Kalen DeBoer

I did NOT see this coming…

Damn good coach. Hate to say it, but I don’t see Bama skipping much of a beat.

Disagree….You don’t replace a guy like saban and there’s gonna be a noticeable drop off.

He’s going to have to prove his recruiting chops there right away or those gumps will start grumbling quickly

I am kind of surprised how fast they did this.

2 Likes

Agreed. I did read that Bama has been talking to DeBoer for some time. Who knows. I also read that Norvell,and Sarkisian had removied themselves from consideration for the job.

1 Like

DeBoer was one of the rumored names but seemed unlikely. Who would leave Washington, a finalist for the NC for Bama?

I would think UW could match any offer, maybe not.
I wouldn’t think he got that much of a bump over what UW would have paid to keep him.

Maybe he just couldn’t stand living in such a woketarded state. :grinning:
Maybe his wife doesn’t like constant rain.
Maybe the new AD at UW is a pain in the ass.
The President of UW is Donna Shalalalala II, a former Gender Studies prof. She would probably fire DeBoer if he wrong pronouned someone.
Who knows?

10 years ago, he was the OC at Eastern Michigan, He came a long way in 10 years.

Succeeding Saban probably isn’t going to end well. If he loses two games, the locals will burn down his house.

I thought the best candidate for the job was Lane Kiffin, but DeBoer is also a great hire who established himself as an up and comer. His passing game was a thing of beauty as there was great schooling and execution from linemen and receivers on offense together with a QB who released the ball as fast as any QB in the game.

Mississippi is going to have a powerful team next year. Their offensive team comes back relatively intact. Jaxon Dart had a great year at QB. Kiffin has improvedl demonstrably the defense through brilliant portal acquisitions. I am picking Mississippi to win the NC next year.

The problem DeBoer may encounter is impatience on the part of Tide fans. They’ll expect DeBoer to win immediately, and nothing short of national championships satisfies some of the maniacs. Following a legend is difficult, but DeBoer may be just the guy who can do it.

It’s a bold move. I like the move a lot. He’s been highly successful everywhere he’s gone.

I’m on record saying couple years ago I wanted DeBoer lol…The rest is history. I’m mildly surprised with Bama…But he can flat out coach.

2 Likes

@skeeter

WHY IS LITTLE SKEETZ RUNNING FROM THE LAST TWO THREADS THAT ARE “VERY PERTINENT?”

It’s a good hire and I think he will do very well there. He his a high character guy who knows how to coach. ANY coach coming in behind Saban is going to have huge shoes to fill.

I don’t think there is much doubt about DeBoer’s coaching ability, but what is unknown is his ability to emerge successfully in the recruiting dog fight that predominates in the SEC. With Freeze at Auburn, Kiffin at Mississippi, and Texas and Oklahoma joining the league, competition is going to be rife. It’s going to be hard to match NIL dollars with schools located in the oil patch.

MEET THE GUY WHO DECIDES WHICH COACHES GO WHERE…

WHEN THEY SAY THERE IS A SEARCH COMMITTEE JIMMY IS DECIDING….

EVERY CANDIDATE BAMA HAD WAS SEXTON’S….

SEXTON WAS JIMMY JOHNSON’S AGENT….

HE SEEM TO BE EVERY FCKEN COACHES AGENT….

THE CURTAIN IS BEING PULLED BACK ON CLOWN WORLD…

WHO OWNS THESE UNIVERSITIES?

Love the hire. Been watching him since he was Fresno state. He is one of the top 2-3 play callers in college football. I have Deboer, MN, Riley as the best play callers. He used the entire field.

No matter who took over for Saban was going to have a tough go. He won’t win the title next year but Bama will make the playoffs.

Bikki, I feel Texas will win it all next year. Team is stacked. Not a big sark fan.

Washington landed Jeff Fisch today

1 Like

I’m surprised by the speed but it doesn’t seem like a panic hire. Sounds like this was in the works for a bit?

@Elite80

WHY IS IT YOU WON’T ANSWER WHO OWNS THESE UNIVERSITIES?

THEY ARE YOUR CLIENTS RIGHT?

WHY WOULD YOU NOT BE ALLOWED TO NAME THEM?

NO COMMENT ON JIMMY SEXTON’S EITHER?

I would guess the reason is most people ITT have you on ignore

WHY DON’T YOU TRY THAT INSTEAD OF STALKING STORM ALL THE TIME POSTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PSYCO?

PEDO LOVER 305 LOVES TO CHASE STORM AROUND ALL DAY EVERYDAY……

STORM LIVES RENT FREE IN HIS HEAD……

If you say so.

It is funny that you’ve tagged me in like 100 posts and I haven’t tagged you a single time. I wonder who’s obsessed with who?

Jedd Fisch to UW. Interesting rise for him.

1 Like