Blake James fired

So many good HC jobs open………if we do fire Manny we’ll be getting into the game late - not to mention the UF’s and LSU’s of the world will pay whatever they need to pay.

Largely, my point.

Of course, if Manny manages to lose to Duke …

If we drop the Duke game I don’t think there’s any question about whether or not he’ll be fired.

Hell I wanted Manny out after FIU.

1 Like

I think we are pretty normal. NC State has 7 starters our on D alone. Still 8-3…

Frenk probably should not have fired James until they had the new AD lined up. Frenk could have told James to shut up, stay in his office and start sending out resumes. Or, promised him another job, like in fund raising, if he behaved himself. Firing him before the new AD is in place undercuts recruiting, staffing, etc. Kind of stupid IMHO especially if they end up keeping Manny for another year.

I’m ok with how Blake was fired. Can you imagine the uproar if Miami hadn’t done anything yet? Yikes. I like to believe they’re further along with the AD machinations than we’re being led on by the media/fans to believe. Really when you look at it, it’s not news out of the school that is fueling discussions, it is 100% rumor and innuendo.

My only quibble was they should have fired him in early Oct when they decided they were going to move on from the current regime. I think it was widely acknowledged that Diaz bet on himself when he named himself DC, and Blake bet on Diaz when he allowed him to do that. Ergo, when we could all see Diaz lost that bet, Blake was cooked as well.

Apparently Highsmith and Torretta are candidates……can we PLEASE hire someone with direct AD experience at a major program?

1 Like