Thoughts on Miami vs Louisville

Predictions anyone?

Miami has jumped on teams, given up momentum early in games, taken some punches, made incredible comebacks. And they’re 6-0.

It certainly feels like every game is a playoff game for UM. They’ve had a bye week to heal and regroup. Let’s hope they find a complete game Saturday.

Last year was a rough loss.

Miami 45 - 38

Go ‘Canes

And just because…

Was lucky enough to see him work his craft.

It’s been my upset call since the season started. After rough outings with VT and Cal, I can’t change it now even with the week off. Louisville had actually lost two straight games recently though. Fell behind at Notre Dame in the 1st quarter by about 20 then lost by 7. Then they lost by another TD vs SMU before saving a game last week at UVA 24-20. Another tough road conference game and probably my biggest worry about it is Brohm vs Cristobal. I just feel like they’ll have some offensive answers for our struggling defense, particularly the secondary and I’m not sure we’ll know how to counter.

I hope I’m not correct though, UL 35-27

I honestly see us struggling again.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised with a loss on the road. I have to see a better Defense before I really believe.

1 Like

My gut tells me they get out to a slim lead (3-4 points) and manage to hold it to the end. No blowout either way. A mini nail biter, only so because Miami doesn’t relinquish the lead, they just seem all game to be on the cusp of doing so. On the low scoring side.

It’s hard to be hopeful because Miami doesn’t seem to do well coming off a bye. Our teams have been a little lazy. I though VTech would be a wake up call and then Cal happened. Was THAT a wake up call?

I doubt the extra week off put a fire under us, so it comes down to work done on coaching fundamentals. Get back to the discipline of few penalties, taking care of the football so not chucking it up like Jacory Harris or forcing anything, and keeping the secondary on task and target.

This team can shine if we tighten up the weak spots. The bye week is the perfect time to drill this stuff and get it working again. But I always worry that the players don’t feel the same urgency.

Beating the Hurricanes requires being able to score points prodigiously because the Hurricanes have the most productive offense in this year’s college football. Va Tech and California revealed that our defense while being able to exert considerable pressure on the QB is subject to chunk offensive plays when opposing QBs manage to elude the rushers. We’ve been burned time and again by mobile QBs. We’re particularly vulnerable to plays around the ends. We’ve seen numerous instances of poor tackling where a missed tackle led to a chunk play that never should have happened. Thankfully, we’ve been a terror during the fourth quarter both offensively and defensively.

I’d like to see the Canes jump quickly on Louisville getting a quick lead in the first quarter. So long as we have Ward, we can put points on the scoreboard fast. Louisville is likewise capable of scoring as witnessed by their close loss to the high-scoring, Lashlee-coached SMU Mustangs. Louisville is regarded by most pundits as our toughest remaining game, but judging from the past three games, we should expect dogfights against all teams left on our schedule. All of them could turn out to be white knuckle affairs.

I think we’ll lose this one because I’m just used to disappointment, but with Cam Ward no game is out of reach.

I’m feeling pretty good about Miami’s scoring chances. Louisville’s defense is not very good/ Their rushing D is ranked #43. Their secondary is ranked #72 in passing yards allowed. Cam Ward and the receivers should have a field day.

For me, the question is Miami’s D… On paper, Miami’s O >> Louisville’s D… and Miami’s D > Louisville’s O.

It shouldn’t even be a game… But it will probably be closer than it should.

It’s hard to say Lville is a good team. They are 2-2 against teams with a pulse and just barely so.

I could be wrong but I think Miami wins by 13+.

Miami is -5.5 points. I think they cover. We’ll see.

I am picking Miami by two tds. To defeat the Hurricanes you must score at least four or five tds. I don’t think Louisville can do it. Their QB is not a mobile QB. This plays to Louisville extreme disadvantage. Miami’s pass rush is among the best in the college game.

Being a Hurricane fan since age ten, or over 70 years, I have become accustomed to losing in the most egregious ways. So, in keeping with tradition, our loses have to be either at the hands of FSU or Manny’s Dukies. Losing to either of them would exact maximum pain and disappointment to Hurricane fans. Losing another one to Ga Tech would also be moderately excruciating.

Cal does that to ALOT of teams.