Last three games: 143 points, 1,828 yards allowed

So where’s the main problem or is it a combination of factors?

-Player talent, is it good enough?
-Bad coaching, why do we never seem to make changes in-game?
-Strength and conditioning, is it where it should be?
-Entitlement - do our guys really have the desire to put in the work or do they just quit when it gets tough?
-Pride - someone mentioned this in the game thread yesterday. Seems to be an issue as this team never stops the bleeding when the opponent gets going. Where’s the pride?

And it’s sad too when you look at this weekend. A lot of teams balled out since Thursday. I thought Minnesota played well vs Ohio State and thought they’d get killed but they hung around. Montana flat out WON at Washington yesterday. Fresno State looked good at Oregon. And to me, Northern Iowa did the best. Went to Ames, IA and hung for the whole game with the new darling of college football, Iowa State. The Cyclones just couldn’t pull away, winning 16-10. All those teams played well. And most I think people would say probably don’t have Miami talent throughout the roster. I do think we have to get MUCH better up front on both lines if we want to have better showings vs Clemson, Alabama and the like. But there also seems to be something wrong in the culture as other teams represented and we just flat out did not.

It’s been 18 years like this and we’re so used to it that none of us were fooled when thinking about this game yesterday. That’s a big reason this board’s so dead most of the time. Yes, we have been neutered.

I think it’s a little of all of the above. The culture has been a problem for years at Miami.

Poor tackling is a common theme. Our talent is good enough not to get slaughtered in every one of these games.

But I wouldn’t totally compare yesterday’s game result to the UNC game as the talent is just so vastly different in the two teams.

-Talent isn’t good enough for Bama. I do think coaching was to blame for OkState.

-I saw some changes that helped. The best changes were changes in players: Ivey out, couch in. Scaife out, Justice in. Cam out, Chaney in. Hall out in James Williams in.

-S&C is a combination of time in the system and talent. I didn’t think we were beat because of strength as much as talent(230/6’3 with speed vs our 215/6’ with speed).

-Entitlement- we will know soon enough.

-pride- I actually thought they played better in the second half even with starters in. The offense not scoring on the 1yard line followed by Ivey giving up another TD was the final nail. The offense played way below expectations IMO. The defense improved in the second half once Ivey was replaced. Even Blades played better than Ivey.

The acc sucked it up this weekend! Duke lost to UNC Charlotte. Miami to Bama. Clemson to UGA. I expect FSU to get beat by ND. GT to N Illinois. Expect Ole Piss to beat UL.

We will not see anyone 50% as good as Bama on our regular season schedule. Clemson is good but not Bama good. I’m not willing to call for heads just yet. Just seeing how big a difference 3 players made makes me want to see what happens with Brooks and Cave at MLB especially against lesser opponents.

One thing people need to understand, Bama has 3 former NFL head coaches on staff. Miami has one NFL position coach on staff. There is a big talent difference on the field and on the staff. Even if Miami fired Manny, they wouldn’t go hire an NFL level HC with NFL level OC/DCs under him.

One last point, Bama beat OSU by 28. Bama beat ND 17. The only team that can beat Bama is Bama.

1 Like

I tuned in for 5m yesterday afternoon to hear the announcer say something to the effect of

“If Miami ever wants to be back, the first thing they need to do is learn how to tackle.”

We’ve had tackling issues for 15 years now and we are playing tackle football. I won’t beat my chest too much, but still have only seen about 3 or 4 full games over the past 4 years and I have to tell you, it is the best decision I’ve ever made. Find something else to do on Saturdays fellas! Life’s too short.

1 Like

THE LAST TWO CLASSES ARE THE BEST TWO CLASSES ON THE ROSTER…

DOES EVERYONE REMEMBER CLEMSONING?

THEN THAT TEAM MADE EVERY PLAYOFF AFTER YEARS OF “CLEMSONING”…

THEY HAD TWO FIRST ROUND QBS…

BAMA HAS HAD 3 FIRST ROUND YEAR 1 NFL STARTERS…

WE HAVE HAD ABSOLUTELY NONE SINCE DORSEY…

BAMA HAS THREE NFL COACHES TWO THAT WERE JUST FIRED AND A THIRD THAT LEFT BEFORE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED FOR PICKING THE WRONG QB…

BILL O’BRIEN IS A “GENIUS” JUST LIKE ALL BAMA OC’S I WONDER WHY?

THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI DIDN’T WIN BECAUSE OF “COACHING” AS A MATTER OF FACT WE PROBABLY LOST BECAUSE OF THOSE “GREAT COACHES” BUT THEY HAD TALENT TO OVERCOME IT…

THAT IS SPORTS…

WE HAVE SMALL PLAYERS BECAUSE WE RECRUITED SMALL PLAYERS NOT BECAUSE OF THE STRENGTH COACH…

BAMA’S STRENGTH COACH HAS THE BEST TALENT PERIOD…

GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASS IT HAS BEEN 3 COACHES AND SAME RESULTS…

WE HAVE A RECRUITING STAFF LET THEM RECRUIT…

1 Like

Until the program pays for a top coach, it will continue.

Bring Saban, or Dabo, or any other top echelon coach in and the problem will be solved.

Manny Diaz is the Wish version of a college head coach.

2 Likes

DO THE CHEIFS BECOME THE CHIEFS WITHOUT MAHOMES?

WASN’T CLEMSON CLEMSONING BEFORE WATSON?

YOU NEED RECRUITERS AND PLAYERS THAT IS THE FORMULA…

DID YOU HEAR HOW SABAN GOT FIRED THE FIRED JAGUARS COACH?

HE ASKED O’BRIEN…

AWESOME COACHING SEARCH THERE…

THEY HAVE ROTATED COACHES SINCE SABAN GOT THERE AND THE RESULTS ARE THE SAME…

ONLY ONE REASON 4 AND 5 STAR AFTER 4 AND 5 STAR…

CAN’T REALLY ARGUE ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS POINT…

the main problem is always coaching. coaches are responsible for the talent (recruiting), the player development (S&C), and the product on the field (Xs and Os). they make the hires.

coaching is the issue at miami as has always been the case.

we have not had an above average coach since Butch Davis which is mindboggling to think about.

1 Like

WHAT DID BUTCH DAVIS DO AFTER MIAMI?

HOWARD?

DENNIS?

JIMMY BUILT ONE TEAM THANKS TO WALKER AND NOTHING AFTER THAT…

YOU GUYS HAD LONG LIST OF HERMAN’S AND FROST AND THEY HAVE BOMBED…

LEARN FROM YOUR PRIOR MISTAKES…

Dabo happened to upgrade the DC in 2012.
Points Scored vs Given up
2009: 436 vs 286 (9-5) 31.1 ppg vs 20.4 ppg Parker
2010: 312 vs 244 points (6-7) 24ppg vs 18.8ppg Parker
2011: 470 vs 410 (10-4) 33.4ppg vs 29.3ppg Boyd
2012: 533 vs 323 (11-2) 41ppg vs 24.8 ppg Boyd - year one Brent
2013: 522 vs 288 (11-2) 40ppg vs 22.1 ppg Boyd
2014: 401 vs 217 (10-3) 30.1ppg vs 16.7ppg Watson (8 games)
2015: 577 vs 325 (14-1) 38.5ppg vs 21.6ppg Watson
2016: 588 vs 270 (14-1) 39.2ppg vs 18ppg Watson
2017: 466 vs 190 (12-2) 33.3ppg vs 13.6ppg Kelly Bryant
2018: 664 vs 197 (15-0) 44ppg vs 13ppg TL
2019: 659 vs 203 (14-1) 43.9ppg vs 13.5ppg TL
2020: 522 vs 242 (10-2) 43.5ppg vs 20ppg TL

Clemson’s run has been as much on D as it has been with two good QBs. Boyd put up more points than Watson but clemsoning was more of a fact that Clemson would give up massive points on D.

Do you know how many NFL head coaches were on Jimmy’s Miami staffs?

Butch, Campo, Dave W, Pagano. Then you have 2 NFL coordinators in Stevens and Meeks. Mix in two college head coaches in Ed O and Tumberville.

You telling me that Miami’s staff == Bama’s?

I’m a fan of Manny’s because he can fucking recruit and brings in good recruiters. That said, you still have to get those kids in the right position. Bama doesn’t have recruiters at OC/DC! They have coaches and the recruiting is done by others. Then you add in the 100 other staff members while Miami has 15.

DOES SCORING 40 POINTS A GAME HELP YOUR DEFENSE?

YOU WATCH FL WITH HARVIN?

DOES NOT TURNING OVER THE BALL HELP YOUR DEFENSE?

HOW MANY TIMES ARE THOSE QBS PUTTING THEIR TEAMS IN SUDDEN CHANGE SITUATIONS?

GO ASK BELICHICK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR QB NEVER THROWS INTS?

HE WINS THE SUPER BOWL WITHOUT YOU…

WHAT DID ALL THOSE GUY DO?

PLEASE SHOW US BESIDES GETTING HIRED…

I’M TELLING YOU THEY ARE PLUGGING IN ANY FIRED PERSON AND THEY ALL SUCCEED…

ALL OF THEM…

So manny==Saban?

What did all the players at Miami do? All of them end up in the NFL? How about Bama players under Saban?

We know talent wins but coaching impacts the performances. If manny plays soft zone with kids that are better at man coverage, does that mean the players suck?

Does creating turnovers and stopping an opponent help an offense?

DIDN’T ALABAMA JUST BEAT OUR FIRST ROUND RECORD?

SERIOUSLY IS THIS YOUR ARGUMENT?

WHY IS THE SAME 3 TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR?

ONE OF THEM EVEN CHANGED COACHES…

YOU REALLY BELIEVE MANNY AND THE STAFF THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN?

THEIR STRATEGY WAS BAMA HAS A NEW QB HOPE YOU CAN KEEP THE SCORE LOW THAT IS WHY THEY KEEP TRYING TO RUN…

THEY HAVE MORE HORSES LIMIT THE POSSESSIONS AND WIN BY KEEPING THE SCORE CLOSE…

NOT WIN AS THE GAME WIN AS KEEP THE FCKEN GAME CLOSE…

CLEMSON LOOKS TO BE FALLING BACK TO THE PACK…

WE PLAYED THE MOST STACKED TEAM IN COUNTRY…

A LOT OF SEASON LEFT AND THE MOST IMPORTANT SEASON (RECRUITING SEASON) STILL IN PLAY…

BUT WHAT HAPPENED IS WHAT STORM SAID NOT THIS FAIRYTALE…

ARE YOU SAYING YOU TAKE A DEFENSE THAT CREATES TURNOVERS OVER AN OFFENSE THAT SCORES 40 WITH LIMITED TURNOVERS?

You ramble a ton.

There is something very consistent with winning teams. Good players and good coaches. Sure there are cases like a ranked Army team with no 4* kids or a 2002 Miami with Larry Coker. Overall, winning usually takes both. We all agree talent is far more important. That said, you can’t throw any coach at Bama and expect them to win it all. Players have to respect the coaches and game plan or the wheels fall off.