It's Great! The Tony the Tiger Miami vs. Clemson Game Thread

Herald and Sun-Sentinel have been quiet pregame. Manny has basically said jack on The Athletic. I’m going to start watching around 9pm to 9:30pm so I can fast forward through commercials, timeouts, and sundry embarrassing moments. Halftime should have Clemson with a 7 point lead leading to an eventual 17 point win.

Oh, looks like defensive lineman LJ McCray committed to Florida over FSU, UM, and others. Not sure how in it we were.

Whoops, might have to retract that prediction as Herald saying Van Dyke out and Williams starting…

With TVD I had Clemson winning by 14, with Williams it could get real ugly. Hopefully the defense can have a stellar game.

I’d really like to see Jacuzzi Brown for a drive or 2…Just to try pound a drive out in a low scoring war like this

I like EW long-term and think he has good football ahead of him. But 30 yards passing (here at the half as I type this) ain’t gonna beat Clemson. It’s a slugfest…Let’s try J. Brown here.

Meanwhile, 1-5 UVA takes down 6-0 UNC in Chapel Hill.

FSU struggling against Duke, too.

At least Miami has kept it close. Of course, they will probably lose but at least it doesn’t look like a beatdown.

With TVD, Miami is smacking Clemson around.

I understand Williams is a frosh, but geeze he is tough to watch. I do not understand all the talk about him being the future of Miami. Kid just locks on his receivers and throws it even if there is nowhere to throw it. I am amazed there have not been more INTs.

Where is Jacurri Brown?

So, he is just like TVD then. :grinning:

PS ACC refs are the worst in the NCAA. Putrid officiating. How that was not a safety is astonishing.

Restrepo had a guy draped on him practically… why would Williams throw Restrepo the ball?

Emory Williams looks awfully green to me. I think the offense needs more players in motion and increased deception. We should have a better rushing game. I’d like to see Jacurri in at QB with a two back backfield, and I think we could move the ball on them.

Stop throwing screens and throw quick slants and outs. I am disappointed by E Williams’s play.

Miami should kick this ball away…

Nice determined run by Chaney

Williams’ deep ball is… yuck.

Dawson getting a little too cute there.

That should be a “stands” review.

Of course it was reversed… ACC! ACC! ACC!! :roll_eyes:

Really?!?!?!? Virginia beats North Carolina? How’s this possible? It’s like everybody we play gets their act together before they play us. We get 'em next week. :roll_eyes:

We need to keep pounding these guys on the ground.

Love the TD, but down two scores… late in the 4th quarter… 9 minute drive… geeze…

We should thrown on first down.

As has been stated the offense just looks suspect, but as I had hoped the defense has played pretty good tonight. At least the game was not another embarrassing late night blow out.