Virginia Tech

The result of this game provides Cristobal with the opportunity to really rain hell-fire on the team and both his Offensive and Defensive coaches.

Complacency is one hell of a drug and the team seemed to be high on it. He now has a chance to lay into them about the abominable first three quarters.

1 Like

Xereus , I would listen to Sean Payton on Colin Cowherd show. Colin would ask Sean about these types of games. He would tell Colin that losses are never a good thing. He did say you learn a lot and get the attention of your team on bad wins. This game was perfect for Mario. I was told they were worried about the teams focus this week. Va Tech had two bad losses and Miami was rolling. Miami came through.

Bikki, I feel Milroe is the number one reason why Bama will most likely not make the playoffs. Bama lucked out in Mississippi losing today. Texas and UGA are 1-2 in the conference. I had Mississippi in the top group. I continue to be amazed at those who love Kiffin. He cant recruit and his teams always have losses like this.

The first 5 minutes of the game, immediately gave me ohhhhh shit vibes. HUGE lack of effort and execution, almost lazy likeā€¦There is no run game pulse with our team, itā€™s slow and no line run push to be found. Martinez is strong, but sooooo slow to hit holes. Our corners and linebackers in coverage, scare the shit outta me, just constantly getting lost in spaceā€¦I also donā€™t feel we get enought pressure with just a front 4 rush. The quality of teams weā€™ve played so far, I feel most of our pressure is the combo linebacker blitz, not pure line rush. Sooooooooooo much to clean up. Yikes

Letā€™s be really real, like really real hereā€¦that VT offense is straight trash, and we looked lost on defense most of the night.

I couldnā€™t watch the game live, and the ESPN app was bugging out on the replay so I got the final score spoiled for me. I was so upset, but then watching the game my heart was thankful for knowing the outcome.

In the 2nd half we got 3 TDs and they only got 1. Yet it didnā€™t feel like it. It was a tough tough game.

Up 14-7, rolling, about to score another TD but gets picked. That was the play that changed the entire game. Whatā€™s even worse is we had actually made the TD a play before but it was called back on a holding call - not sure if it was a good call but it was inconsequential to the play, i think.

Too many mistakes. I was more worried about Cal next week. I agree with others that this outcome is good for us. This game should set up straight and take Cal seriously. I am strangely less worried about next week now.

Iā€™ve seen teams send the house and get burned for a td in that situation. Itā€™s a double edged sword. Maybe rush 4 instead of three but I like having more guys back. That qb is mobile and if he escapes the blitz you could be screwed.

Miami had the right defense. The receiver was just close to making an incredible play.

Agreed. Donā€™t forget that VTech almost caught a touchdown on the previous play. Miami saw they almost got burned and made sure to pull everybody back so that couldnā€™t happen again.

And it almost did! Except this time there were plenty of Miami jerseys around to break up the pass. Very fortunate that one of them touched the ball while out of bounds.

Iā€™m beginning to agree with the view that Miami needs to have at least a couple of gadget/trick/sleight-of-hand (whatever you want to call them) plays that will set a defense back on its heels .

Bobby Bowden might have a been a wily old hypocrite but you always were uncomfortable when it came to crunch-time in a dogfight with the 'Noles. He would always uncork some wild new play.

We all know that any team playing Miami will employ any and everything they can think of in order to win.

Itā€™s always good when Beamer Ball bites them in the ass. That fake FG was one trick too many.

Running the ball is an attitude. Miami is very reliant right now with Cam throwing the ball. Many of those screens are an extension of the run game. I feel as more teams start to play Miami they will commit to slowing down Cam and the run game will open up.

Smart man. This team has taken years off my life over the last 20 years.

Iā€™ve had too many Saturdays ruined watching that shit. And since it was all self-inflicted, it was easily remedied.

Plus, most football games are very boring. A lot of plays that look like rugby, commercials, timeouts, penalties, etc. Thereā€™s usually about ten or fifteen minutes maximum of a game that are worth watching, the rest is trash.