It's Great! The Tony the Tiger Miami vs. Clemson Game Thread

WTF?? the clock management!!!

1 Like

Miami loses in OT… Stupid to play for OT!!

Mario’s clock management is just flat out insanely stupid…

1 Like

Worst I have ever seen at ANY level of football

1 Like

oh… NOW he uses a TO… :roll_eyes:

Thank GOD that Clemson’s coaching staff is worse than MIami’s…

That final play call was idiotic…

Lol. This team shortens lives. Will take the win

Later Clemson.
Miami wins with a backup qb.

1 Like

Emory played a better second half, but this game was won by our defense, and our defense is anchored by a beast–Reuben Bain whom I predict will be a legend before he leaves the U.

Mario’s clock management is awful.

2 Likes

Defense is really good down the stretch, nice win on a game I did not have them winning.

1 Like

I am kind of curious now if there is any common thread among coaches who are GOOD at clock management. Are they scrub players who became students of the game? Lifer fans unto coaches? Are there any examples of ex-players (who were good players) who understand clock management? It seems a lost art like bunting in baseball. In the NFL don’t they sometimes have a guy on staff who does nothing but clock management?

For a kid who is 6’5" Williams sure gets a lot of balls knocked down.

Was Parrish hurt? Do not remember hearing anything on this.

Targeted a lot tonight but is Colbie Young regressing?

There is bad at clock management

And then there is mentally slow

There is no excuse for what Mario Cristobal did at the end of the regulation. It is only slightly better than not taking the knee 2 wakes ago. I’ve never seen anyone as bad as this…He is literally too stupid to even realize he did anything wrong.

Targeted a lot tonight but is Colbie Young regressing?

Huh? Kid was as big a factor as any in winning the game in the 4th quarter? Him, Chaney, interior OL, and the defense.

The last minute and a half when we had a chance to win the game…What N the absolute fuck was going on?! Holy hell that was ugly, a mess and safe and STUPID. I’ll take the W, but what the fuck guys??

It feels good to beat Clemson, especially since they’ve steamrolled us the last few years. My favorite thing about this game was watching Chaney rushing with authority while our offensive line was actually opening up holes in their defensive line and even having their way pushing around their LBs. Good to see Chaney recovered from injury; it sort of reminds me of the way Frank Gore snapped back. What a change from previous years. It was Miami not Clemson that was the more physical team.

Mario’s clock management is embarrassing.

1 Like

On BOTH sides of the ball. Miami’s O line allowed no sacks. Which one of you would have have predicted that a Clemson D would register zero sacks against Miami? Be honest–none of you would have. The O line was great in pass protection (see above - ZERO sacks) and was effective in getting holes open and getting Miami the couple yards here and there to get 3rd downs to extend drives. Hats off to the OL

Conversely, the Miami D had 5 sacks, 10 TFLs and allowed only 31 total yards on 34 rushing attempts by Clemson. In the second half and the OT, Clemson ran the ball 13 times for FOUR yards! In fairness to Clemson, that was one of what I saw as the major blunders the Clemson staff perpetrated during the game–they should have run the ball more–including that final play in double OT. They let Shipley, or Mafah run the ball, they score–that naked bootleg was idiotic. The chaos the DL was inflicting on the Clemson offense was exhilarating… Klubnick, the Clemson QB spent a lot of the game either running for his life, or on his tail. Hats off again to the DL and the linebackers.

It was great to see Miami out-physical a Clemson team team known for being physical.

Also hats off to Guidry, who called an awesome game, and to Dawson who made chicken salad out of chicken shit when faced with starting a true freshman with a handful of snaps of experience against what was the #5 ranked defense.

Dabo must be fuming today–his staff let one get away. Frankly, it feels good to finally be on the right side of one of these.

2 Likes

Imagine my surprise when I checked the score at 3am.

Great win. Miami hasn’t beaten Clemson in Miami since Ike was POTUS.

The team has improved obviously. If the idiotic coaches had taken the knee against GT, Miami would be 6-1. Miami is starting to get great line play which most of the top teams have.

Predicted 7-5, maybe 8-4. Had GT as a win, Clemson as a loss. Was 50/50 on TAM and NC. 5 games left, 7 or 8 wins seems very doable, 9 if we get lucky.

Emerson reminds me of Dorsey a bit. Did very well for a frosh. He should improve over time.

Clemson’s QB improvised that game ending bootleg. He didn’t see Flagg. If he hands it off, Clemson might have scored.

Borregales, Jr has been rock solid. Punter is okay, too.

Ball protection??? WTF was Smith doing juggling the ball on the 5? George saved his stupid ass.

Shocked UNC lost to UVA. 3rd quarter, Duke decided to go for a 4th and 3 inside the 10 and got squat instead of taking the easy 3 and going up by 6 over FSU. Changed the game completely.

1 Like

Went to the game with my son. First off it was great to see Miami win. The program needed it, the fans needed it and Mario needed it. Mario did the right thing in the first half not putting to much on Emory plate. They were able to pound Clemson on the ground. You could see that early on the runs were 2-3 yards. Than the runs were 4-5 and bam…the big run came after a big play on defense. The reality is the team should have one loss…I am not defending Mario for the GT game but it was a win and they messed it up.

Miami looked very good on defense. The only concern and you can see other teams try and take advantage of it…Miami needs to improve the secondary. Do that and you have a top 5-10 defense with this DC. Lance Guidry by the way is one of the best DC’s in the country…Mario hit on him.

I loved the run game…Chaney did not put up monster stats but his impact was felt. Believe he had one of his best games as a Cane…

Bain - He is the best freshman defensive player I have seen since Ray Lewis. He is a monster and as Bikki said he will leave as an all time great. This team is much closer than people realize. This is the closet that Miami has been since Butch. Mario will continue to stack talent and I expect the roster to be loaded within in two years…Does Mario make some questionable decisions sure…But I feel this is fan bias at times…Coaching is like this across both college and pro…The decision making at times is just crazy…Penn State decides to go for it down 7 inside their own territory…PUNT the ball. Minnesota punting the ball to Iowa best kick returner…

I think these coaches are under such pressure now…that bad decision making comes into effect. Not many coaches don’t mess up…FSU goes for it on 4th down way to much inside their own territory. Clock manangement is not just bad at Miami…It is bad everywhere.

I know it is tough for Miami fans to be patient…I get it. That being said Mario will stack this roster and Miami will be on top of the ACC…I like that he is trying to set a tough culture…Miami beat up Clemson the other night…When was the last time a Miami team beat someone up like that…It was the body blows that did Clemson in…Miami out toughed them.

4 Likes

Clemson is not close to what they once were, but pushing a team like them around was still impressive to watch. It has been so long since Miami was able to do that.

I hope you’re right man, I hope you’re right.

Does Mario call any plays? That’s Dawson’s job isn’t it?

I would like to see more vertical passing and FFS can the receivers get past the first down marker on third down. 6 yard pick ups on 3rd and 7 aren’t so great.