Trump getting in on NIL

the Trump campaign sent a letter to vendors informing them that “all candidates and committees who choose to use President Trump’s name, image, and likeness split a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC.”

Does he have any eligibility left? :laughing:
This is wild, but not unexpected.

He turned the GOP into a protection racket. :rofl:

My thought too. It screams New York mob.

Isn’t this actually more transparent and fair than what Hillary did to the DNC and down ballots in 2016? At least Trump is informing them and taking a miniscule amount.

I’m not sure if it’s the same. She had the Hillary Victory Fund, which down ballot candidates raised money for, and Hillary very obviously took the lion’s share of that.

Trump also had his own victory fund. Trump also has the Save America PAC and the Make America Great Again PAC.

I don’t think there’s any question that the headline candidate for president gets the majority of these funds. In fact, these down ballot candidates are agreeing to fund-raise specifically for these funds, which is a voluntary process.

Is all of this different from Trump demanding that down ballot candidates kick up 5% of their privately raised funds to him without a prior agreement? I think so.