UM vs. G-Tech Halftime

No vertical game. Mood seems lackluster, like looking past this game. No electricity on offensive. Van Dyke circa 2022. Defensive keeping UM in the game. Killer instinct not in their blood yet.

I get the same impression that the team is looking forward, not giving proper attention to Georgia Tech which is playing hard. Van Dyke making some poor decisions, forcing plays. If nobody is open, throw the ball away. I dislike one RB backfields and really have disdain for formations without a RB to protect the QB.

Hope that TVD’s third interception is not a game killer, but things are looking rather grim. You’d think the team would be extra sharp following a bye week.

Huge clock management error in 4th quarter. Should have been in victory formation.

Biggest coaching mistake I ever saw.l Disgraceful.

2 Likes

How. Just how

1 Like

This team is just embarrassing to watch…smh

Minimizing defeat is the sole purpose of Victory Formation. The offense should be ashamed of such stupidity. I’m 80 years old and watched Cane football my entire life. That was the dumbest play I’ve ever seen in my history of watching the Canes.

2 Likes

Wow. Miami should have never lost that game. It’s 100% on the coaches. Complete and utter disaster!

1 Like

The future problem is that this team is renowned for having hangovers after losses. This one will leave a mark that will last a month. Just watch! What a stupid ending.

What do they call this play in the next follies tape? “The worst coaching decision of all time?” Does it get the “snatching defeat from the jaws of victory” moniker. Good lord.

And go canes. Smh

It didn’t work for the Giants and Larry Csonka in 1978 and it’s still not a good idea in 2023 to run plays when the opponent is fresh out of timeouts and can’t get the ball back without your help. Thought we were beyond this but I guess not. I hope the entire nation uses it as a teachable moment. Maybe we’ll learn something too though I’m not too sure.

1 Like

The worst part is how clear it was that Chaney’s elbow was down BEFORE the ball was stripped.

Well, no, the worst part was not taking the victory formation, but that was such a bad call it was ridiculous. Someone’s head should roll for that.

Yes it is on the coaches but how do you fumble when you know they are going to try and strip the ball? Then the Defense just does not show up at the end. Bad by all involved.

That was the coaching equivalent of getting “posterized”. Putrid. That is gonna be infamous for decades.

Looking forward, Mario’s reputation will be strongly tainted as living down such an egregious coaching error will be IMO a lengthy and no doubt a painful process. The second half of this season is substantially more difficult than the first half. Next week, our porous pass defense faces the pundits’ top-rated QB at UNC. Seems to me redemption will be a rather formidable challenge.

For my own part, I have the same sickening, embarrassed feeling I had after losing to FIU and last year to Middle Tennessee.

I still don’t think the rushing game has materialized at Miami. I think we lack the element of deception which is not easily achieved with a one back offense which I have never liked. When you have a rushing attack that instills fear in the opposing defense, the passing game is also demonstrably improved. Yes our offensive line is much improved in giving TVD more time, but I am not impressed by the blocking on rushing plays, and I find camera persons filming our games rarely are fooled by our efforts at being deceptive.

For whatever reason, Miami seemed determined to lose to GT.

Also, Miami’s recent record in games following bye weeks is abysmal.

A moronic call by Dawson made worse by Chaney’s idiocy and defensive backs too in love with their zone to realize someone had gotten behind them.

All moot if only Dawson had opted to take a knee.

The coaches and the players should be forced to run laps until they puke.

Saban: 1:41 left vs Texas A&M with no timeouts passes incomplete! Then run, run, incomplete pass to end game on 4th down

Chip Kelly: 1:33 left vs Wash Stare with one timeout runs the ball. Gets first then kneels

Mario: 1:22 left vs GT with one timeout runs the ball

All yesterday

It’s the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed in the sport of football…the level of fuckery and blatent cluelessness is mind blowing. This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen in football and it’s not even close. I’m still fucking angry, what a fucking circus of stupid fucking events the last two minutes. The snapping the ball at 6+ seconds every fucking down when trying to run clock, to the 3 straight dives that should have been victory knee’s. What in the actual fuck were they all thinking…they as in the entire fucking staff just staring at the raging bomb of dumb shit trying to unfold, and then it did. Fucking amateur hour.