Gattis Status

This has turned into a complete shit show

He wasn’t there for recruiting day…Everyone who has been reliable says he’s gone, but it may take a little longer? How is UM in this situation?

So the offensive players don’t need the new playbook? When are they going to get it? A couple days before spring practice?

UM can’t have nice things…

It amazes me how this always happens at Um no matter who is in charge.

Fucking shit show.

I’d rather cut the guy loose and have no one at this point. At least we could sell potential.

The guy on the other site who has a pretty good track record (and a lot of times he will readily admit he doesn’t know, which is always a good quality for a source) has said “he’s gone” but it may take a while “it’s complicated”, more complicated than just the buyout (which is obviously part of the delay)

One thing I thought CMC would bring is CEO skills…Everything w Diaz was always an experiement for lack of better word. And I liked some things about him, but he had no CEO skills. Apparently CMC is no better in that aspect

maybe @Stormfront can enlighten us what he’s hearing on Gattis?

Lol

You know you won’t get a straight answer. Then he will say “I told you so.”

Why invite the nonsense. This thread isn’t broken.

Rumors of Coley coming back to UM not sure in what capacity…

No way primo comes back lol. I can’t see it.

He was terrible as an X’s and O’s guy. Does he still have the same pull in recruiting?

1 Like

Agreed, just posting some of the YT rumors floating around. Recruiting he’s a good guy…coaching not so much.

Still here? TF is going on…

At this point should hire the new OC as an ‘analyst’ to get him locked up. Then slide him into the official role when Gattis vacates. I’m gonna bite my tongue from slamming him too much (maybe there are health/personal things going on) but apparently he’s not even involved in recruiting and they have another staffer thats been slid into his road role (formally with NCAA).

Everyone who covers Miami seems to think he is gone. Not involved in recruiting, etc.

So, I assume Mario has someone lined up. The delay may have something to do with Gattis’ buyout?
He was hired in early February 2022 so maybe if he is fired after a full year passes his buyout is substantially less?

Hopefully, Mario hires someone who can call plays and put points on the board.

Gattis status… out.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article271237522.html

1 Like

Just read about it on ESPIN (no…not a mis-spelling). Wonder if too many potential recruits told them that playing under his system was a non-starter ?!

1 Like

AWESOME, let’s move forward.

About time FFS.

One wonders why they waited so long. I assume there was some reduced buyout benefit? Or, perhaps Mario was giving him a few weeks to find another job? Shocking there were no takers.

Otherwise, it makes no sense because keeping him on staff certainly didn’t help recruiting, transfers or otherwise. No coveted offensive transfer looking to shine is going to sign up for an offense that struggles to score 20 points/game against FBS teams.

Reportedly, Gattis wasn’t Mario’s first choice last year; more like his 17th? choice. Hopefully, this time Mario makes a much better hire. It’s hard to imagine a worse one.

Fire for cause. an investigation not just at Michigan is what I’ve heard.

Fire for cause. an investigation not just at Michigan is what I’ve heard.

Investigations into Gattis himself?

Looks like CMC disagrees with @Stormfront as to the performance of Gattis this season. And that all OCs are created equal.

I mean I was told coaching doesn’t matter (at all)

Take your little Broyles Award and hit the road sir

into Gattis himself, yes.

Yes, Mario found out Gattis has a Fidel Castro poster in his bedroom.

WHERE DID STORM SAY GATTIS HAD GREAT PERFORMANCE THIS YEAR?

DID THE WHOLE OL GO DOWN?

THE QB?

RBS?

MOST OF THE OFFENSE LEAVE IN THE PORTAL?

YOU GUYS THINK A GUY THAT IS LIKE 84-65 WITH A 2-4 BOWL RECORDING IS A COACHING GOD (DYKES)……

SO………

WHO IS NEXT?

@90scane

HOW COME THE BELICHICK WAS .500 ABOUT TO BE FIRED AGAIN THEN BRADY FOR TWO DECADES OF DOMINATION AND NOW BACK TO THE CELLAR AND .500?

AND THAT IS THE “COACHING MATTERS GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME?”