All Done with Manny

Clearly in over his head.

I give him Bama. But to be struggling at home against App State is unacceptable.

Sadly he’s not going anywhere. 6-6 seasons looks to be the norm.

Gotta fire the AD! Clean house!

1 Like

Any chance Ed Reed’s in the locker room right now giving them the FSU speech? Seriously, someone connected with this program do SOMETHING!

Defense is fucking atrocious.

Are you at the game 51 :laughing: ?

Sadly, yes, I am.

I’m pretty much there. I’m seeing ZERO development. THAT alone tells a story, that and his blank ass stare when things go sideways.

THESE ARE THE TYPICAL STUGOTZ COMMENTS…

SO MANNY HASN’T DEVELOPED DEFENSIVE PLAYERS WHILE HE HAS BEEN HERE?

HE DOESN’T KNOW HOW?

YOU PEOPLE SAY THE MOST ABSURD ESTUPID STUPIDER THINGS ON THE NET…

YOU MAKE DJ STUPIDER LOOK SMART…

You are just saying random things. WHO, WHO has developed on our defense outside of a few defensive ends?! D tackles, NOPE, linebackers, NOPE, secondary, NOPE. It’s just up and down, up and down, players have not gotten better.

NOBODY in this forum expects us to be a top 5 team. It is NOT too much to ask we be competitive, and ball out against average teams. We never do, it’s always a messy game, which turns into a circus.

1 Like

LETS DO JUST 2016…

JOE JACKSON
MCINTOSH
WILLIS
TRENT HARRIS
NORTON
QUARTERMAN
PINCKNEY
JUAQUIN JOHNSON
REDWINE
JENKINS
ELDER
COLBERT
YOUNG
JAMAL CARTER

NONE OF THOSE GUYS WERE DEVELOPED UNDER THE STUGOTZ DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM?

That entire list are basically players being good, that didn’t get better. Which is my point.

Storm, this is NOT the storm shelter. We would love to talk football, but your response has NOTHING behind it. My statement is literally a fact, as there is not ONE player outside of some defensive ends, that have jumped from year to year? Are they all 2 star prospects as an example of just being who they are? NO, there are 4 stars here we are talking about. NO breakout players, just break out transfer players at most. Phillips, and Roche…with one super reach in Rousseau who had ONE year playing basically.

WAIT A MINUTE IS YOUR STATEMENT THEY WALKED IN GOOD AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE GOOD?

ARE YOU SAYING OSU, ALABAMA AND CLEMSON ARE DEVELOPING 2 STAR PLAYERS OR ARE THEIR PLAYERS WALKING IN “GOOD?”

1 Like

My statement is that entire list of players you posted, were no better freshmen to when they left the program. IF they were better, it was a minuscule change either way. In the linebackers case, they got worse every year they were in the program. Soooo, like I said. They may have come into the program as good on a star level to make our recruiting look good, but then did not develop into an impact player, as in growth year to year.

Alabama and Clemson are getting 4 and 5 star players and even 3 star players. They are developing regardless of stars and putting top talent into the league. Those players have been proven more than not, to become better each year they are in their respective program. I want to see player growth, we are not seeing it yet. We just aren’t.

MCINTOSH WAS A 3 STAR…

REDWINE WAS A 3 STAR…

NORTON, JACKSON, TRENT HARRIS, JENKINS, ELDER, JUAQUIN JOHNSON NEVER GOT BETTER?

THEY ALL MADE THE NFL…

QUARTERMAN AND PINCKNEY NEVER GOT BETTER EITHER?

COLBERT WAS BETTER HERE THEN IN TEXAS…

WILLIS COULDN’T EVEN SEE THE FIELD HE LEFT A FORCE…

PHILLIPS WAS LIKE 200 LBS WHEN HE GOT HERE…

IT IS AN ABSURD STATEMENT SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT GET BETTER AT SOMETHING YOU DO FOR 4-5 YEARS…

YOU YOURSELF HAVE TO LITERALLY FAIL BECAUSE ON REPETITIONS ALONE A PERSON GETS BETTER AT ANY SPORT…

TOM BRADY IS GREAT BECAUSE HIS LIFE REVOLVES AROUND FOOTBALL…

IT ISN’T FCKEN COACHING AS ALL HIS COACHES HAVE BEEN FIRED…

ALL OF THEM…

THE PLAYERS AT ALABAMA ARE BEING COACHED BY LITERARY EVERY FIRED COACH IN AMERICA…

IF PLAYERS ARE WALKING IN A PLACE GREAT IT IS ALABAMA, OSU AND CLEMSON…

HOW IS BAMA COACHING DEVELOPMENT WHEN NONE OF THEIR COACHES ARE EVEN THERE FOR 4 YEARS AND THEY ALL HAVE JUST BEEN FIRED?

EVAN NEAL WAS A 5 STAR…

EVAN NEAL WOULD BE THE FIRST OT TAKEN NEXT YEAR REGARDLESS WHERE HE WENT…

REGARDLESS WHO COACHED HIM WHICH IS WHAT HAS PROVEN OUT AS HE HAS HAD AT LEAST 2 OLINE COACHES AT BAMA…

THIS YEARS STAFF…

LAST YEARS STAFF…

THEY EVEN CHANGED THE “GREATEST STRENGTH COACH IN THE HISTORY OF CFB” AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY THE SAME OR BETTER…

GO FIGURE…

THE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM ARE THE SAME ONES THAT USE TO MAKE FUN OF DABO AND “CLEMSONING”…

AT WHAT POINT DO YOU PEOPLE LEARN?

I don’t necessarily think this.

Miami is sending players to the NFL, and while there is a Roche or two on that list, mostly they are not showing up on campus ready to go.

Don’t get me wrong, the utter lack of linebackers on this team has been the major defect in 2020 and 2021, seemingly with Jennings and Steed still playing. But more high level for me, started by Larry Coker but finished off by Randy Shannon made Miami a soft, soft program and none of the hires that followed have successfully addressed that.

It’s evident in the way they tackle. Right now, only Bolden (and Stevenson?) accelerates through contact. It’s been years of watching defenders being in the position to make a play and whiff, or worse, bounce off the ball carrier.

It’s evident in the way they are tackled. For Miami fans, arm tackles are a complaint, but going the other way too many arm tackles take down our RBs and WRs.

It’s evident in short yardage, where it doesn’t matter what team is lined up opposite or how undersized they are; Miami can’t pound the ball down any team’s throat.

It’s evident in against any team with quick, big backs. They are going to wrack up yards, and more often than not, get three yards before any defender even breaths on them.

And it’s also evident in the way players leave to be late round picks and undrafted free agents. Which, more than any of the others above, is a direct correlation to Miami’s ongoing problem. Miami recruits are showing up with half a foot out the door, and in my view, it shows up in their play because that is the overall mentality of the program.

Personally, out of the gate on the recruiting front, I thought Manny Diaz had a potentially painful, but necessary approach to fix. Florida, and South Florida, is loaded with talent. Drop the big time kids that have their hands out and want their ass kissed to stay; that recruitment stays with them for three years.

Yes, it’s a harder route and requires more evaluation ability, but the kid being overlooked but with talent is going to out play that kid at Miami (as we see them do across the country after they’ve been disrespected growing up). At the same time, I understand how the local programs react (and have reacted) to that type of approach.

4 Likes

COACHING…

:point_down:t2:

PLAYERS…

THE REALLY GOOD ONES CAN TACKLE…

:point_down:t2:

PLAYERS…

OSU, ALABAMA AND CLEMSON’S PLAYER DON’T HAVE ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR?

SERIOUSLY?

I CAN TELL YOU THE PROBLEMS SINCE COKER…

NOT ONE NFL QB…

OVERALL TALENT 5 STAR NFL TALENT MIAMI ALWAYS HAD…

THIS ISN’T HARD…

MANNY HAS TO RECRUIT THAT IS 1A, 1B, 1C, ETC…

OUR BEST TWO CLASSES ARE THE LAST TWO AND WE HAVE 2 LEGIT QBS SITTING…

THIS IS A PROCESS REGARDLESS WHO THE COACH IS…

BREAKING: University of Miami Athletic Director, Blake James, Announces That Head Football Coach, Manny Diaz Has Received A Thirty Million Dollar, Five Year Contract Extension … Said James, “After our very impressive win over Appalachian State, it became absolutely imperative that we lock up Manny’s services. We look forward to being mired in mediocrity for the foreseeable future” … Later he added while throwing up the U, “Go Canes!!!”

WASN’T THIS THE STRENGTH COACHES FAULT?

NOW THAT WE ARE ON OUR THIRD DURING THAT PERIOD OF TIME HAVE YOU REVISITED THAT?