TVD Apparently Starting vs UNC

Ok……question……why?

An irrational devotion to lost causes?

TVD has been terrible so far this year. Garcia should start.

At least all the talk about TVD leaving early for the NFL seems to have ended. I don’t see any team drafting him based on this season’s performance.

I predict a lot of runs into a stacked box plus a bunch of three yard passes to covered receivers.
The chance Gattis opens things up seems extremely remote. He appears to be Dan Enos II.

What we’ve seen so far makes 6 wins look optimistic. We’ll see.

UNC saw what MTSU did to our defense. They have to be salivating.

Still the same OC, QB coach, WR coach?

Then meh, starting Garcia wouldn’t make much of a diff.

I fully expect one of the two to transfer this year now.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Miami is favored by 4 going into this game from what we’ve seen so far this year.

Because they are with the kids everyday, see them practice, and know who can and can’t lead the offense. He must be showing them he has the best chance to run what they want to run.

Based on the way TVD has been “running” this offense, god help us.

I like the move…He earned it last year. Garcia looked good when he first came in the game

Then was all over the place in the 4th.

He gets another 1-2 game shot…Then Garcia should get it if he’s doing everything well in practice.

Yup probably a lock. And may have even happened if TVD played well this year but not well enough to leave.

Happening everywhere, not just UM.

Thanks for posting this. I love it. My description of TVD this season has simply been ‘terribly awkward’. This said it much better.

1 Like

North Carolina can put up a lot of points while at the same time surrenders a lot of points. Their QB does what ours should do. He gets rid of the ball too fast to be sacked. TVD’s deep drops should be fewer in number. He doesn’t handle the rush well, looking slow and awkward.

Football is a momentum game, and momentum is established by rhythmic success. Play the short passing game of flairs, hitches, and screens including a rushing game featuring deception and counters against the flow. If a rhythm of success can be established, it will draw the defense in closer. Then, the deep pass has a better chance to succeed, especially with WRs with superior foot speed. Momentum is the real deal in football, and it is momentum that brings about upsets in the game.

TVD earned his No. 1 spot, and I think Mario is right in starting him. Certainly, TVD realizes, he’ll be yanked early if things start going south. Garcia was great in the third quarter. Not so good in the 4th. I’d like to see Jacurri get a few touches in an RPO scheme.

Not impressed with Gattis. Miami often looks to me like they’re playing in slow motion. I hate deep QB drops early in the game. Rushing ball without any deception into the center of line has certainly been a fruitless effort. Gattis needs to speed things up. Purportedly, our biggest improvement this year was supposed to be in our rushing attack. I continue having no faith whatsoever in our rushing attack on 3rd and short. What a humiliation being stuffed by MTSU in the red zone.

1 Like

Don’t short yourself, this seemed on point as well!

1 Like

SAME AS LAST YEAR……

REMEMBER IN THE RING OF CIRCLE JERKS COACHING CHANGED EVERYTHING……

PAYING BIG MONEY TO HAVE A “GREAT STAFF” CHANGED EVERYTHING REGARDLESS OF TALENT?

NOW EVERYONE ON HERE SOUNDS LIKE STORM…….

AND LOST IN CONNECTICUT “COACH THEM UP” IS TRASH….

FUNNY HOW LIFE WORKS……

Lol…you’re a clown

1 Like

Go watch them. Tailgate. Have fun.

Miami might compete for an ACC title at one point (it’s been almost 20 years and they’ve competed for maybe 2 and lost both) - but they’ll get lucky if they win an ACC title - they’ll never win a NC.

This program is dead.

There’s been a lot of moments worse than this over the past decade. Hell 2 weeks ago was worse than this.

Big offensive improvements today. I’d focus on that. It’s disappointing, but it’s year one and I think we’re heading the right direction.

But it’s been all the bad moments for all these years. At this point I’d rather just buy a parking pass for the game, tailgate, and then go home. Watching this team play for 3 and a half hours is like getting a root canal

“COACHING MATTERS” SKEETER THEY BETTER SCRUB PLAYERS……

JUST LIKE THE “SWASEY HOAX”……

YOU HAVE A DUMBASS THAT COMES ON HERE SAYING TRAINERS CAN’T BE FRIENDS WITH PLAYERS YET NOW ALL THE PLAYERS GET THEIR OWN TRAINERS THEY ARE FRIENDS WITH….

THE “GREAT STRENGTH” GUY AT ALABAMA WAS A FCKEN DRUNK……

NONE OF THAT NONSENSE COMES UP ANYMORE STORM WONDERS WHY….

Good coaches do help coaches improve…This is basic knowledge and indisputable. You can outcoach your talent and there are CLEARLY 1000% coaches who do more with less.

Now do coaches win ships with “scrub players”, especially a lot of them? No, of course not

Both points can be true and you look like an asshole trying to say otherwise.

And then even more of an asshole for talking in the 3rd person.