Pitt game thread

Weak targeting call. Technically it’s the letter but was just a form tackle in bad position. They gotta fix those calls. Ridiculous to eject someone for accidental targeting.

DBs have given up. They step wrong on a route and walk the rest of the play. Embarrassing.

2 Likes

Just checked the score, 28 love to a decent, not that good Pitt team looking like about a 40+ point loss at home. Miami will be lucky to score 10 points.

Not unhappy on two fronts. First, no stupid bowl game. Secondly, Tan Enos has to be toast.

Hopefully, Mario finds a OC that can actually put points on the board. Hard to win games when you are averaging only 20 points/game or less against any team with a pulse. The DC hasn’t been so good either.

Miami only played one good game all season, GT. The rest were either bad or really, really bad.

1 Like

We’ve all seen bad Miami teams in the past…but I can’t for the life of me…remember any this bad.

Dollar to a doughnut …take the coaching staff from any MAC team …and have them coach this same team for one night only …they’d come up with better schemes and more points than this clown-show.

5 Likes

It’s not close. Worst team in well over 40 years.

We left at halftime.

It’d be more fun to just buy a parking pass and tailgate the whole game.

Thank god this season is over

Second run, he gets 3-4 yards at the goal line but walks off hurt.

Oh the irony, Mario’s number one choice was Jason Candle for OC. it would not shock me at all to see Jason as OC next year. Jason has one year left on his contract and gambled on himself and his staff for 2022. He took a pay cut and is now in 1st in the MAC. We shall see if the new AD and President at Toledo give him a new contract.

Have to agree.

Worst offensive coaching
Worst talent evaluation by prior staff
Worst luck with injuries
Worst decision to play injured
I could keep on

1 Like

It’s really quite amazing how bad Miami was relative to expectations this year.

If you bet against Miami and the spread this year, you won almost every game.

Miami had the worst margin against the spread in the country.

The betting market couldn’t adjust to the horrendous nature of this team to the extent it needed to.

1 Like

Just to put things in perspective, in JJ’s first year at Miami, 1984, coming off a NC under Howard, virtually everyone wanted him fired because of the losses especially the epic Maryland comeback and Hail Flutie which happened on consecutive weeks at the end of the season. They finished 8-5, losing to Maryland after being up by 30 points at halftime, allowed the stupid Hail Flutie to happen by only rushing 3, lost to Michigan when Kosar threw 6 picks downfield instead of taking all the underneath stuff that was there all day, got blown out by FSU and lost the Fiesta Bowl to UCLA.

This season was fugly. TVD got hurt and the OC was a bad hire. I’m not death on Mario yet. Might be if he retains Tan Enos though.

I predicted at least 7 wins as the floor unless TVD got hurt which lowered the floor considerably. If Miami had any offensive output, they would have won 7 to 9 games like most of us expected. If a team can’t score and can’t keep the opposing offense off the field, it won’t end well.

Hopefully, a lot of the Diaz’s JAGs will opt to leave, the recruiting class is great and the transfer portal offers upgrades. All the top teams that win consistently simply out talent their opponents for the most part.

This expression is now obsolete due to Biden-flation. :grinning:

Whaaaaat tf has been going on there. TVD throwing shoulder injury and they’ve trotted him out twice to pull him after a series. Unbelievable.

1 Like

I have never been less interested in the Canes. If Mario retains Gattis I am out completely. Looking for new schools to root for sadly.

I can’t imagine him retaining Gattis.

My guess would be four new coaches.
DB, LB, OC, Plus one on O

It’s too bad we couldn’t have kept Lashlee. He was solving our offensive problems like no one else before him.

I’m just afraid Gattis will be let off the hook because TVD was injured most of the year. Nevermind the gross incompetence of letting him play most of the season injured, and putting him back in to aggravate the injury TWICE. I’m sure TVD got most of the first team reps practicing for Pitt. The second he went down we had no preparation left.

Sadly I’m willing to be Gattis is retained.