Canebill passed away this morning…

BREAKS MY HEART TO HAVE TO POST THIS BUT FEEL LIKE HE WAS SUCH A BIG PART OF THIS BOARD STORM SHOULD SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE HERE……

BILL WAS A GUY STORM MET THREW A CHILDHOOD FRIEND THAT WORKED WITH BILL….

ONE DAY HE WAS TALKING ABOUT POSTING ON THE OLD BOARD TO MY FRIEND AND HE TOLD BILL HE HAD A CLOSE FRIEND THAT ALSO POSTED ON THAT BOARD….

STORM MET BILL FOR LUNCH A FEW TIMES AND WE HIT IT OFF FROM THE BEGINNING NOTHING BUT NICE TO STORM……

MONTHS LATER AFTER THESE COUPLE OF TIMES OF MEETING BILL MY FATHER PAST AWAY….

BILL WORKED IN BRICKELL BUT LIVED IN BROWARD……

MY FATHER’S VIEWING WAS CLOSE TO TROPICAL PARK……

BILL LEFT WORK WITH MY FRIEND TO COME TO MY FATHERS VIEWING AND SPEND TIME WITH US….

THIS GUY DIDN’T HAVE TO DO THAT BUT THAT IS THE TYPE OF MAN THIS GUY WAS……

IT IS UNFORTUNATE OUTSIDE OF @bikki228 NO ONE ELSE HAD A CHANCE TO MEET BILLY……

ONE OF THE BEST HEARTED NICEST PEOPLE STORM HAS EVER MET……

VERY SAD DAY MAN………

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. I always enjoyed Canebill’s posts.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that. When he was a poster here, there were always times things got heated as he was as invested a 'Cane fan as there was. I think Elite can vouch for that. :wink: I know in the last few years he’d said something about backing away from sports and spending time with family and I think, a granddaughter if I’m not mistaken so he wasn’t going to be on the boards. Didn’t know if his health was suffering though. I’m curious how this has come to be known as I had no contact with him outside of this or Shadow’s old board?

R.I.P. to Bill!

1 Like

HE MOVED FROM WESTON TO SOUTH CAROLINA TO BE WITH HIS DAUGHTER AND GRAND DAUGHTER……

HAD A FEW CHANCES TO MEET HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTERS….

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY HIS WIFE WAS HIS HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART……

HE HAD TWO DAUGHTERS BELIEVE ONE GRADUATED FROM VANDERBILT AND THE OTHER FROM UF……

HE WAS VERY VERY CLOSE WITH ONE OF MY CHILDHOOD FRIENDS….

GOT THE NEWS THIS AFTERNOON……

OK, thank you.

It’s funny, I’m getting older too and to me this seems like about 2-3 years ago. Hell, Bill may not have posted here in the last decade. Anyone actually remember the last time he did? I don’t think he ever signed onto this board here at all. So Shadow’s board would have been it when he decided to cease posting. I hope he enjoyed his final years with the family.

2 Likes

God bless

1 Like

Canebill accused me once of being a street agent without any evidence. It hurt my business and honestly I did not like the guy. We had our battles. Once the other site went bye bye - bill never came over. He said something about me being Jewish once that was anti Semitic.

That being said I feel bad for his family. Anyone that loses a family member - and they were close I will always be sympathetic.

You take Bikki, we do not always agree but he is respectful.

1 Like

RIP Canebill

One of my all time favorite posters.

Can’t believe I’m reading this.

2 Likes

He was a big presence on Shadow’s old board (A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…) and to be honest most of the time I found him to be “irrational.” But, as noted, he was passionate and cared deeply about the Canes. Most of us (since there’s zero new blood here) were younger then and apt to get caught up in the heat of the moment and swept along with the tide and all that). I hope he found some peace and enjoyment in whatever circumstances held during his final years. We make football important by choice but there’s a lot more to life.

4 Likes

Ya it hurt just to read that title…And I never met the guy.

RIP Canebill.

@Stormfront @bikki228 and those who knew him better than the rest of us…My deepest condolences.

2 Likes

Damn ! Damn…Damn Damn!! Ah …man that really sucks ! I kept wondering where Bill had gone. I thought he was posting somewhere else. He often spoke of his daughter who had graduated from Med School and how he was relocating to the Carolinas.

Old Bill could be combative on a subject …swearing at anyone…and everyone…and anything with which/whom he disagreed . A helluva bright guy who liked to poke and prod or needle someone into a response.

When anyone talked about "Bobby Bowden "…Bill would refer to him as “Uriah Heep”…Heh. Not to mention… anyone who didn’t lean to the conservative-right politically…would be automaatically labelled as an “Obama liberal” ( I once told him I was a PROUD independent liberal…LOL).

Most of us will remember how he would rail against Randy Shannon ( and Shalala for hiring him).

R.I.P Canebill.

2 Likes

Saddened to learn of Canebill’s passing. We were friends, and I corresponded with Bill following his resignation from this forum. I had an inkling Bill had of late suffered health issues. Bill was one of the original members of the old UM forum and one of its most prolific writers. Bill wrote thousands of eloquent posts, frequently sparred with others, had a refined sense of humor, and truly loved the University of Miami from which he was graduated.

When I had a home in Boca, Bill and I had lunches together in Ft. Lauderdale. I distinctly remember watching a UM game with Bill and Stormfront one evening in Coral Gables. It was a memorable evening I spent with some of the best Americans to be found on the planet–Cuban Americans. In my book, Canebill was a great guy whom I will miss.

2 Likes

PRETTY SURE IT WAS BEFORE COVID……

NO HE NEVER CAME TO THIS BOARD……

BIKKI COULD PROBABLY ANSWER ALSO BUT BELIEVE IT WAS WHEN HE MOVED TO SOUTH CAROLINA……

RIP Bill.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this.

I don’t think Bill was all that old; late 60’s early 70’s?

IRRC, he came to Florida with his family as a kid in the early 1960’s to escape Castro.
Not sure if it was on a makeshift raft as so many others used to escape communist Cuba.

And I remember a post he wrote on the old board (which I believe he helped found) about very randomly meeting his future wife on the UM Campus. I believe he may have literally bumped into her rounding a corner.

Don’t know what he was like in person, but he was a real character online.

.I believe he was a CPA?

He was one of the few prolific posters who announced their retirement from a board and actually kept to it. Although I think his final and permanent board retirement was preceded by a few temporary ones.

1 Like

Bill, Shadow, and Laus were the 3 that originally kept my attention when I first hit the old boards.

Fly high brother…

3 Likes

That’s sad to hear. I didn’t always agree with Bill, but he was always passionate in his posts. RIP Canes brother.

1 Like

BELIEVE IN HIS 60’S……

YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO MEET TWO CHARACTERS LIKE BILLY AND BIKKI……

GREAT PEOPLE AND ABSOLUTE “CHARACTERS”……

YES……

LAUS story was tragic. He was in his early 20’s. He was such a great person. I remember him and his laugh. Laus was watching the Oklahoma game at a bar when his appendics burst. He went in for surgery. I spoke to his wife that night and she said everything was fine. He complained of pain and nurses said it was normal. His wife was surprised because he had so much pain medicine she thought something was wrong. They did nothing and Laus was bleeding internally. He ended up brain dead because of it. He lost his life because of negligence. After he passed away his wife filed a big lawsuit against the hospital and won a big judgement. It was a simple operation that went wrong.

4 Likes
 +mfcanes

Wish he would find his way in.

2 Likes