Official: ACC divisions end after 2022. FSU/BC/Louisville are our annual games in 3-5-5 format

The other ten schools are played every other year. At least we get Clemson every other year now. VT is also every other year. For some reason, I thought all four teams in a group would play one another but that’s not the case. Here’s everyone’s yearly rivals:

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse
Clemson: FSU, Georgia Tech, NC State
Duke: UNC, NC State, Wake Forest
Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse
Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest
Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia
Miami: BC, FSU, Louisville
North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia
NC State: Clemson, Duke, UNC
Pitt: BC, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Syracuse: BC, FSU, Pitt
Virginia: Louisville, UNC, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest
Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

Not really all that married to UL and BC. Wanted Clemson every year this is what we’re getting. I guess it’s about balance - no Duke/UVA every year but no VT either. FSU goes on as it should and we can pick up more games with Clemson, NC State, Wake and the rest we didn’t usually get to play. Syracuse will be every other year too. What do you think?

Bye, bye Coastal division!

1 Like

Willing to see how it plays out. As an alumni in New England, BC makes me happy bc it’s close. Other games also won’t be once a decade for me.

Happy to see the league try to be nimble. Any real gripes would be personal, not getting even more close games.

1 Like

The other ten schools are actually twice every four years, not necessarily every other year. It’ll average that but we’re supposed to have home and home with all schools over four years if they’re not the permanent rivals.

Not sure how we got Louisville as the permanent one? I’m sure Georgia Tech and Virginia are asking the same question. They were the Maryland replacement school and have been in the Atlantic since they’ve been here and yet for permanent rivals they’re handed three old Coastal schools. Go figure that one out.

Yeah, I don’t like Louisville being there for tradition reasons.

Difficulty wise it may not be the best though we could have gotten worse.

Miami’s ACC opponents for 2023 Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia
Away: Boston College, Florida State, North Carolina, NC State

Miami’s ACC opponents for 2024 Home: Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Pittsburgh
Away: Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, Wake Forest

Miami’s ACC opponents for 2025 Home: Louisville, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech
Away: Boston College, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Virginia

Miami’s ACC opponents for 2026 Home: Boston College, Florida State, Syracuse, Wake Forest Away: Duke, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech

Worth noting that in 2024 we’re at Notre Dame, at Florida and at Clemson too.

Hard to put too much emotion into this as I am sure these pairings were very difficult to achieve and decisions had to be made. That said, allowing for history and geography I would have preferred Syracuse over Louisville in UM’s yearly rivals. At least there’s one northeast rivalry to deepen with BC.

1 Like

Agreed about not being overly emotional about it. I also wish we had Syracuse as well. But like my old man said, beggars can’t be choosers….

I like it.

Somehow Florida State got Syracuse, not us and Louisville, again, got three old Coastal teams as “rivals”. They had taken the Maryland spot after they fled for the B1G money so you have to feel they were kind of just thrown in with schools to make this annual rivals thing work.