Blake James fired

The Next AD needs to make clear on day 1 that all of his focus and energy will be put into winning a national title. He must make clear that nothing less will be accepted, and most resources will be invested into football to ensure that goal is met.

I need to hear that before I start believing again.

1 Like

YOU KNOW THEY COULD HIRE THE FOOTBALL COACH FROM BRADDOCK HIGH SCHOOL AND HE WOULD SAY THAT RIGHT?

THAT IS A LOW BARā€¦

YOU PEOPLE DONā€™T REALLY THINK THIS JUST HAPPENED AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT?

Storm is probably appalled that James was fired and that weā€™re wrong for not giving him a chance.

1 Like

HE IS IRRELEVANT HE DOES AS HE WAS TOLDā€¦

If he was irrelevant he woundnt have been fired.

1 Like

I just hope Dr. Frenk and the BOT consulted with Hidden Reply before making such a drastic move.

1 Like

8 years! unreal

Ring, Ring ā€¦

Hello?

Hey Manny, this is Blake. You gotta minute?

Manny: Sure ā€¦

Blake: Well, after that 4th and 14 debacle ā€¦ I think we need to make a change ā€¦ Hey, hold on, Iā€™m getting another call ā€¦

Hello?

Frenk: Hi Blake, Dr, Frenk here ā€¦ Look Blake, given how this season has gone, I think we need to make a change ā€¦

It would be a shame if they didnā€™t.

So the Herald talks about how Gino Torretta would like to be the athletic director. Weā€™re not seriously considering that are we? Isnā€™t this the kind of move we make that keeps us repeating the same mistakes over and over again? I hope this doesnā€™t have legsā€¦at all.

1 Like

Highsmith or Vilma would be better choices.

But, maybe hire someone who has ā€¦ you know ā€¦ actually been an Athletic Director.

The whole job is hiring good football, basketball and baseball coaches and fundraising.

1 Like

Are there any candidates mentioned yet for AD? I havenā€™t been watching closely.

Headlines from the last couple daysā€¦

• John Ruiz may be our ā€œathletic donor MVPā€ moving forward.
  • Highsmith for a football only role still being talked about. Seems like sort of a talent scout/long term face of the program role.
  • Manny is out
  • Since you asked David. This is very good news to me if true

Iā€™ve seen Tom Jurich, but that may have been clickbait from Ferman.

Unless anyone knows Frenk, Joe Echevarria, or Rudy Fernandez I donā€™t think anyone knows shit.

1 Like

Exactly. I posted something on Twitter to the effect of itā€™s funny how many people come out of the woodwork claiming that have ā€œinside sourcesā€ whenever there is a change at Miami. They all turn out to be bullshit.

Frenk, as University President, has the final say on whether Diaz is fired, or not.

There was some discussion that the reason James was suddenly fired was that he dissed Diaz in interviews prior to the NC State game and that didnā€™t go over well with Frenk and his minions.

I assume Miami will have a new AD in place sometime in December. Given all the HC vacancies, most, if not all, of the top candidates may be otherwise employed by the time the new AD is running up to speed. Thus, Diaz may survive one more year by default. Weā€™ll see.

One could certainly make a case for Diaz surviving another year, given the number of injuries to key players, the number of losses suffered by a few points, the emergence of the younger players, the presumably 7-5 regular season record, his buyout costs, etc.

Of course, one could also make a case for summarily firing his ass. :grinning:

We have upgraded at QB, and stayed the same/upgraded at RB. We have lost one starter on D which is pretty damn lucky given our depth there.

the number of losses suffered by a few points

We have 3 losses by a possession and 4 wins by a possession.

All things considered, this has been a pretty standard season. Usually a QB going down would be a big deal but for us it hasnā€™t been. Other injuries and close games are just football.

Itā€™s very hard to keep Diaz another year with the coaching and recruiting world knowing how thin of ice he is on. That makes it hard to recruit coaches (which he would need to do on the D side) and players.

I hear ya, but when was the last time that wasnā€™t true? Miamiā€™s coaches are constantly on the hot seat because the team has sucked for 15+ years

Lost the starting QB and the two best RBā€™s and Gaynor and Rivers, lost Bolden and Williams.
Knighton isnā€™t an every down back, he is too small. Lashlee should have used Franklin a lot more IMHO. That kid is a beast like Chaney.

Numerous other players have missed several games due to injuries and suspensions.

It seemed Miami had more than the ā€œnormal amountā€ of injuries this season.

Iā€™m not saying Diaz should be retained. But, assuming he wins the last two games and given what is likely to be left once the new AD starts coach shopping plus the whole buyout thing, I wonā€™t be shocked if Diaz is given another year. Time will tell.

|Name|Position|Inj Desc|

|D. King|QB|Shoulder|
|is out for season|
|C. Gaynor|OL|Knee|
|is out for season|
|B. Bolden|S|Shoulder|
|is out for season|
|A. Blades Jr.|CB|Undisclosed|
|is ā€œ?ā€ Saturday vs Duke|
|C. Harris|RB|Knee|
|is out for season|
|T. Stevenson|DB|Undisclosed|