Recruiting Board: Apologies for taking posts down (UPDATE: Back up in next day or 2!)

Take it up with dallascanes

There’s always a rivals or 247 subscription and some twitter sources and of course hudl available. I do enjoy doing it for the board though so let Dallas know if you enjoyed reading them and would like access.

Dallas knows what I need if he would like me and my recruiting updates/info back.

When Dallas was taking suggestions about constructing this board, one of the few I offered was “lose the Shelter completely and immediately delete any political posts from the other sections”.

The Shelter just attracts crazy people and leads to bad feelings among regular posters. But, no, he knew better.

The old board is still up, I believe. Would seem a perfect place for futile political debate and name calling, etc.

Supposedly, this is a UM sports board. We should keep it that way. There are plenty of other venues to engage in pointless political “debates” such as they are.

Skeeter is about the only person who regularly posts in the recruiting forum. He keeps track of this stuff and follows it pretty closely. Apparently, because of some dispute about his posts in the Shelter being censored, he is now refusing to post here.

How does that make the board any better?

Maybe, Dallas can reconsider and simply delete the Shelter. It doesn’t belong on this board IMHO.

2 Likes

WELL SINCE THIS POST IS STILL UP HERE IT MUST MEAN WE CAN ANSWER IT……

IT IS GOING TO BE WAYYYYYY BETTER SOON….

THIS IS WHY THE COUNTRY AND WORLD IS WHERE IT IS….

IMAGINE CARING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON’T HAVE TO VISIT TO THE POINT OF ELIMINATING IT FOR OTHERS……

BECAUSE YOU DUMB MFERS SCREWED YOURSELVES……

STORM HAS HAD ACCESS AND NOW WILL HAVE EVEN MORE ACCESS FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 4 YEARS……

BUT HEY KEEP LISTENING TO NONSENSE FROM CONNECTICUT……

Totally agree. Also agree that Skeeter is the only one who actually brings info to this board - especially on the recruiting side. If he is not posting there is little reason to even come to this board.

Forums should not censor anyone. You don’t like what I write - press ignore me and be done with me. Once anyone takes it upon themselves to regulate a conversation than it is no longer free speech and become a totalitarian regime. I’ll pass…

1 Like

Agree…Take it up with @dallascanes…Let alone an asshole doing so at their convenience for fairy tale reasons after they draw out a bullshit arguement for 6 days…And also when they delete a post meant for someone else

I hate you guys.

51 is supposed to have you on ignore from now on. I’d like for you to do the same, please. It’s obvious you guys hate each other and nothing will change that. No point in both of you even trying to converse with one another. He’s not supposed to touch your posts from here on out, especially in the Shelter.

Honestly I don’t check the forum much in the off-season so I’m sorry it took a while to get back. I usually just pop in and run updates.

Normally I agree, but I had a dumb idea to let BrowardCane post again just to see if he learned anything. I gave him the spiel and said it would be a short leash. Within minutes he was using racial slurs which I don’t tolerate so now he’s perma-banned.

OK…But people are here by your invite and no one here is using racial slurs

And if you set a rule on any type of language that is up to you and I would have to follow it. I don’t think that rule is needed personally and I’m not the only one using foul language (using language as an example)…But if it came from you on that front or another rule, I would decide if I want to follow and…when in Rome.

My point is I won’t be on a message board where a piece of shit like him is allowed to use judgement calls and twist the criteria to have fun with his little moderator button and delete posts when he feels like it. He’s a sick person. The posts weren’t redundant and one of them was even addressed to you…And he still deleted it.

So are you saying I have your word he will not be able to delete one of my posts? @dallascanes

I’ve never given a shit about foul language. Get your fill. Personally I don’t like the “n” word or Broward was using a Jewish slur. That’s like one of the very few rules I have for the board.

Yes, you have my word. Just please ignore each other. Nothing good comes from you two conversing.

2 Likes

OK…Thank you sir and I’ll hold you to it.

Chalk this up as a win for the good guys.

Gimme a day or 2 guys and I will have the posts back up, updated for some recent commits and news. Thanks and apologies for those who enjoy this board.

2 Likes

Bump for clown 51

Owned

Crickets

Bumped again for the faggot 51

Dallas, What is lacking in the Stormshelter are rules for discourse similar to decorum rules in a court of law. Generally, here’s how I’d phrase it:

In the Storm Shelter, comments are intended to be a forum for civil discourse bearing on the subject under discussion. Commenters who stray beyond the bounds of civility or employ what we deem gratuitous vulgarity in a comment — including, but not limited to, “s***,” “f***,” “a*******,” or one of their many variants — may be banned without further notice in the sole discretion of the site moderator.

This is an odd statement coming from you considering you don’t believe in censorship.

I object to censorship of ideas, not civil discourse.