Scott Frosted

Here’s a guy that 3 years ago was considered a genius, every team with an open job wanted him. Nebraska signed him for big bucks, all was well.

Three years later, he is summarily fired after Nebraska somehow managed to lose to Georgia Freakin’ Southern in Lincoln. Wow!

Just goes to show you that nothing is a given in college football.

2 Likes

Really goes to show that good HC isn’t so much about Xs and Os…have to be a fantastic executive.

1 Like

Not a fan of Dani Sweeney - but he was right after asking about Al Golden’s firing:

It’s not a far walk from the penthouse to the outhouse.

He gets a 15 million buyout. If Nebraska would have waited until October 1 it would have dropped to 7.5. Nebraska plays Oklahoma thus this weekend and no matter who the coach is they would not beat Oklahoma. Then no game until October 1 so a dumb financial move in my book. Should have waited to fire.

1 Like

At least thats what i am hearing.

Hiring an “up and comer” seems to be a complete crap shoot.

and here I was hoping he’d get a 20 year extension!! :joy: :joy:

:point_down:t2:

:point_down:t2:

LOST IN CONNECTICUT IS ROLLING OVER IN THE SHADOWS OF THE INSIDE THE LOCKER ROOM GRAVE……

WE SHOULD JUST NAME THIS THREAD STORM WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE FCKEN TIME WE WERE FIGHTING HIM……

THE “COACH THEM UP GANG” HAS FINALLY BEEN EXPOSED AS FRAUDS HUH?

Frost could not get his guys to work on the details. He lost 20 close games because the team was not buttoned up. Special teams was a crap shoot every game. As if they just worked on it on a Friday as an afterthought.

Also, you have to know what your good at and go with it. Nebraska has big people who can go forward. When you have that advantage over other teams you have to use it. Frost refused. He hated to run the ball. He wants to be known as a passing coach. Fine, go to a school who has no choice but to throw. But when you have the advantage of weight and your up 2 scores in the 4th then run the clock out. Too many times Frost teams would go 3 and out and run 23 seconds off the clock several times in the 4th quarter. Unacceptable. Now we do not need to run the option again but if no one is watching your QB then you run the QB until they stop it twice.

Hey I like Leach and what he has been able to accomplish with less talented teams. Frost was much closer to Leach then people were lead to believe. Frost Ran the option at Nebraska but his first choice was the play QB for Bill Walsh at Stanford in 1993-94. Only after he washed out at Stanford did he come to Nebraska to run the Option because he himself could not throw the ball. Frost was not who people thought he was. Nebraska needs to stop looking in the past. Those 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s were great times. But now is the time to look for a leader who can build a program and be willing to use the tools available to the state of Nebraska the way Wisconson has, Iowa has, and K-State has. None of those schools should have out done Nebraska with the Nebraska playbook.

I played with Trev Alberts who is the new Athletic Director for Nebraska. Trev was always more advanced in his thinking than the normal football player at the time. Older than his age. Will be interesting to see what direction he goes in. I wonder if Matt Campbell from ISU is on the list. I have already heard the name Urban thrown around there from fans. What a poor choice that would be at this time. Might as well put in Lou Holtz name out there. Maybe Gruden is up for the challenge and in need of a job. :joy:

2 Likes

I always disliked Trev Alberts. As a broadcaster he was a biased, dyed-in-the-wool Miami hater and he did not even pretend to hide his bias.

Him and Mark May…

Interesting post, Omaha. Tom Osbourne made me like Nebraska. When Osbourne decided to go for a two point conversion rather than settle for a tie which would have landed him the National Championship, I thought he made a courageous decision. As Bear Bryant said, a tie is like kissing your sister. Osbourne was a sportsman and did win a national championship which he eminently deserved.

College teams must first win in the ranks of recruiting to vie for the NC. Nebraska recruiting has to be improved. Clearly Frost was no Mike Leach. Nevertheless, few places are more football crazy than Lincoln on fall Saturdays.

Speaking of Leach. Had Miami hired Leach, we’d have won several more NCs by now. With South Florida talent and Leach’s personality, the stadium in Miami would have been sold out just as happened in Lubbock, Pullman, and now in Starkville. Three times Miami rejected Leach and hired the wrong guy.

1 Like