Skeeter, how big do you see the '23 class being?

I’m not sure it gets to 25? If we’re looking to actually keep under 85 overall by a few so we can maneuver within the portal when someone comes available who we like, I can see us around 22 with this class. I can’t really complain because we’ve had too many years of running at 70-75 due to lack of quality kids that wanted to be here. That doesn’t seem to be a problem any more so this is the better problem to have. I guess we can always find room with attrition and maybe we’re in for more of it than we think when it come to who’s here in fall 2023 but what’s your take on adding a full compliment of prep players?

Can’t see it being 25 or smaller…Who knows though.

So much has to do with portal nowadays it’s probably fruitless exercise…But as of now I see

QB- 2
RB- 1
WR- 3/4
TE- 3
OL- 5/6
P- 1

DT 1-2
DE 3-4
LB 3
CB 2
S 1-2

From this point on, assuming all stick…This doesn’t count portal unless I mentioned it and then you go to portal next spring depending on what we lose in the portal

WR: Dickey, Fowles, Jean, Williams are the current non-committed…Fowles (and this is just my opinion) seems to be the backup plan for the big body/physically developed/YAC type after Dickey, jmo…They will know more about Dickey this weekend and in the coming weeks. And then they will recruit both Williams/Jean til the better end for one additional spot.

Or maybe Tate changes his mind (taking visits, and Rashada is trying to sell him)…But assuming he’s not, I think the above is kinda how it looks. But either way I’d say we end up with 1 more WR with Dickey being the #1 target, and I really believe 2 spots are there no matter who we get

OL: 1-2 more of Okunlulu, Freeling, Ianpulu (sp?), Lew (probably not)…If somehow we strike out on all of them then a flip or maybe juco/portal or circle back around on some of the early targets

DL: I still think Bain is coming…He is acting weird though. His bro is a grad asst…He was on campus all spring. We are are in a great spot for Mpmba as well imo. And his IMG teammates want him at UM. We are all over Damon Wilson and who knows who else. DT Jordan Hall, David Hicks lead the way, then you have some others. This is the one position I’d like to see more names but maybe the big Texas Samoan or the new VA offer are legit. I believe this is a minimum 4 kids combined for 2 positions…And I could see it being even bigger and this is before we even get to portal

CB: Low key great news was D.Brown being at the BBQ. Can’t see there not being 2 CB in this class even if it isn’t Brown. Obviously Mclain will be recruited until the bitter end. Would love Dijon Johnson, but sounds like that flip is coming to UF, not UM.

S: Minimum 1…Still a chance of 2. Bonsu, Hussey, Webb are the main names to know for now

Assuming only obvious depth losses to portal here and then (I.e. no shockers)…The positions I could most see portal help are DT with an outside chance of WR, CB, LB, OL. Then if the shockers or a position gets gutted you replace on a 1-for-1 basis/where you need it.

ALL STORM WILL SAY IS HIS FATHER HAS BEEN CLOSE TO THE PROGRAM FOR YEARS….

1 Like

Yup

I can’t see him anywhere else but UM

Just weird to me…Why not show up today? What’s he have against BBQs? And for such a lock, why not just come on board? (and again I’m not saying this in May…But I think it’s reasonable to ask here at the end of July) Why the drama?

Didn’t the ncaa extend the Covid cap one more year? Thus, 85 isn’t important.

I thought it was no 25 limit to total number brought in this year. 85 remains?

But i may be wrong there. You are definitely right that there was an extension.

:point_up_2:t2:

85 is the only limit.