Ball State

Miami is a 36.5? point favorite.

Ball State struggled to beat Missour State at home in Muncie last week.

Unless Miami phones it in, it shouldn’t even be close.

Odds Shark’s scoring model has being about a 8 point win for Miami.

I would hope it is 25+ point win or Miami failed IMHO.

EIGHT?

We win that by only 8 at home then we should drop out of any and all top 25s for the rest of the year.

1 Like

Well, we see how the game goes but, I agree, 8 sounds very low.

I suppose their algorithm noticed that, in the past, Miami has often underachieved against cupcake opponents. Let’s hope after the team covered 45 points last week, we are in a new era.

They keep delaying the game. Almost six and nothing yet.

You can tell Miami was frustrated by the 10-0 score. We were trying too hard and losing sight of the fundamentals IMO. But nice to see us score either way.

Love to see us punish Ball State for not punting.

So they switched to the UVA gam and I don’t have to other channels. Oh well.

Anyone else not impressed with Sam Brown?

I can’t find the game either.

It’s on the ESPN app, but I already missed the 3rd quarter so I’m gonna wait till the entire stream is up to watch the 2nd half.

I found it.

We covered! :+1:t4:

Again, winning this by EIGHT would have been a joke for us.

What I do hate though, is to see that close to half we’ve got like, 17-20 rushing yards. I’m never too encouraged by this. So the question is, was it a lack of commit to the run and just let Cam control the game or could we really not run on Ball State?

Miami has 731 yards of offense. I don’t care if it’s ball state. That is stupid.

2 Likes

One of the most lopsided games statistically in memory.

Ball State isn’t a horrible team but Miami totally dominated them.

115 yards total offense, 6 yards rushing, no points, not even a field goal. Yikes.

Miami had 750 yards of total offense; 507+243.

Miami seems to be the real deal.

Now go and crush USF.

Condensed game/highlights.

I no longer watch games live, takes too long, too many commercials and it’s too aggravating if Miami plays badly. Now, if they win, I watch highlights on Youtube and if they lose, I save myself the grief and don’t bother with it. Admittedly, I do keep an eye on the game score on game day.

And how many of our fans thought this when it was 10-0 Miami late in the 2nd quarter? Hmmm?

Forgive the negativism but watching the Florida Gators get bitch slapped by every team they encounter makes me realize we have played no one of consequence yet. I can HOPE we’re better than we’ve been for oh, I don’t know, about 20 or more years now but you still think about when that piano’s gonna hit.

I watched the 2nd half on the ESPN app last night and it’s perfectly cut to skip halftime and all commercials. I couldn’t believe what a breeze the game was.

Either way, this is a good season to watch live. It’s so much more exciting that way.

1 Like

I’m a Ball State alum and saw this coming a mile away. Not that it would have been super close but 1) Ball State is easily a bottom 10-15 FBS team right now
2) the top 3 receivers and two top running backs were out this game

Miami should have been able to push them around more on the ground. That was mildly concerning.