Ranked #13

In both polls, moved up a couple of spots.

TAM game should be interesting but I’ll be surprised if Miami wins.

I guess it comes down to how bad TAM really is.

Kiss of death.

Line is -5.5 TAMU iirc. So expecting a close game. Establishing the run will be important but I think we give up a lot of yards in the short middle of the field. Gonna be a frustrating game to watch IMO. Outcome will be decided on how many blown coverages we give up to stuff like Achane one a wheel.

Miami coaches need to study the App State game. App State had A&M’s QB running for his life. QB King had a game rating in the 30’s Most of A&M’s yardage was accumulated on dink and dump plays. App State offensive line repeatedly dominated the game blowing A&M off the ball. Also, Jimbo got outcoached.

If Miami plays as it did during the second half of the USM game, we can win it. However, I kind of wish A&M would have beaten App State, because Jimbo’s seat was on fire after the loss. IMO, the game will be determined by Miami’s pass rush.

1 Like

App state averaged just over 3yards per play for 40 mins. They also converted a bunch of 4th downs, forced some key turnovers, and atm missed a FG to tie. Overall, app states game plan would be nearly impossible to duplicate.

Miami needs to run when they have 7 in the box and pass when they have 8. Score more than 21 and we should win. On D, be extremely conservative and force ATM to execute long long drives with an average of 3yards per play. Focus all energy on containing the RB who runs a 10.1 100.

1 Like

No ranking matters. Especially ours, after playing average at best against horrible teams.

Not anymore. Maybe 23rd-ish.

Too bad, that was a winnable game.