Some early names to get excited about

Some point in March/April will get the offensive/defensive boards going…Until then, here are some kids if you guys wanna take a look at some hudls…Just chose random favorites, and I believe all except maybe 2-3 have serious offers…but not attempting to list every kid just yet. We have offered a shit ton of kids on the lines, beautiful.

We all know the Big 6 WR:
Brandon Inniss
Jalen Brown (ATH)
Robbie Washington (ATH)
Andy Jean (UM Commit)
Hakim Williams
Nate Joseph
Also…
Tyson Williams- Lakeland (moved into Lakeland so maybe not a lifelong Gator?). Stud.

RB: 3 big kids that can run…Fletcher’s junior tape closed the gap, but Young a top 2-3 kid in country. UM heavily involved with all 3

Richard Young- Lehigh Absolute Freak…Reminds me a little of Jamal Lewis
Cedrick Baxter- Edgewater
Mark Fletcher -AH.Big step forward junior tape…Had a relationship with Franklin, but UM still near top. Little bit of Derrick Henry in his game

TE
Jaxon Howard- MN
Mac Markway- MO

OL- I’d be lying if I said I have watched every second of every OL tape…But I have a feeling going to sign a monster OL class. Kirkland seems to be a UM lean, and we are all out for Connerly to close out '22 and he’s signing in March

Peyton Kirkland- Dr. Phillips
Knijeah Harris- IMG
Rodrick Kearney- Orange Park
Samson Okuluna- MA
Monroe Freeling- SC
Miles Mcvay- MO
Lucas Simmons- Clearwater International
Landon Hatchett- WA

DL
Reuben Bain- (DL) Central…Build like Aaron Donald…Short for a DE if he stays outside, but unblock able. Near top of board. UM legacy and UM is in the lead.
Malik Bryant- (LB/DE) Jones (Formerly IMG)
Sam Pemba- (DE) IMG
John Walker (DT)- Kissimmee Osceola
Derrick Leblanc (DT)- Kissimmee Osceola
Keith Sampson (DT)- NC
Jayden Wayne (DE)- WA
Jordan Renaud(DT)- TX (Formerly Tampa area)
Darren Reed (DL)- GA
Rico Walker (DE) -NC

LB: Steele’s last defense featured a hybrid (Striker) as most of today’s 4-3s do morphing into a 4-2-5. I expect portal give/take here after spring for UM. How often we have 3 traditional LB on field (if at all? but Steele mentioned 4-3 in his presser) will determine the number

Raul Aguirre -GA Dad played with Cristobal in HS
Jayant Brown AH
Jordan Hall - IMG
Robbie Washington- Killian
Troy Bowles- Jesuit. One of top backers in nation…Dad is the NFL DC. Will have his pick. Old staff was on him heavy and I’m sure Steele and new staff will be as well.
Anthony Hill- TX. High 4 or 5*…Stud. Dad is from Sofl…Can pick any school in the nation.

CB: We supposedly are taking 3-4 more and big fish hunting with Addae.

Cormani Mclain - Lake Gibson (everyone’s top target, loved T-Rob, but mentioned Addae when he was at GA, relationship with DVD also…Dominant HS Player at camps and with pads on)
Malik Muhammed- TX
Domari Brown- AH (Cane legacy, didn’t matter to his brother, who is at UCF)
Javion Toviano- TX
Tony Harris- AL Had great relationship with T-Rob…Will be tough pull from Bama/SEC though.
Rayquan Adkins- Dade Christian
Aaron Williams- CA
Aveion Terrell- GA
Kelton Henderson (ATH)- Lehigh…Projects either side WR/CB/S, flying under radar and kudos to Cristobal for knowing about him and getting him to Prospect Day despite no stars next to his name.
Curley Reed- LA (CB/S)

S
Dameon Fagan- AH
Sylvester Smith- AL One of my favorites

1 Like

It has been years since the Hurricanes have had a dominant OL. I think Mario is right about developing toughness up front. Looking for Mario to bring in the first top ten recruiting class in quite some time. So far, I am impressed by Mario’s taking charge. If the Hurricanes can develop a rushing attack, their offense cannot but improve. It looks like we’ve got some hosses in the backfield. I rather like having two RBs and two tight end formations. Nothing stops a pass rush like having a potent rushing game, plus two backs create more deception than single back offenses.

I believe one of Richt’s was top 10…In all fairness the 2021 class from Diaz has a chance to be pretty damn good…Although technically I believe it was ranked around 12