OC Target

Saw this just now.

Wow!

no head coach is leaving their job to be a coordinator somewhere else. cmon

1 Like

What kind of offense does he run?

For the right $$$$$…

That said, He is earning ~$1.1M/year. That would take some serious cash to convince him to come. So unless he just wants a way into the Power5 I don’t see it happening.

But here is the thing… does Miami really need to hire a guy who is 45-27 in the Group of 5? With the influx of $, can’t Miami do better?

1 Like

Why are you all throwing his HC record into the discussion? His offenses at Toledo, whether the OC or HC have all been pretty good outside of one outlier season. That is what matters. Remember what they did to us in 2017 when he had the best QB he has ever had play for him up to that point? He is balanced, he is modern, and he can score points in a variety of ways. Also runs the ball very well statistically, so I completely understand why Mario would want him. His HC record and being an above average MAC coach since he has taken over is just a plus. He will be here to coordinate and focus solely on offense, not the 8488494 duties that HCs have. We should be thrilled if this actually happens.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

100%. He was good enough as a OC to earn the HC role.
Don’t forget, Toledo was ranked when he was the OC. This would be a win in my book to pull him to Miami. (I would still prefer Briles, but would not be mad at all by this move)

1 Like

Now this

1 Like

Briles will be a problem with TVD and Miami speed. This could be a scary good offense with him at the helm.

I don’t know what to believe anymore… Briles reportedly offered the job, but “Candle to Miami” rumors are “heating up”. :roll_eyes:

Considering how many “Co-Offensive Coordinators” are currently on the staff, maybe CMC is trying to hire them both to be “Co-Really Offensive Co-Coordinators” :crazy_face:

Does seem unlikely unless he is tired of being a head coach. Maybe he enjoyed being a coordinator more? Much less BS to deal with. And the UM OC job will probably pay as much or more than the Toledo HC job.

Of course, he’ll have to leave the Paris of the Midwest to live in South Florida.

Who knows what the truth is. Reporters routinely just make shyt up.

Perhaps Mario can get former Georgia Tech HC, Paul Johnson aka “Spock’s Dad” to perform a Vulcan Mind Meld on two or more of Miami-s co-offensive coordinators creating a single OC to take command of the offense?

Now being reported that Candle turned down Miami. Who knows if any of this is true or if it is all BS.

Cane Bill rumored to be leading OC candidate at present.

Given the new financial reality, thanks billionaire boosters, there is no reason Miami can’t afford to hire a great OC with a great track record.

And here we are… :expressionless:

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

It seems that the search for an OC and a DC is turning into somewhat of a disaster.

“Don’t believe everything you read” said Miami Hurricanes Head Coach, Jon Gruden.

1 Like

I’m guessing/hoping it’s Dorsey at this point

1 Like

I’m seeing his name pop up a lot. Now that the Bills are out, we may hear something soon. Honestly I’m lukewarm about it. He seems like a good QB coach, but how much play-calling experience does he really have? I know a few NFL teams expressed some interest in him as an OC so they at least see something there.

Latest rumor mill fodder