Van Dyke Unhappy with NIL?

You guys in Florida would probably see this in the Herald. Supposedly Van Dyke “may” consider transferring because his Ruiz NIL deal isn’t making him as much money as it should. Who knows?

However, college football as we knew it is destroyed by paying players and by college free agency. It’s gone.

IF there is any truth to Vany Dyke not being happy and leaving in the next portal window, well…

I may be in the minority here but NIL and the Portal are the worst things to happen to college sports.

1 Like

Does anyone know the details of his NIL agreement?

Sounds to me others are getting in his ear and building resentment for us. This is the new game.

Update- is this it?

think we made a mistake talking him into staying. this is the qb…if he’s not 100% committed, let him walk. f*** the optics of it.

1 Like

I wonder how much truth there was to this story. It would have made zero sense for him to transfer.

Van Dyke was unimpressive last season.

I hate NIL and the insta-transfer. If you want to play pro ball, turn pro.

2 Likes

Van Dyke is good but he had a bad year last year and he’s replaceable. I wouldn’t sweat him staying or leaving.

1 Like

YOU MEAN THE SYSTEM THAT TRAFFICKED PLAYERS?

USED PLAYERS AND THEN GAVE THEM JACK SHIT?

MINORITIES THEY SUPPOSEDLY CARE ABOUT?

WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY THEY MAKE GOING?

WHO OWNS THE UNIVERSITIES AND GETS THE MONEY?

STATES ARE SENDING MONEY TO STATE SCHOOLS MAKING A KILLING…

WHERE IS ALL THAT MONEY GOING?

YOU KNOW THE UNIVERSITIES THAT MAKE REGULAR STUDENTS TAKE MEANINGLESS CLASSES AND KEEP THEM THERE IN DEBIT FOR 4-5 YEARS AND MANY YEARS AFTER?

WHO IS SEEING ALL THIS MONEY?

@Elite80

WHY ARE YOU HIDING FROM THE QUESTION DIAPER FACE CATFISHY?

WAIT UNTIL THE STUGOTZS FIND OUT HOW COACHES ARE PICKED….

HOW AGENTS ARE INVOLVED……

HOW AGENTS WORK IN GENERAL……

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT LAMAR JACKSON……

EDUCATE YOURSELF……

SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO HIM…….

YOU ARE IN THAT SAME SYSTEM YOU JUST HAVEN’T FIGURED IT OUT YET……

WHY DID PENN STATE COVER UP ALL THE CHILDREN THEY LET PEDO DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR MOLEST?

WHY DID SHALALA FCK UM FOOTBALL?

WHO IS PICKING THESE PEOPLE?

WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE GUYS YOU JUST HAVEN’T FIGURED IT OUT YET…….

WATCH DIAPER FACE CATFISHY CONTINUE TO AVOID ANSWERING WHAT HE KNOWS….

Let the NIL situation sort itself out. Nothing starts off “smoothly”. So Van Dyke wants a bigger number…and somewhere in America tonight…some Mama’s boy is sitting on a couch thinking that HE should be dating Taylor Swift or at least be married to Scarlett Johansson instead of to that “loser” Colin Jost.

If the kids can get a penny for their time as college players…may the old gods bless 'em.

Everybody…I mean every-damned-body-else …was making a mint off these kids. From the stinking networks …to video-game makers…to apparel companies …to shoe companies …head-coaches…assistant coaches…university heads…you name it .

When I remember people like "Dr Jack Arute (scumbag) and John Saunders (lowlife and perennial scumbag) …Brent Musbuger (despicable creature)… my stomach turns.

Kids got dragged over the coals for getting so much as free hamburger or crab legs (heh).

Many of us old timers will remember the late Curtis Williams of the Washington Huskies who played under Rick Neuweasel . Paralyzed from the neck down …all the right plaudits came from every corner for a “wonderful young man” …blah…blah .blah. The NCAA and insurance companies put his family through hell . His former Head coach and UW only mumbled from the sidelines.

The old saying of “get while the getting is good”…has never been more apt. That whole …“we are teaching these young boys how to be men…” and “they get the chance to get an education and play in the NFL ..”…is mainly horse-crap.

The people in charge KNEW about brain damage YEARS AGO !! They know most of these kids won’t make it and the degree courses many are steered to won’t even land them a job as dog-catcher.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that self-righteous windbag Mark May and insufferable meathead Trev Alberts… both of them crucified Miami on a regular basis…

Hurricane Kosar’s post, I think nails it. There is something inherently wrong when the highest paid state employees are head football or basketball coaches. Nobel laureates’ university salaries are meager when compared to those of coaches. And, formerly the least compensated persons in the equation were the players, the real talent in the sporting spectacles. It should be clear that football success is more dependent on player talent than coaching.

I don’t think Van Dyke is going anywhere, not after last year’s performance. We should have an improved offense this coming season, and he no doubt occupies the catbird’s seat. Van Dyke is just jockeying for a modest raise.

While I find NIL objectionable, I think its coming was inevitable, and we’ll just have to live with it. Looking forward, I see all football under the threat of the plaintiff bar and class action monetary scalping resulting from severe head injuries. Football is the present incarnation of gladiator games, and the game will ultimately be tempered down by crap lawyers. The whole process I think is fomented by liberal thinking about equity and the further civilizing of humans. Hate to say it, but I think I would have been a season ticketholder in Ancient Rome.