Warning Signs

Cristobal in his post-FSU interview went out of his way to say “Gattis is a great coach and has a great offense”. That sentence didn’t come out as a defense from some media type going after him or Gattis, he literally went out of his way to say that.

I can’t be the only one who was shocked he did this, seems clear he isn’t expecting to get rid of Gattis or has already made the decision he’s not going to.

Man,scary stuff.

Super clear Gattis has got to go IMO, super clear. Like the entire Cristobal hire depends on it imo.

1 Like

Like I said in the game thread- don’t be surprised when he pussies out and doesn’t fire the guy.

He’ll blame it on personnel, attitude and culture.

Gattis could be to Mario as 'Onofrio was to Golden…

1 Like

I highly doubt Gattis is here in January. This is posturing by Mario to make sure Gattis lands somewhere else.

Gattis is toxic
Addae is toxic

Expect a new OC and it wouldn’t shock me to see heavy turn over within the staff.

I’m expecting 35-40 new kids on the roster, too.

Combine it with most of the 2022 class and this team will be extremely young. The anti BYU.

This could mean a similar outcome in 2023 as 2022 if the injuries mount.

2 Likes

I don’t think Mario is sharp enough to “posture” to get Gattis hired elsewhere. I also don’t think he’s dumb enough to retain the guy. My 2 cents is he knows Gattis is shit in his gut but hasn’t put the time in to think about it yet. So he’s defaulting to “praise people” because he doesn’t know what to say.

It’s clear Mario is lost right now. As long as he figures out in the 2 weeks after the season ends that he is clueless in assembling an offensive staff and needs to let his OC handle everything, I’m happy. Just go out and hire a real OC and get out of the way numbnuts.

1 Like

I’ve met Mario. He didn’t come across as stupid.

3 Likes

Not trying to imply he’s stupid, just I don’t see him as some crafty genius that gets the benefit of the doubt on those things.

People gave him that “crafty genius” benefit of the doubt on his 18 week hiring process and well, here we are.

USF just fired Jeff Scott…

Coach speak

Absolutely no way that man can come back here for 2023, like 0%.

1 Like

FYI, multiple talking heads that watched the interview also got the sense from Mario that I did. Scary.

If you haven’t seen it id go watch it. Seemed very much like Mario took a stance on Gattis there.

Notice the lack of D here.

SO THE PLAN SHOULD BE MAKE DUE FOR 3-4 YEARS AS YOU TRANSITION TO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WHICH AT SOME POINT IN THE TRANSITION THERE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM RIGHT?

JUST FOR THE RECORD ON HERE:

NO SIGNATURE……
DEVELOPMENT OF 3 STARS……
SWASEY DESPITE BEING THE STRENGTH COACH THROUGH 2 LOSSES IN 3 YEARS….
HOPEFULLY GOLDEN DOESN’T LEAVE BECAUSE OF THE SANCTIONS……
GOLDEN SHOULD BE FIRED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SANCTIONS……
WE NEED TO RUN A SPREAD OFFENSE WITH ALL THESE ATHLETES….
WE NEED TO FIRE THE SPREAD OFFENSE COORDINATOR….
MANNY DIAZ IS TGE BEST DC EVER……
MANNY DIAZ DOESN’T KNOW SHIT ABOUT DEFENSE….
MANNY DIAZ LOST IN YEAR ONE TO FIU….

SHOULD STORM KEEP GOING?

DOES THIS GUY EVER MAKE A POST THAT IS NOT ABOUT FIRING THE COACH?

LITERALLY 15 YEARS OF “THE CATA” COACH SLAYER….

His actual comment was “Coach Gattis runs a great offense. Offensively it ran really well at Michigan and he was successful at the things he was involved with at Alabama but we’re not there yet from a development standpoint so we have to find a way to generate yards, first downs, and points.”

This doesn’t sound like a glowing review of Gattis’ performance at Miami. This is Mario saying the offense isn’t the issue and Gattis was involved with past winners. I see this as Mario wanting to continue with a Pro Spread and acknowledging in a way that Gattis isn’t performing at the level expected based on past performances.

IMO, the issues have been multiple and the real reason to fire Gattis is his behavior, not his offense.

1 Like

I agree.

There shouldn’t ever be anything close to a glowing review about this offense. It’s been pathetic, no matter which way you want to look at it.

Inept, abysmal, and dysfunctional are all words that describe the offense well.

How so? (said with no tone)

I don’t read a lot of the locker room rumors and stuff, what is the deal with Addae.

This is from a few different people:

1. He doesn’t work hard. One of the first out the door and last in the door.
  2. He isn’t a great X&O coach and kids here don’t connect with him at all.
  3. He isn’t a good recruiter.

Kirby was happy he left from what I’ve seen as well.

Wouldn’t shock me to hear Harbaugh was happy Gattis left. One telling sign, even with Gattis coming on after a lot of the staff was hired he didn’t bring a single GA, Analytics, or staff member. This is telling as he has NO ONE else to help implement his offense. This is one of my bigger issues with Mario as he should of made that a requirement (you need more than one guy to teach others including the staff an offense).

1 Like

Haven’t read any personality issues with Addae but the secondary is a mess. I’ll forgive having weak talent (corner) and a bonehead or two (safety) but it seems across the secondary there are coverage busts at an alarming rate. Outside of tyrique nobody seems to know how to play their position and coverage responsibilities (esp at safety level) are hit or miss. Those aren’t tough concepts either. Is there any teaching or film review going on?

Again one or two bone heads I get… but if the entire secondary is unprepared and clueless there is only one common thread.

Never know what’s what with these rumors…I know Addae’s resume is impressive, GA Des improved last year (could have been natural maturation for a talented bunch) but even before that, those WVU teams and secondaries actually balled out and were rock solid in an offense heavy big 12 while he was there.

I did here he clashed with Smart and defensive coaches.

I also remember reading Gattis didn’t leave on great terms…I have no idea what is what though, you can “hear”. or “read” everything if you look for it long enough though.

I’m a little worried there are so many “coach x is glad Miami hired away this coach”. Kinda wild the ‘vetting’ was so long but apparently not thorough.

Edit: true skeeter, a lot of hearsay and hindsight is 20/20