Pleasantly Surprised

Didn’t watch the game, but 27-20 in Tally is respectable. I was expecting a blowout loss.

Hopefully, Williams isn’t too badly injured. Didn’t have a great game (8-23?) but played well enough to win it.

TVD had it set up for him to have a Hollywood ending but of course, he threw a pick instead.
He shouldn’t see the field again unless every other QB is too hurt to play.

Anyway, we would have preferred an upset victory but a seven point loss in Tally is a victory of sorts and won’t hurt recruiting like a blowout loss might have. A narrow, away game loss to #4 FSU feeds the “Miami is almost back” narrative.

1 Like

B QB, C+ Safety, B playcaller. If we had those things team would be very dangerous.

1 Like

Without a good qb why would any receiver or te go to Miami. You need someone to throw you the ball.
Miami needs a qb that is a threat.

It seems like Williams is probably too hurt to play? Left arm injury? Probably a fracture/sprain or a dislocation of some sort. Given the way the 2nd FSU defender jumped on the pile after Williams was down, one would have expected a flag since the refs are supposed to protect vulnerable QB’s. But, it’s Miami so …

Brown or TVD? I say let Brown have a start and see how he does. TVD is gone in two games anyway and has played terribly this season. Ironically, on his last pick, his favorite target, who he seldom looks off, was open. He threw to the wrong guy again.

Might Williams qualify for a medical redshirt if he is out for the rest of the season?

I think the jury is still out on Williams; a true freshman, only his second start (both last minute). At least he doesn’t make many mistakes which is no small thing. He might evolve into a very good QB given some more game experience.

1 Like

I’m giving Mario one more season.

If things don’t improve next year I will personally fly the banner myself

People are being too hard on Mario.

Yes, he messed up with coordinators Year 1. He took a step to fix that, and the jury’s still out on Dawson.

Mario did wonders for the line. This is a much better team than it has been. Really, with erratic QB play, it’s hard to blame CMC. I say let him keep coaching and bringing in his players.

2 Likes

Gotta find a qb with a pulse

Williams has a compound fracture. Out til spring.

TVD is likely to start the next two because Brown doesn’t want to play unless both are hurt. Personally, brown should be a TE assuming he can block and catch.

Miami needs a few things:

1. Leave acc
  2. QBs- 2-3 from the portal
  3. Better WRs- not just the 3 freshmen. We need a 6’5 stud
  4. Healthy RBs
  5. Healthy DEs
2 Likes

Been a couple years of our recievers not getting seperation. That isnt great for any qb.

It’s hard to get separation when CB’s don’t even need to worry about a pass past 15 yards.

I don’t think WR’s are the issue. A good QB would solve that. It’s amazing how open receivers get when the whole route tree is a threat, play-action works, etc.

I’m already out of Emory. Times have changed. You gotta be ready year 1 now in CFB and NFL. We have talked about this for two decades but it’s pretty rare to see a QB make a huge improvement.

1 Like

Jesus Christ they’ve neutered us

Nah, that’s just not being a homer. It’s okay to realize when your team is not top-10 material, and it’s okay to be proud of fighting hard in a close loss against a national title contender.

i felt the same way in 98 or whenever.

2 Likes

Miami won’t buy out Mario after investing as much as they have.

Honestly there’s no point. With Mario we have a very wealthy booster connection. It would be stupid to burn that.

1 Like

Honestly, if TVD has his mind right and he’s playing like he did under Lashlee or even the TAMU game, we are an undefeated team this year. Really.

We did seem a bit dead to start the game but I was surprised that we did not get blown out just because that’s what I am used to seeing.

Still a loss to FSU but I was pleased with the fight in us.

Miami lost 4 games by a combined total of 34 points; by 20 points in 3 of the losses.

NC State away was the worst loss; 14 points.

Doesn’t seem like the team is all that far away. The roster is definitely better than the shytshow Mario inherited from Diaz.

If TVD hadn’t completely nosedived this season, Miami might be undefeated.

Jesus Christ- I’ve been hearing this 3/4 year plan since 2005 when I joined the original board. It’s always the same story. It’s always the same mediocrity.

This program, and I’m very sad to say this, will NEVER be elite again. It’ll always be just outside the top 20 90% of the time and ever year or 2 they’ll sneak in and get their ass kicked in a bowl game.

What a sad state we’ve sunk to.