Sophome slump?

Through 3 games, TVD has not looked right. I am not just going by his pass completion stats. Let’s be honest–his receivers did virtually NOTHING to help him out. So many dropped balls! That said, he did not seem sharp. Over/underthrowing targets, throwing to wrong spots, and missing the mark.

Are his receivers really letting him down, or is he officially in a sophomore slump?

TWO OF THOSE GAMES ARE IN THERE?

NO TURNOVERS YESTERDAY IS A BAD GAME……

TAKE IT EVERYDAY….

Thanks for making my point. The graphic you posted is mostly from LAST year. It says in plain English:

“Since week 8 last season (8 games)”. That is 6 games from last season, and two against lesser competition. Show me stats for this seasons. Nevermind, I will do it.

To follow the format of that graphic, through three games in 2022,

62.8% comp pct.
223.6 pass yds/game
3/1 TD/INT

Last year he had a QBR of 160.1. This season, He has a QBR of 57.3 and only 3 TDs, and one INT. And that even includes games vs Bethune Cookman and Southern Miss. 57.3!

I stand by my original opinion. “Through 3 games”, he is not sharp. Not nearly as good as last season.

1 Like

WHO WERE HIS WRS LAST YEAR AND HOW MANY YEARS OF CFB DID THEY HAVE?

https://twitter.com/mroh1o/status/1561876535560339456?s=42&t=bSoR93T_rGBl0wZlzK13jw

https://twitter.com/michael_nania/status/1571297398365863938?s=42&t=bSoR93T_rGBl0wZlzK13jw

https://twitter.com/barstoolosu/status/1569019761878790144?s=42&t=bSoR93T_rGBl0wZlzK13jw

DAVANTE ADAMS DOESN’T GET OPEN EVERY PLAY BECAUSE OF “COACHING” HE GETS OPEN BECAUSE OF THINGS LIKE THAT NO ONE OR A SELECT FEW CAN DO….

WILSON IS SCHOOLING NFL DBS AS A ROOKIE….

What does ANY of this have to do with this thread???

WE DON’T HAVE ANY GUYS READY TO PLAY LIKE THAT…

THE ELITE TEAMS THAT DON’T HAVE TALENT PROBLEMS COACHING GETS COVERED BY IT……

WHEN YOU HAVE TO SCRATCH AND CLAW YOU GET EXPOSED….

WE HAVE AN ALL STAR STAFF……

TACKLING?
SPECIAL TEAMS?
PENALTIES?
PLAY CALLING?

WHAT CHANGED?

NICK SABAM YEAR 1 AT BAMA 7-5 LOSING TO A TEAM IN FIU’S CONFERENCE AT BAMA….

HE HAD WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND COACHED THE DOLPHINS WHERE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED….

BUT MANNY DIAZ LOSES TO FIU HIS FIRST YEAR COACHING BURN DOWN THE STADIUM!!!

MARIO LOSES ON THE ROAD TO A RANKED TEAM WHERE A 5 STAR PLAYER SHIT THE BED ON ONE COSTLY PLAY……

IF YOU WATCH THAT GAME AND DON’T UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE AN NFL QB (VERY GOOD ONE) AND YOUR WRS ARE GREEN BECAUSE THEY ARE FR AND SO HAVE AT IT……

Blockquote

1 Like

Best thing you can ever do is put homeboy on ignore

If you take that you have low expectations

And yes for context remember he did what he dis last year against a VERY weak schedule.

But you are deliberately going out of your way to play stupid if you think he looks comfortable. That being said…It happens with a change of system to young QBs quite a bit. The Ponce hire was Luke warm for me to begin with ( I think QB coach should be AT LEAST co-oc if not OC)…But hopefully he can settle him down.

You are lying if you think TVD looks comfortable right now. Have full confidence he will again though, hopefully soon.

UM needs to speed up its passing plays. Watch the pro game. Most of the passes are released within seconds. TVD looks uncomfortable to me. I think QBs need to develop a rhythm in a game by completing numerous passes playing the conservative, short passing game. When a good QB gets into a successful rhythm, good things happen. The defensive charge is constrained. Safeties pull up. Chances for a chunk play increase. TVD often had plenty of time to pass, but A&M did a great job of keeping down field receivers blanketed.

Football is a game of emotion. When a team gets hot, everything seems to fall into place. However, a single play can drop a dark shroud over a team, and I think a case in point was the muffed punt against A&M. I think the play eroded our confidence considerably and was the key play in the game determining its entire outcome. This is not to say our fourth quarter decision making wasn’t faulty, but the muffed punt was a true emotional downer.