Gattis Status

In short, no one seems to know what is going on.

But, given how abysmally bad the offense was last season, it is hard to believe Mario wouldn’t make a change.

The first red flag with this guy was leaving a program like Michigan that, even with their issues prior to this season, is a much more esteemed program right now. That lateral move indicated to me that he was simply a figure head and Jim was calling the offense.

If he is canned, Mario better make the right hire in his place. He can’t afford a 2nd whiff here.

And the problem is, who the hell is really available that we want?

There’s some Ruggerio smoke right now. That’s weird to me. But he could be versatile enough to be more physical and meet Cristobal half way on some things. The Wake offense is excellent, but hasn’t rushed for 4 ypr in 4 years (not a good thing imo, and Definitely not in the eyes of CMC lol)…although Ruggerio is regarded very well and could certainly make tweaks and will have CMC’s OL recruits.

I think Seth Litrell would be an option

There’s always Cristobal’s old Oregon guy Arroyo who just got fired as UNLV HC. He wasn’t bad by any means but definitely is not a splash hire.

Nope…Our very own human behavioral export stormfront has already established not only in his opinion does he not think this is what happened…But there is NO WAY IT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY happened.

In all fairness to storm…Didn’t we give Gattis a raise though? So that could explain his insta-move.

also…@MADSTORK you are a poet and you don’t even know it!

I am aware. :grinning:

From what I was told today is Gattis has not been in his office since last week. He has to been involved in recruiting. He looks to be gone.

1 Like

That confirms what has been reported, that Gattis is invisible of late.

There are some allegations against Michigan…Some of the happened recently regarding Weiss

But some of them involve 2020-2021. I’m wondering if UM is waiting for a ruling where they could fire Gattis without having to buy him out?

Thought the latter had to do with recruiting during Covid or something.

The NCAA caught Michigan coaches recruiting without wearing masks …
MANDATORY DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!!!

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll take Gattis back :joy::joy:

Ya I was thinking if he was implicated
that…that maybe we could just terminate him? But it may not work that way.

Well, why Mario waits around for Gattis to find another job, TCU is hiring Kendall Briles away from Arkansas.

Arkansas average 32 points/game in 2022 and 41/game in their final three games.

I’m not getting the rationale for not letting Gattis go and hiring an OC who can put lots of points on the board.

If ever an OC deserved to be summarily fired, it’s Gattis.

Do better, Mario.

Some speculation that Gattis has a rather large buyout clause and they are reluctant to pay it (after paying Michigan his buyout…). They are supposedly hoping he finds another place knowing he is not welcomed so that they can get an amicable solution to that issue. He knows he is not welcomed.

1 Like

Man… what a weird circumstance. A year ago Gattis was riding high, had Michigan in the CFP, won the Broyles., was a hot commodity and got offered a job as OC a Miami getting some Ruiz $$$$… and now he’s persona non grata in Miami. What a difference a year makes…

Yeah these one year wonders don’t always pan out.

WHAT OC WINS WITH YOUR BACK UP OL WHICH WAS BARELY GOOD WHEN HEALTHY….

NOT TO MENTION YOU FEEL HAVE THE OFFENSE DOESN’T BELONG IN YOUR SYSTEM…

What exactly is Gattis’ motivation not to make Miami pay his buyout?

I wonder if he is even looking for another job.

I can’t see any team offering him an OC slot. Maybe receivers or running backs but not OC.
19 points a game is hard to sell.

…unless you’re Iowa. Cmon Hawkeyes!!!

2 Likes

Gattis left Michigan because he felt he was snubbed. That offseason it looked like Harbaugh was gone, it was clear Michigan wasn’t going to consider Gattis for HC.

Knowing his personality it makes total sense, and also makes sense why Michigan wasn’t going to consider him as HC. Miami should have paid more attention to that situation tbh.

2 Likes