Saban Retires

The GOAT hangs it up at 72. Hell, Bear Bryant didn’t even live to see 70.

Replacement?

Dabo?
Smart?
Kiffin?

I can’t see Smart leaving UGA. He is the King in Athens. They would match any offer to keep him.

Dabo … maybe, he had an off year, might be looking for an exit ramp. He’s a Bama grad. $8M buyout, apparently.

Kiffin had a great year, but can’t see him wanting to coach at Bama. Maybe?

Lanning? Mario’s successor at Oregon. Coached at Bama and UGA. $20M buyout???

Norvel? Seems like a long shot but maybe? Would be a real shame if he left FSU.

He doesn’t like the new transfer rules. Good riddance. Was getting tired of that little tyrant.

PETE CARROLL ALSO……:thinking:

Saban sees the direction that college football is going and wants no part of it. I don’t blame him. HUGE job opening though.

1 Like

I actually give him credit. Most coaches stay too long. He gets out while he was still having success.

NIL and new transfer rules evened out the playing-field. The age (and advantage) of the “bag-man” is over …the time of everyone getting paid has come (sorry…couldn’t help but go Lord of The Rings).

Saban liked absolute control …the new climate has taken that away from him. For better or worse kids can now make their own decisions about the directions of their college-playing career and not be held hostage by their current teams.

1 Like

Or, maybe it’s simply that he is 72 and has finally had enough.

He has done just fine the last few years with NIL and the transfer portal in place. Came within a TD of winning another NC this year.

I agree - he lost control. NIL collectives can’t be controlled by the head coach.

206-29 record
11 SEC Championships
6 National Championships

Wasn’t what I wanted. I wanted him to leave LSU for the Dolphins after 2004. And he did. Dave Wannstedt was ruining the team at the time but the NFL ain’t college. He was 15-17 after two years, had no QB and he was miserable. Mal Moore talked him into taking the Alabama job. A job that frankly, not a lot of people wanted after 2006. They hadn’t won much after beating us in 1992 for the NC. I’m no Alabama lover. Knowing what I know now or even after about 2009, I wish he’d just stayed at LSU after 2004.

The Dolphins?

Still Looking for their next Shula.

PETE CARROLL RETIRING……

IS BILL RETIRING?

LETS SEE HOW MANY MORE……

:point_down:t2:

LOOK AT DIAPER FACE CATFISHY LYING TO PEOPLE….

Coincidence that Belichick is also leaving. Probably 2 of the best football coaches in a matter of hours. Were are my conspiracy theorists.

Named in the Epstein docs? I kid I kid.

For the love of Heaven…can you just STOP with this !!! That is how kids in the 2nd grade behave. Here is where adults try to have conversations.

Madstork …no one is saying that what he has done will not stand but IMHO the changing landscape accelerated thoughts of retirement.

We know Mike Slive and the SEC in general hated the fact that FSU,Miami and Okla. were college football’s premier teams and that the old “blue-blood” SEC teams were playing catch-up at the turn-of-the-century. We know that he turned a blind eye to their recruiting violations in order to get the SEC to the top.

From the Albert Means scandal …to Trooper Taylor and Phil Fulmer… to Patrick Peterson …to Urban Meyer…the bagmen for the SEC ran wild …with only light taps on the wrist. The NCAA played it all down …but would loudly blast any rumor or incident about Miami or FSU.

Yeah…and he had no right playing in that game to begin with…so chalk that up selectors being in the bag for the SEC.

Elite80… ignore Stormfront’s antics.

1 Like

HE IS A BITCH AND HE LIES….

HE IS A DIAPER FACE VACCINE PUSHER……

AND HE SHITTING ON BILL IN HIS PASSING THREAD……

HE WISHED CANCER ON BILL AND STORM AND STORM HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIM….

SO MAKES SINCE NOW?

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHO STORM TALKS TO LIKE THAT….

ASK HIM WHO OWNS THE UNIVERSITIES THAT ARE HIS CLIENTS?

SEE IF HE ANSWERS….

He definitely had a right…He beat Georgia

THEY BEAT A SHIT TEAM (AUBURN) ON BASICALLY A HAIL MARY THAT THE WR GOT WIDE OPEN……

IMAGINE THAT……

WHO DID GA BEAT?

Can do this for every team

Stop making a fool of yourself cunt.

Imagine if Miami had hired Saban away from the Dolphins in 2006. Instead, dumbass Donna made an affirmative action hire and the team has yet to recover almost 20 years later. She also hired Coker and Golden. A string of disasters.

EPSTEIN IS AT IT AGAIN! :page_facing_up:

:rotating_light:STEPPED DOWN IN THE PAST 24HRS BIGGEST WAVE YET! :rotating_light:

EPSTEINS LIST❌
:boom:NFL PATRIOTS BILL BELICHICK
:boom:PETE CARROLL HEAD COACH SEATTLE SEA HAWKS
:boom:NICK SABAN COACH ALABAMA
:boom:NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL COACH CHARLES FANT
:boom:CANTON FOOTBALL COACH CASEY BESS
:boom:DP WORLD CHIEF EXECUTIVE PELLEY
:boom:HUG FOOTBALL COACH DOUCETTE
:boom: NORTHERN GIRLS SOCCER COACH SETH LEEMAN
:boom:BERRY ACADEMY FOOTBALL CHRIS REDDING
:boom:MARYLAND GOVERNER LARRY HOGAN
:boom:CEO OF R&A