The silver lining in today’s debacle

Gattis has to be gone after this game.

And we can clean house and get players that want to be here.

I’m optimistic that Cristobal can turn this around.

Just clean house.

This silver lining in todays debacle is that this season is over.

Thank god.

Yeah, I agree.
Each season we are hyped to do more than we are realistically capable of doing and then again fall flat on our faces. I don’t care for Paul Finebaum (he’s an SEC homer) but he’s right to say that we are the greatest fraud in college football each season.

Listen, Mario left a great team in place, number 8 in the country right now. He’s a good coach and I have no doubt he will turn this around. Hit the transfer portal to get HIS guys (Miami guys) and recruit HIS guys as well. It’s clear tonight that we lack the players who have the heart to compete. A lot of them have checked out and have done little to hold up the standard of the U (the standard it used to be). See ya! I think USC took in 19 from the portal. We will be around there for sure.

Miami has just lacked a good coach for a few decades now who knows how to instill culture. Mario knows this. I see a 7 win team next year followed by a 9 win team the following year (based on nothing of course, just me) and then we start competing on a yearly basis. Look at what Norvell did at FSU, this is year 3 for him. Mario can do it.

this has to be rock bottom finally. i don’t see how its possible to get any worse so that is a silver lining in itself.

first thing that has to be done is fire the OC and hire a proven, dynamic offensive mind known for an explosive offense.

need to hit the portal heavy and bring in tons of players that have a different mindset from those of the current roster…they are a lost cause.

Hopefully massive player and coaching turnover. Need Gattis gone yesterday. Ponce can go to analyst. See ya Addae. Deuces to Feld. Rebuild OL, LB, WR rooms in the portal. That’ll be a start.

1 Like

Haven’t learned yet, have ya? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Biggest silver lining at this moment? D.J. Ivey has played his LAST MIAMI HURRICANES FOOTBALL GAME!!! :pray:t2:

Silver lining is Cristobal has more time to recruit with no bowl game.

1 Like

We are going to find out in 2023-2024 if Mario can evaluate talent. It is one thing to sign top classes(Manny and Richt did). It is totally different to sign top classes and develop them to their full potential. The best example: who ever sign Harbour has an elite athlete but he has zero football skills. Runs a 10.2 100 at 6’5 225lbs but doesn’t know the game, does have edge moves to rush the passer… yet he is a 5* kid. High ceiling and low floor.

JW0 is another 5star kid that has a high ceiling and low floor mainly because he doesn’t have a position.

Mario can recruit which is a great start. Can he identify the kids with high floors and even higher ceilings? Can he develop kids with high ceilings? Can he keep landing top 5 classes every year if he doesn’t start winning big next year?

2023- can we pull off a USCw like year? 25 HS kids, 10-15 portal kids, new offense…

2 Likes

TeamU’s top 5 wish list for 2023:

1. Francis Mauigoa- yes
  2. Cormani McClain - yes
  3. Samuel M’Pemba - what if we land Bain or Wilson?
  4. Hykeem Williams - what if we land Dickey or Innis?
  5. Jayden Wayne - yes