About to get an angry A&M

Hope we get to work

Alabama almost got beat too. No team is a clear favorite except Georgia.

UGA only beat lowly Samford at home 33-0; not so great.

I was kind of disappointed to see Miami didn’t slaughter Southern Miss. (Coincidentally, I went to grade school with one of their assistant coaches.) But, then I saw TAM and ND both lost their cupcake/warm up games at home so I guess Miami not completely dominating Southern Miss isn’t the worst thing. At least they won the game convincingly.

Game results sometimes defy all explanation.

I was thinking given the less than stellar victory over Southern Miss that Miami would have its hands full against TAM but obviously they have some problems. Seems more like a toss up game now. Hopefully, Miami can beat them but as the OP mentioned, they’ll be pissed as hell and looking to prove themselves after losing to App State.

1 Like

A&M will come out in a very bad mood next week. Not great for us.

Pitt loss to Tenn in OT. Like Miami and UGA, Clemson was pretty underwhelming against Furman.

I’m guessing Jimbo may dump his QB and start someone different against Miami which will, of course, result in a Heisman-worthy performance. :grinning:

1 Like

Job Security … Why on earth would any AD makes this deal??? Craziness!!!

Alabama is still likely the favorite and would be favored over Georgia

Ohio St. probably would be too although the gap has closed since opening day

We have a lot of time to learn about all of them.

About to get an angry A&M

And? You think Alabama Clemson and Georgia give a fuck who’s “angry” that week?

I’m so tired of the inferiority complex at this program.

we are gonna get boatraced badly. so obvious what’s coming

Can you blame anyone for thinking this given our history? I’m trying to think of the last time we showed up against a ranked team away. That combined with yesterday’s performance? Our o-line was woeful yesterday.

Think it was the beatdown of ND.

Also when we show the elite level again and consistency of the teams mentioned above (bama, uga, clemson) we can have the luxury of not worrying.

It is a well deserved inferiority complex.

20 years of suck will do that to a fan base.

And Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern. How the F did that happen???

That’s the last one I remember but that was at home.

ND never shows up for big games anymore. I love that fact too.

Alabama deserved to get beat. Texas got robbed on several fronts. I know we all see the NCAA try and setup Bama every year, but this was egregious

1 Like

I don’t think Georgia is a clear favorite to win every week either.

I watched the Alabama game over at my cabin with a bunch of gloomy Tide fans. Every year, even the best teams play one stinko game. The Texas defensive line was certainly for real, and Texas apparently was under-rated. Great LB/Edge Will Anderson had a terrible showing and was responsible for three penalties. Speaking of penalties, Alabama sustained more penalties in this game than any game in the past two decades.

Interestingly, the most important play allowing Alabama to win the contest was a missed tackle by a Texas CB. He had Heisman Bryce Young dead to rights for a sack, and he blew it. On the missed tackle, Young escaped and rounded the end and turned what would have been a huge loss into a substantial gain vastly improving the chances for the success of the winning FG. Miami isn’t the only team that misses tackles.

Texas A&M fans are complaining like hell about Jimbo, especially about the team’s QB and the woeful play of the team’s offensive line. As I recall, Jimbo got a lot of blow back at FSU regarding his offensive lines.

A&M fans are now comparing Jimbo to Kevin Sumerlin:

1 Like

Interestingly, the most important play allowing Alabama to win was the blown safety call. You just picked the low hanging fruit at the end.

1 Like

And there was a bigtime hold on that Young scramble that did not get called. Bama got a gift.