Travis Hunter flips to Jackson State

Am I dumb for just getting the joke now?

1 Like

I believe the “aTm” logo they’re referring to would actually mean the bank version, not football.

just getting back on topic…it just hit me how bad it would suck to have ‘coach prime’ at FSU. his recruiting potential there scares the crap outta me. he’s way more intelligent and charismatic than Taggart

That’s a good point. Maybe this is an anomaly - but that he could flip the #1 recruit to his school….away from a power 5 program……that is his alma mater?

You can’t make that up.

If Jackson has another 9+ win season next year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a bigger program hiring Deion as HC.

2 Likes

I just wouldn’t want that to be FSU.

2 Likes

Deion is a duh da duh as a coach. He’s name recognition and nothing more. If he ends up at FSU he’ll land the best players in the country but will only be a matter of time before he’s exposed.

think you could say the same for a guy like Kirby Smart. he’s only where he’s at right now because of the talent he assembled. he cannot coach a lick. i would be really worried with prime at FSU…i don’t see us winning head to head battles against him for recruits.

Mario is no slouch when it comes to recruiting and is building a staff full of recruiters so I am not sure I agree with a statement like “i don’t see us winning head to head battles against him for recruits”.

In ant case, it is a lot easier to recruit with million dollars NIL deal offered to a recruit than without. NIL deals are now a recruiting tool just like the facilities, campus, education level and so on. With all the new found supporters of the program, we need to lineup some large NIL opportunities if we want to give Mario a better shot at recruits.

Stanford, Northwestern, USC, UT, ND, Michigan, UCLA have the wealthiest alumni bases of the P5 schools. It only takes a few ultra-wealthy alumni to get a school’s roster NIL deals.

Miami has 3 or 4 Billionaires involved with Athletics. Will they remain involved for 10-20 years or are they looking for one natty.

All that said, UT, ATM, Bama, UGA, OSU have boosters willing to throw money at problems and have so many that they can keep the momentum going.

Here is why I disagree.

After watching guys like Chris Carter, and Micheal Irvin try to coach kids at St. Thomas it was utterly embarrassing. No one would question their understanding of football or their position. The problem with those guys is everything ended with emotional phrases or questioning one’s manhood yada yada yada. Very little technical nuance going on. Then factor in today’s game and what team are doing on both sides of the ball and how to prepare and it’s literately a different game then it was 20 years ago. it’s Chinese to them.

Deion is from the same party. Same antics and same approach. Granted his style will land him players as he is still a name that kids remember but he Is going to have to bring in guys that know football and not just names or it’s gonna end ugly. I actually pray he ends up at FSU. It will most likely ruin a great legacy at the end of his tenure.

2 Likes

Spot on.

prime takes coaching far more seriously than the other guys you named. i think he’s way more intelligent and methodical than those types and doesn’t seem as hot headed.

1 Like