?

Damn Straight ! A hammer when needed. It immediately took out the crowd. However the Miami D should be made to fly home on Spirit Airlines. I’m sorry but as good a play-caller as Brohm might be …it was Miami’s D that kept Louisville in the game.

:joy:

FSU will come out with their hair on fire. They will want to make up for losing to Duke for the first time ever. I’m actually impressed with the job Diaz has done with them.

I’ll take the win. We know what we have with this team. The D isn’t good at all but we are still winning. We know this isn’t a championship quality team right now.

I do wonder how Miami has such slow and out of position secondary players. We never catch any of these players in the open field. Even with angles!!!

Where is the speed? It tells you something when we’ve given up so many 30+ yard plays. Miami looks slow in the secondary.

Some observations

-Cam Ward is the best Qb in college football.
-Restrepo is a dawg. A Belichick slot receiver special type
-Our receiver group in general may be the best in college football
-we have 2 very good, very different backs. For those that say Martinez is a step behind Fletcher, he looked even tonight.
Our O Line gives Cam a ton of time. But he still scares me how he moves and draws hits/pressure.

-our defense is a big risk/reward philosophy.
-our -d line does too much “catching” and not enough setting the tone.
-we have tackling issues.
-we have pursuit issues.
-we seem a step slow.
-if we lose this season it will be because of the defensive line or secondary.

-How the fuck do we allow a fake punt on 4th and 7? My lord.

This is the worst FSU team in over 30 years. This is Miami’s best football team in 20+ years. Mario does not forget the ass whooping FSU put on Miami last time down there. Miami is not losing to FSU. I expect Miami to put up over 40 if not 50 on FSU.

Outscoring Miami is a problem for any team. However, FSU is a rivalry game, and at this point FSU has nothing to lose. When they had QB Glenn in the lineup, the offense perked up a bit.

Miami’s defense needs to tweaked. The Canes had a tough time with Louisville, because the QB got rid of the ball exceedingly fast, and they had good RBs. Brohm, a good coach, had them stoked for the game. I thought our defense needed to send in blitzers to put greater pressure on the QB and not depend so much on the four-man rush… I thought the refs were remiss not calling more holding calls on Louisville in the game. Louisville got away with a heap of holding. We missed a lot of tackles that might have stopped some of their chunk plays, but unfortunately we’ve been vulnerable to these plays all season.

Miami should beat the Seminoles, but mistakes and penalties can be big in rivalry games. No one yet has had an answer for Cam Ward who never wilts under pressure.He’s a first magnitude talent. I don’t think the Seminoles can score five tds requisite to. beating the Canes, but I predict the game to be closer than we’d like.

1 Like

I think I was perhaps hasty in my judgment of Martinez. That smash mouth TD run was a thing of yester year beauty. He flat out refused to be denied. He was like a tank crashing through the line.

Speaking of a guy refusing to be denied, I single out Restrepo who wasn’t predicted to be a star, but has turned out to be a real football player.

This is the best Hurricane team in two decades. It will take a helluva an opponent to outscore this bunch. Credit Mario for bringing in a quarterback to aleve the two decade old pain.

1 Like

Miami to get screwed again and stay at 6 guaranteed.

And I don’t want to hear it…. On the road in Louisville is not an easy win.

But those teams are playing real power 5 ranked quality. we’ve played Florida

You think a 2-loss Alabama stays above us? Not in my opinion. Our ranking movements have been predictable and fair so far, even if we are over-ranked.

1 Like

Really? Anyone really have a problem with Miami not being higher than 6? Who should they be ahead of? Oregon, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, Penn State?

Best teams beaten are Louisville and Florida. Schedule’s been light. I can’t rag on the fact that Notre Dame plays nobodies, people forgive bad losses - meaning they forget about Northern Illinois as soon as they handle Purdue, Miami OH, GT and soon FSU, Army, Navy, UVA and Southern “no defense” Cal. And then at the same time I am supposed to think we’re top five when beating Florida, USF, Ball State, Cal, VT, UL and FAMU? If Ward isn’t here, who thinks we’re any better than 4-3? Please!

2 Likes

We’ll be 7 after Tennessee jumps us.

I would put them on a short, Special Ed bus.

Miami should be ranked number 2. Louisville would beat alabama and Tennessee.

I haven’t looked at a poll in years. Pointless, especially this early.