Other commits: TE Reid Mikeska, WR Colbie Young, QB Emory Williams

Are these guys legit UM takes? What’s anyone know about them?

https://miami.rivals.com/commitments/football/2023

Emery Williams looks like Trevor Lawrence. He’s almost 6-5 and weighs over 200 lbs and is still growing. He has good arm and exceptional accuracy throwing the ball. He attended Milton HS near Pensacola and is running below the radar. I would regard Emery as a good project choice who may develop into a winner, not nearly athletic as Jacurri but a much more accurate arm, and he has thrown few interceptions. His HS stats are not nearly as impressive as Jacurri’s. However in an Elite 11 competition in Baton Rouge featuring Arch Manning, Emery finished 6th among entrants. In a Golden Gun competition, part of another Elite 11 competition, Emery finish first. He was heavily recruited by the local University of West Florida who won a recent Div 2 National Championship and was runner up in last year’s NC game. UWF Coach Pete Shinick is an excellent appraiser of talent and developed QB Austin Reed who threw for 523 yards and 6 TDs in the Div 2 National Championship game. Apparently, something about Emery also compelled UM to offer him a scholarship.

@TMC TMC:

Some brief thoughts. I like Emory Williams and his stock is on the rise. Love his ball placement…I’m not QB expert but to me he is a take and a top 25 caliber QB in this class (I mean on the heels of 3 straight top 15 rated QBs…It’s usually Alabama, OSU types who can do land one EVERY SINGLE SEASON)

Mikeska- Fierce blocker against what appears to be big kids/good football…I wouldn’t rule out OL with him. I’ll trust Cristobal’s opinion on a blocking, physical TE either way. I am not positive Clemson didn’t force him out of his commitment, but the consensus seems to be both CU/OU both wanted him and the other schools listed weren’t slouches either. Not ranked highly, but the schools involved say otherwise. I don’t think he’s a dynamic player…I like that he doesn’t look stiff, but he is obv not a burner at that position.

Colbie Young- Looks surprisingly good to me…He is in for this fall…Class of '22 reclassified. Slid through cracks playing in upstate New York. I wouldn’t rule out TE but for now let him compete at WR He can help imo, and we have only 8 WR with really only Ladsen and a true frosh Horton being 6’3/6’4 types (and Ladsen seems more deep threat than physical player) .