Who Do You Like?

Spare me the Bama injuries. Good Lord enough with that team. They lost everyone last year and should have been gone earlier this year.

Loss to A&M
Beat UF by 2
Beat Arky by 7
Beat LSU by 6
Auburn lead 10-0 in the 4th and choked. Tide won in OT with the funky 2 point OT rules.

Team should have been gone at that point. Oh, then they draw Cincinnati in the semifinal for an auto berth in the NC game. Let’s not make excuses for them when they don’t win the title game. They’re already preseason #1 and the damn country never gets a break from them. They shouldn’t have been near a semifinal this year but Miami had to make them look like a juggernaut in week one to buoy their season. It’s just nice to get a field WITHOUT them. Nothing wrong with LSU, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma…or just someone else. 2021 SHOULD HAVE been one of those seasons. NO EXCUSES FOR THEM!

And while UGA might have had a mental hurdle to clear with Alabama, have you seen their Rivals classes the last 4-5 years? Like three top ranked classes, a 2 and a 5 or something like that. So yes, Georgia “UPSET” Alabama last night. :roll_eyes: And to the earlier comment, I doubt the Miami Hurricanes will ever get near the talent level of classes in succession like what Georgia is doing. It looks like A&M is trying to do it now. At least these other coaches KNOW what to do to beat Saban - beat him over the head with similar talent. Then you can do it. Brian Kelly knew it too. Go to LSU and have similar players. Notre Dame won’t ever have that again, no matter the media spin on how “great” they can be. The sport just needs OTHER TEAMS. It can’t be the pro team in Tuscaloosa every season. Rant over!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m awake now. Happy Georgia won.

Even though I predicted UGA would win, when the fumble/interception thing happened and Bama got the ball on the 15 and finally scored a TD, I thought, well, that’s it.

But no, Bama have a very un-Bama like collapse and immediately gave up some long passes, one for a TD. Bama tried to struggle back, but Young forced one throw too many and that was that.

If that Bama WR had caught the long pass that he mysteriously tried to one hand (must have lost sight of the ball?), a different outcome probably. For once, the ball didn’t bounce Bama’s way.

Georgia defense is superb. Richt left Kirby a stacked team and he built it up from there with lots of signing bonus cash no doubt.

Bama 2021 edition, though still one of the best teams in the country, pales in comparison to Bama 2020 edition. Like Clemson, they lost too much talent to the NFL to play at the same level.

This. The two best teams money could buy played last night. One lost their 2 biggest play makers and didn’t have the depth to keep it going. Now I have to deal with all my UGA friends running their mouths until August :face_vomiting:

Mechie and Williams play it’s a different outcome

McGahee plays it’s a different outcome…

2 Likes

Lord…give me plugs for my ears! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Loss to A&M
Beat UF by 2
Beat Arky by 7
Beat LSU by 6
Auburn lead 10-0 in the 4th

GEORGIA BULLDOGS 2021 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!

Bama couldn’t execute in the red zone settling for field goals rather than TDs.

The Georgia defense succeeded in putting much more pressure on Alabama QB.

TMC’s ramt sizes up rather well the status of college football.

As most predicted, a fairly even game. If Bama had been able to score a TD on its final drive (which ended deep in UGA territory with a very long pick 6), we were looking at OT. Too bad that didn’t happen.

The one thing that immediately stands out is Bama’s woefully bad 30 yards of total rushing.
Georgia took away their running game and forced Bama to rely heavily on passing.
Although still pass heavy, UGA had a more balanced attack.

A break here and there and Bama could have won. UGA deserved to win on the basis of their final offensive series.

UGA is going to be good for a long time. They are the standard now until someone knocks them off.

Same was said about Clemson after they beat Bama. Now look at them

1 Like

Right! Someone knocked them off. What also hurt them was not finding a QB after Watson and then Lawrence.

Unfortunately, Bama is going to be even better next year. They get Young and the stud DE Anderson back.

They will likely be preseason number 1 and the odds on favorite to win the title.

Georgia’s future looks pretty darn bright. There’s no let up on their recruiting success.

Noteworthy was how Georgia throttled Bama’s rushing game which declined this season over last year’s squad. I thought Georgia was far and away the more physical team. Watching the Georgia defense reminded me of how Miami played during our halcyon years.