All Done with Manny

I have missed @Shadow

Such a sober and accurate analysis of this team and program overall.

He just said every thing I’ve been thinking about this program in the recent past and this season.

Good to have you back boss.

3 Likes

Regarding tackling, the coaches seemed to be battling a long-ingrained, South Florida cultural need to “look cool”. Miami defenders seem obsessed with making the “huge hit” rather than simply wrapping up an opposing player’s legs. This has been going on for years. More often than not, a running back bounces off the hit to his upper body and scampers away for additional yardage. I can’t believe this very bad habit isn’t addressed in practice. Anyone who doesn’t wrap up should be made to run suicides until they beg for death to come.

I’m disappointed that you are back in the conversation on this board, but three one-time comments:

Toughness is not Strength.

Swasey was the most incompetent major strength coach alive

Everything else you said showed you missed every point being made and therefore, I’ll immediately go back to my “don’t use my time” stance.

3 Likes

It’s going to be a LONG year.

manny made his bones as a LB coach but look how terrible he is at recruiting/developing the position. shit is an utter disgrace. fire him

1 Like

Especially when they transfer in from another school that bashes into a kids head how to tackle. Stevenson even said it…UGA tackles a ton more at practice than Miami.

1 Like

Now it takes an NFL QB and 5 star talent to beat app state? Blahahaha

A bunch of 2star kids beat up on our 3-5 star kids so the solution is needing more 5* kids. Keep digging that hole.

THIS IS GOING TO BE ALABAMA’S 4TH IN A ROW CLEMSON HAS TWO IN A ROW…

WHO HAS ALL THE CHAMPIONSHIPS?

We aren’t talking about championships! We are talking about beating App State by more than an unforced safety. We are talking about scoring more points than Mercer against Bama.

Does Miami have more talent than Mercer? Mercer played at Bama and scored 14 points.

Does Miami have more talent than AppState? 2 point victories at home, is that the new normal for teams with top 25 talent.

I agree with this.

Toughness - mental

Strength - physical

This team has deficits in both in my opinion. No push. Constantly getting pushed around and arm tackled.

And the mental part is maybe even worse. It’s like they come on the field with an inferiority complex.

OBVIOUSLY I AM GLAD YOU LET IT BE KNOWN IT IS PERSONAL UP FRONT…

YOU DON’T TEACH TOUGHNESS SO NOW YOU HAVE COME TO STORM’S SIDE ABOUT IT BEING A RECRUITING PLAYER PROBLEM?

EXCELLENT TO SEE YOU HAVE EVOLVED…

YET HE HAD PROBABLY THE BEST 3 YEAR RUN OF ANY STRENGTH COACH EVER…

YOUR COMMENT OBVIOUSLY HAS MERIT WITH THE IMPORTANCE YOU PUT ON THE STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH…

I KNOW I KNOW THE GHOST OF MOFFIT WAS HE FOR THOSE THREE YEARS…

FYI ALSO I HAVE PLAYERS FROM THE 2001 SQUAD SAY ANYONE THAT SAYS WHAT YOU SAY IS FULL OF SHIT…

BUT WHAT DO THEY KNOW?

WHAT POINT THAT YOU SPENT YEARS BLAMING THE STRENGTH COACH FOR THE LINES GETTING PUSHED AROUND AND YOU THINK IT IS STILL HAPPENING SO YOU CHANGED YOUR ARGUMENT TO “TOUGHNESS?”

THE PROGRAM IS “SOFT?”

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT MAKES YOUR PROGRAM SOFT…

RECRUITS THAT AREN’T VERY GOOD…

YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU LOVE TO MAKE THIS HARDER THEN IT IS…

THE BAMA’S, OSU AND CLEMSON’S HAVE IMPACT PLAYERS…

LOTS OF THEM…

LSU WAS TRASH FOR YEARS AND THEN BURROW POPPED…

WHAT HAPPENED TO LSU LAST YEAR?

DID MOFFIT NOT TAKE IT SERIOUS LAST YEAR?

YOU CAN “NOT USE YOUR TIME” GREAT WIZARD IT WON’T STOP STORM FROM CALLING OUT YOUR NONSENSE…

DID YOUR SOURCES EVER TELL YOU WHERE GOLDEN WAS WHEN THEY TOLD YOU UM DIDN’T KNOW?

I’LL ENLIGHTEN YOU NOW THAT ITS BEEN A WHILE JUST TO SHOW HOW MISINFORMED YOU WERE/ARE…

THERE WAS A SECURITY DETAIL GIVEN TO GOLDEN…

UM WAS VERY VERY AWARE OF IT…

HE WAS NEVER MISSING…

THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHERE HE WAS…

THAT IS WHY STORM SAID BACK THEN GOLDEN SHOULD HAVE LEFT…

YET SLANDERCANE (CANEDUDE) RAN WITH YOUR MISINFORMATION A WROTE A BULLSHIT STORY ATTACKING GOLDEN…

I’M GONNA TELL YOU A SECRET…

https://fiusports.com/staff-directory/andreu-swasey/1474

I WONDER WHY HE IS TRASH?

STOP LISTENING TO NONSENSE FROM PEOPLE NOT IN THE ROOM…

WHERE ARE ALL THE STUGOTZS THAT SAID HE COULDN’T BE THE LEAD GUY?

DID YOU CATCH THIS PART?

Additionally, Swasey is renowned in the football community for his strength and conditioning program as he sports a long list of current NFL players that train with him. Those players range from Jimmy Graham and Alvin Kamara to Mike Thomas and Duke Johnson to name a few.

MUST BE BECAUSE FIU IS THE ONLY GYM IN MIAMI RIGHT GRAND WIZARD?

The sobering truth.

Call me crazy, but I was pleasantly surprised with our size against Alabama. 5 years ago we would’ve looked tiny compared to them, and our line was on par in the looks department.

Is that improvement? I think so, but I agree with the lacking toughness comments.

Honestly, my favorite part of Storm typing in all caps is that it’s easy to ignore the nonsense. Just scroll until you see proper typing and then you can enjoy a football discussion.

2 Likes

Oregon- 48 blue chippers. Top two sat out yesterday.
Miami - 46 blue chippers. One was not ready(per you) to play DT. The other was suspended.

Difference? Miami almost lost at home to App State, Oregon went into Columbus and beat a more talented team. I believe this means coaching won the game OR your factor of impact players is off. I mean OSU has the second most blue chippers to Bama.

And who recruited these players on D especially Lb? Who didn’t take another DE or LB from the portal?

FOURTY SIX vs ONE
You say Miami needs impact players yet has landed 46 top 300 players in the country. App State has ONE and he didn’t have an impact! Guess who impacted the game the most? 2* kids.

I’M JUST IGNORING YOUR POST SINCE YOU SAID THEY ARE FAKE FRAUDSTER…

Hahaha

Yet, you have no respectable answer for OSU vs Oregon when you claim OSU has more impact players. 67 vs 44. You have no respectable answer for Miami vs AppState: 44 vs 1.

No one here respects you because you ignore simple facts! Miami has far more NFL guys on the roster yesterday than App State. They had more vs FIU, LaTech, GT, Duke! Those are impact players. The coaches failed to give those impact players the most opportunities to impact the game either by placing them next to bad players or calling plays for other players or Both.

If it is toughness, why is Stevenson talking about how much more UGA tackles? Sure you risk injuries but you build TOUGHNESS!

While Diaz is wearing on my patience too…App State is one of the top ehhh 40, no worse than 45 teams in the nation. We are definitely top 25, with top 20 or better talent.

Pointspread on game was 7.5/8 with a slight letdown and App State’s knack for playing the big boys priced in slightly.

In all fairness teams that play Bama in general…And especially teams that get their head beat in in that ATL game every year do no fare well the next week.

That said…Diaz defeinltey leave a lot to be desired on game day.

1 Like

The biggest thing with Miami the last two decades is the lack of anyone “popping”. Sometimes great recruits play great, sometimes they play good. But no one steps up. We don’t get anyone that gets stronger/faster/better. There is no development.

We aren’t fast, we aren’t strong, and we aren’t fundamentally sound. 2 decades of it. Poor coaches have been a theme. To me, the culture has been very laid back around Greentree…no one demands effort…a winner and loser.

We rotate players at damn near every position because our players aren’t conditioned well enough to play 70 snaps. What the fuck is that? 22 starters. You start until you tap your head and you get 1 (one) play off. Obviously depends on offensive formation maybe your package changes but every package has starters and those starters don’t come out. Don’t even think about getting playing time until you are conditioned well enough to play 70 plays. Run extra, lift extra, eat better, do what it takes to be a first or second day pick.

2 Likes

Some very good points here

He comes off as way too nice and buddy/buddy with the players too me.

And again…No one EVER loses their job. Reminds me of Shannon in that way.