Seen Enough

Beyond a joke. I get sometimes these games can be close. But it wasn’t close. Not the entire game. It was like they didn’t want to be there.

Bolden regressed

Williams started a good bit last year, and Kinchens played a lot. And as bad as they were against MTSU, they’ve improved since.

Offense much bigger problem than safeties

It happens more than you think in CFB

And it happens quite a bit with a new regime…It’s like they have to learn how to prepare for a shitty opponent just as much as a bad opponent, and diff opponents prepare in different ways.

That’s in no way a defense, because that was disgusting, and you should still be able to come back and win. What was most frustrating besides deep balls given up (which I think shocked the shit out of Kevin Steele) was repeatedly running into the line and not gaining an inch.

1,000% right. But clearly - we have Better players. Michigan and A&M had better players than App state.

It’s the old “who wants it more” conversation

And lack of prep no doubt

And injuries

“Bad spot” is a real thing…But that wasn’t even a terrible one imo…I guess a little btw TAMU and UNC

I mean (and he isn’t the only injury, nor should it have been totally irreplaceable) if I would have told everyone here that Zion Nelson plays about 10 snaps all year…I think we all would have lowered expectations by about .5-1 wins? Well we’ve had Nelson and then a shit ton more

And I know that isn’t MTSU specific…Just saying, nightmare year on all fronts. I do think some things need assessed offensively, but I think we can improve big time next year with Van Dyke under center.

Yep.

I can’t believe we’re having a civil conversation. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Any word on TVD?

People seem to say Garcia doesn’t do that in practice. I think he makes questionable decisions and the coaches harped on him all week because they knew a turnover or two and game is an immediate loss. I think that effected his confidence/timing which affected his throwing.

He’s better than we saw. Still scary that he’s capable of that performance tho. Also scary that putting a reasonable leash on him makes him go into a hole like that - wtf have these coaches not been giving him risk feedback behind the scenes?!

This offense and it’s inability to scheme guys open is fucking bad tho. No ambiguity there. It’s gotta go. Players know it, fans know it. If Cristobal had sense/ethics he’d offset the firing with his salary and move on. Probably has to let Ponce go to - QBs seem really unrefined considering what they have to work with. Sounds like Jacurri is spraying the ball all over like Tate Martel which explains why they aren’t using him to pass and when he did he threw it into the dirt . He sounds like a complete non-start for Miami long term at QB. I’m super concerned that coaches seem to be continuing to speak so highly about him electively to the media.

Gattis/ponce gotta go. Hopefully that retains TVD at least, they likely lose Garcia and frankly should boot Jacurri meaning we need a decent transfer to cover as Rashada isn’t going to be ready. Kind of a mess actually.

Lastly, Cristobals job resides on this Gattis replacement. No doubt about it. Must get it right. Don’t get it right, you lose too much and lose too much time and the entire house falls apart. Donors stop giving money for NIL…recruiting wains. It’s over.

This may be the most critical part. People were so hopeful, and expectations were high. And now, all that good will is out the window. The margin for error went from thin, to razor thin… Just like you said… if the wins don’t come, the money stops, and it’s curtains.

All I give him is there some arm talent. We’ve seen that in some spring games and against Bethune and the early MTSU throws…But he looks bad in some ways that are very scary. Has time to improve…But I think we should be seeing more from him at this stage. That performance against a midpack VA defense was disgusting, as was the 4th quarter against a worse Duke defense. It’s ok for frosh to come up short, but he hasn’t shown a pulse in these two games imo.

Coaches can unintentionally knock down a kid’s confidence. Yes…we’ll say ….“it’s not a game for the faint of heart …etc.etc…” …but it happens…in all sports. The kid goes elsewhere …and then you have to do a double-take because he/she’ s not playing like the one we knew.
It’s just plain impossible that every team to which Miami has lost …had more talented players …or even …dare I say it…better coaches. There seems to be …IMHO… a horrible disconnect between these coaches and their players. Is everyone just wrapped too tight ?! :roll_eyes: